CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.1

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 10/7/2018 6:48:00 AM

I am at the end of the first bottle now, so I have been using this product for some time, but with breaks because during summer I prefer using a SFP moisturizer, and putting sun cream on the top of this moisturizer it's impossible for me, the skin gets too oily.

During the winter and autumn I like using this. It makes the skin smooth and small imperfections less visible.

on 7/8/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is basically like using a primer as a moisturizer, except it doesn't actually behave like a primer. It doesn't control oil or shine, or blur pores, it just made my skin feel and look dry.

I have combination skin that's oilier in hot weather and thought that it would be a great summer moisturizer. I've had a lot of luck with other Clinique products (Take the day off cleansing oil and City Block sunscreen are ride or die for me). I just don't think this is a good product. Clinique products are also always reasonably priced for their quality, but you need so much of this to cover your face, so that was also a con.

I gave it a point for being fragrance-free, but would not recommend for any skin type.

on 7/3/2018 9:06:00 PM

This is one of my favorite face products. I guess it is my 5th now, and I have 2 more (bought it when it is cheaper) because I am definitely sure I will keep using it. In the beginning I used it right after toner and it was enough. Maybe my skin (or maybe because of the seasonal change) needed something more, and I used my own mix of oil before this product and it was perfect. It makes the oily shine go away and keeps the skin moisturized all day. I don’t need to refresh moisturizer through the day normally, only (and sometimes) my chin and around the lips. But when I use this product I don’t have to use anything else and the best part is it is like a primer too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I took harper's bazaar and it had it as bestseller.So I said to give it a try.20 euros is not much but the cream was awful.My skin couldn't absorb it and it was immediately oily.I used it only once and then gave it to my mother who has very dry skin.So don't recommend it.

on 1/18/2018 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My skin is dry-combination right now and I'm always trying to find good moisturizers.when I went to repurchase clinique moisture surge,which I love,SA suggested me to try this one as moisture surge was out of stock and she said that pep-star hydroblur will prevent my foundation from sticking to my dry patches and get flakey
It's an ok moisturizer but I believe it's better suited for people with drier and more mature skin because it blurs fine lines a bit and mature skin aren't usually acne prone
It has a very thick texture,so you'd like it only if you like rich moisturizers.it can feel too heavy for people with oily skin and may cause acne.it was a good makeup base for me but was a bit oily for my tzone and I felt it's clogging my pores
I won't repurchase

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really enjoyed this moisturizer. I felt like it gave my skin a good base for my makeup. It also seemed light to me, very non greasy. I didn't notice any pore clogging or acne at all. My skin actually had a really pretty glow. Point off for no spf, but thats it.

on 12/1/2017 11:46:00 AM

The Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer is a decent moisturizer for someone who has dry non-acne prone skin. My only real issue with it is the fact that it comes in a jar which allows all the good antioxidants to degrade with exposure to light and air. If you have acne prone skin I would caution use of this moisturizer because it is so thick and paste-like, and it contains some potentially pore-clogging ingredients. When you apply this you can definitely feel it on just because the texture is so thick. This also prevents some breath-ability of the skin which can also allow pores to become clogged. This does slightly blur fine lines but not quite as muc as promised. My more detailed video review is here:

on 11/11/2017 8:40:00 AM

Got this with a GWP. No way in hell will I try it though because they added Myristyl Myristate which causes breakouts. So disappointed.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my 6th-7th moisturizer from Clinique and this part of my review applies to every single one of them: Too. Much. Silicone. I have some worries about silicone like while it instantly makes the skin smoother, it feels like a skin make-up so to speak. Not change the skin but gives the illusion it has by making the surface get softer, like a wax. There isn't enough research on silicones so I can't say it does for sure but based on how my skin responds to silicone-rich moisturizers, I feel like they dry the skin in the longterm. I can still ignore the silicone if it's not listed high on the ingredients list but in every Clinique moisturizer it's high on the list, sometimes more than one silicone like this moisturizer.

The texture of this moisturizer is quite thick but that didn't bother me. No irritation. I think it would make a good primer before make-up indeed. I have combination skin with cheeks area that is a little on the dry side and t-zone that is a little on the oily side. I would say this moisturizer is for normal skin. It didn't do the best job on my cheeks but also didn't get my t-zone oilier than it is.

P.S. If you're wondering why I still shop at Clinique although I'm not satisfied with any of their moisturizers, it's really just because they make some good promotions. This should be a model to other brands.

P.P.S. I know I already talked about silicones but I genuinely don't understand why Clinique has many different moisturizers and STILL not make one that doesn't have silicone. That one I would actually purchase without needing a promotion. Other ingredients are really good in Clinique's moisturizers, just leave out silicones in a moisturizer for once for those of us who don't like them?

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this product since ot keeps my face hydrated during the hole day. I have an oiliy skin so my skin turned greesy sometimes , especially durin the summer season. Although i didnt quite see the brur effect , i trust clinique . It is a good moisturizer for a daily use. Nothing extraordinary.