Lancome Energie de Vie The Foam Cleanser

Lancome Energie de Vie The Foam Cleanser

2.5

I really love this cleanser​!

That being said, I can only give it 2 stars​ because​, ​ after two months of using it, my skin has begun to get dry on certain days and in the evening if i dont cake on moisturizer asap! One day I mosied into the ingredients list and found out that this has SLES/sodium Laureth​ sulfate - which is not a good one. It can cause dryness on the top of your skin, which is exactly what happened with me.

I was told it was made for 'millennials​' who care about crap like ingredients, but I guess Lancome doesn't​ actually care about us and just puts a good face on :( I am going to finish using it up because I​ love the scent andI​i feel like my skin is nice and clean but soft, it just caused me to use stronger moisturizers and chug that water a little more. It's​ frustrating to bend over backward​ for a cleanser. I think ​i will explore a different brand for my skincare needs after finding this out.

I also have the toner and it doesn't​ do anything at all for the dryness, but the moisturizer complimented this drying cleanser the first week i used it, then that stopped working too.

on 8/8/2016 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Energie de Vie is Lancome's answer to more natural skincare (similar to Estee Lauder's Nutritious line). From their website:

"Energie de Vie Cleanser has a syrupy-like texture, created using 3 roots with the power to create skin vital energy from within;
• rhodiola for energy,
• gentian for detoxification
• wild yam for nutrition.

Extracted with the most advanced technology, Energie de Vie Cleanser is a vital healthy sap for a skin relieved from all signs of fatigue. Skin is detoxed, deeply energized and nourished."

First off, the scent is way too overpowering, and not pleasant to begin with. As far as those natural ingredients, it's a cleanser, so I doubt they have much effect on skin as a cleanser is not on your face too long. If you can stand the scent, it is a nice gel to foam cleanser that foams up nicely and removes makeup. I didn't feel like my skin was taut/tight after using this. The scent though ruins it for me.