CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

2.9

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

As others have said, this is a bit of an odd product. I think it does work well as a moisturiser and it does mattify things a bit so makeup goes on well.

As I prefer using a combo moisturiser/spf product during the day, I only use this in a very specific instance. I live where it gets dark quite early in the winter and often get out of the gym/shower after dark. However, my day isn't over and I still want to look put together, but I don't need the SPF. This is great in that it's moisturiser and a base for makeup, but doesn't have SPF.

So, a nice product. Not something I'd use year round. Not something I'd rush out to repurchase immediately. But, I can see its usefulness and might buy in the future if I don't have anything else handy. Price is not too crazy either. Not a fan of jar packaging, but given the size and with every day usage, I don't think it will deteriorate before it's used up.

on 8/20/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I hate the consistency of this. As others have written, it is like a type of primer in its consistency...it reminds me of a dried up gel-cream. It is ok moisturizing my combo-oily skin, but i don't see any pore blurring or priming effects. I had a travel size and I wouldn't purchase the regular size.

on 3/13/2017 3:27:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this in my Sephora bonus Pep Start Full of Pep Set. My first problem with this is the texture. It reminds me of the icing that comes in a can of cinnamon rolls. Application is very sticky and unpleasant. It feels like applying straight silicone to your face. It does not "blur imperfections" as it promises. Yes, it does moisturize. Yes, it has been kind to my sensitive skin. The problems are that it is gummy and it does not minimize pores, dry patches, or blemishes. I still have to use a concealer.

on 2/28/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So not impressed with this "combo" moisturizer and primer. I have acne prone skin, which is mostly oily in the T zone and normal to my cheeks. I do tend to have larger pore to my nose are. I find for me it works okay as a moisturizer. However it did not perform well as a makeup primer for my powder and liquid foundations. It actually accentuated my pores. (ick) I ended up finishing the jar as my night time moisturizer. I will stick with separate moisturizer and primer.

on 2/16/2017 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is essentially a primer for under your makeup. It is a moisturizer as well, but I think it's primary function is to act underneath foundation. This is a good option for combination to oily skin, as it will fill in pores and make them appear to be smaller (thanks to the filling action of this moisturizer). It worked well for my semi-oily skin, and I found it helped my foundation go on smoother. $39 CDN for this 50 mL jar. Only at Sephora.

Literally nothing special. So many drugstore moisturizers that are so much better. This is like a knock off version of Cerave but for more money. My skin didn't look great using this. Got little bumps. Love the eye cream though!

on 11/29/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A "dermatologist tested brand safe for acne" my ass. This contains "Myristyl Myristate" which is a level 5 comedogenic ingredient which can . and WILL clog pores badly! Luckily I didn't get huge zits from using this only once, but my face did get more red than a tomato. So disappointed, research your ingredients. Really Clinique?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

AMAAAAAZING. Absolute holy grail!!! I tried la mer's version of this but this won hands down!!!! Gorgeous texture and actually keeps me matte all day. It still gives amazing hydration! HG!!!