Herbivore - Blue Tansy AHA + BHA Resurfacing Clarity Mask

Herbivore - Blue Tansy AHA + BHA Resurfacing Clarity Mask

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose (Plant Derived), Glycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Tanacetum Annuum (Blue Tansy) Flower Oil, Jasminum Sambac (Jasmine) Flower Water, Ananas Sativus (Organic Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Organic Papaya) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Organic Papaya) Leaf Extract, Leucidal (Radish Root Ferment).

on 4/23/2018 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have minor acne breakouts and this mask being done every 3-4 days has helped reduce redness, minimize pores and given my face overall a brighter appearance. It however, did nothing about my acne and it did not really help with a few black heads. Definitely recommend if you have redness and uneven skin texture and uneven skin color.

Amazing for my skin. I have sensitive and acne prone skin. Every time I get a breakout it leaves a red mark. They take so long to get rid off! I have been using this masks for only a couple of weeks but I am loving it. It seems to be calming and helps fade the red marks a little bit. I also have had fewer large breakouts, which I think is related to this. I still have some clogged pores and small zits. I don’t think I purged much from this but I do think it can cause some small purging as the product exfoliates and pushes some of the clogs up. Cons I dislike the packaging. I think a tube would be better but it’s very liquid so maybe that’s why they have the tub form. Smell is not great. Smells like Lapis from the same line but stronger.

on 1/23/2018 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

This will forever be a re-buy as long as it is on the market. I thought i found the mother of all masks with Ole Henriksons Lemon Flash Peel, but this one surpasses it. It leaves my skin radiant, and even toned. The smell takes getting used to, but again, the results surpass the minor detail.

on 1/10/2018 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mask helps so much in clearing my skin. Especially when I use it often, the blackheads on my nose that I’ve had for years are virtually gone. I almost never repurchase masks but I’m running out to buy this again once it’s done!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a great product. With consistent use, it helps reduce my hormonal acne, something I wasn't expecting with this product. My skin is smoother and brighter, it is a nice chemical exfoliator. My first whiff is always very sweet and it smells like a Kool-Aid drink from my childhood, but as you smell more of it as you use it it smells kind of woodsy-herbish. It's not terrible, not fabulous either, wish it could be less strong of a smell. It is more on the liquid side than gel and has a little scraper/spatula included. I was very impressed with how gentle yet effective this is. This product does not dry out my skin at all. I have not noticed any issues with spoilage or the product turning 'off', something I noticed others had mentioned. I wish it were a little cheaper, I use it regularly and after about 8 weeks it's almost half gone. I still would buy it again, despite the price because I think it works well.

UPDATE: I will say it did discolor slightly, darken/become slightly cloudy. I did still use it after discoloration with no problems. It had no 'off' smell. If you use it as frequently as recommended this will not be an issue and it will be gone before discoloring. (Although it is expensive.). I would not buy this if you do not plan on using it regularly. I still highly recommend it, the effectiveness is fantastic. I believe the discoloration is a price to pay for a more natural product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This came in one of my Play! By Sephora boxes recently, most of the stuff I got has broken my face out horribly....I almost didn't try this for that very reason. The packaging is horrible I didn't know it was runny and promptly spilled half of it on the floor. It's a blue smelly snot like substance I thought surely this is a mistake, smeared it on my face and it kind of burned the whole 20 minutes I had it on. OMFG!! I had some type of large millia like bumps on my forehead for the last year were immediately gone was the second thing I noticed....first was how silky soft and totally smooth my face now was. This shit is amazing I'm going to try to ration what's left because the price of it's just not in my unemployed budget. Maybe I can find some of these tiny samples for sale on eBay but it's def something I can no longer live without!!

on 11/12/2017 8:48:00 AM

My skin loves this mask! I’ve only been using for about three weeks, and I’ve had all of my cystic pimple purge and disappear, diminished Whitehead’s and blackheads, my pores are more smaller, improved skin texture and redness calmed significantly. It feels incredible after battling adult acne for years now.

I use as directed (4x the first week, 3x per week thereafter) and I leave it on for the full 20 minutes. I follow it with the Lapis facial oil. On non mask days, I cleanse with my sensitive skin cleanser and just use the Lapis oil.

About the product; there’s a strong smell, herbally medicinal. I like it, I can see how some may not. I am fine with the jar style packaging, essential oils/natural products are usually in glass jars, I just wish it was colored glass to block the light (this helps preserve the integrity of the oils in the product). But, no big deal, I keep it in the cabinet. Some people commented about how unhygienic the packaging is, but if you use a brush and wash before dipping into the jar, it’s not an issue. The mask does tingle and feel cooling. During the first week of use, the improvement was mild, the second week is when I saw the dramatic results. I’m used to waiting months to see if a product works for my skin, two weeks felt like a miracle to me!

As with all acne routines, it’s all about what’s used in conjunction. I tried to keep it as simple as possible, only my basic CC cream, concealer and blush (all natural and non toxic products) and I only wash with a simple cleanser when I take off my makeup. As for the hit or miss reviews, you have to understand that acne prone skin is different with every person, and there is no one cure all. Sampling and shopping where you can return is the best bet. The herbivore products worked for me. I’d stop at Sephora and get samples, or try the ‘True Blue’ set for $29 to give it a shot. If it’s the right combo, it’s pretty powerful results.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have many acne scars on my face and I find that this product seems to darken them. Unfortunately since it is advertised as an exfoliator I thought that it would help with them. Mine went from a blue color to a really murky green/gray/brown color after about 1 month. I feel like there were plenty of other products that I could have got for this price that would have worked better for me.

on 10/7/2017 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this in a Sephora Play! Box, used it twice.

First off, the tingling/ stinging is mild and goes away quickly....however any kind of irritation like that can worsen hyperpigmentation, and a lot of other skin problems someone might be trying NOT to exacerbate.

I found the exfoliation on this was unremarkable......practically nonexistent.....I get better results and no irritation from leaving Neutrogena oil free acne wash on for a full 5 min.

As other reviews have stated, it is very unsanitary packaging for something with no preservatives. Why not an airless pump?

There are a lot of better AHA/ BHA treatments out there, most are more sanitary and many don’t include irritating plant oils or menthols.....you don’t need that to “know that it isn’t working” ....if the product actually works, you will SEE the results.

I've had this for about 4 months and this has also started to turn and murky green and grow mouldy on me. HB should either reformulate it or package in smaller jars so that consumers can use it fresh. Not repurchasing!