CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.5

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Not sure why this is marketed as a moisturizer - it’s really more of a primer. It’s too thick and takes a long time to absorb. I noticed slight blurring, but not enough to blow my mind. My dry skin needs something more nourishing without any added silicones.

on 5/22/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This reminds me of what might happen if you mixed a moisturizer with Benefit Porefessional. It's like a hybrid moisturizer and primer, and it's got that silky, silicone feel. Probably not moisturizing enough for those with dry skin for most of the year (it's probably fine in a balmy summer climate), but used on top of a light moisturizer it makes an okay canvas and eliminates the need for a primer, at least for me. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's good enough that I would use up and would use GWP, samples, etc., but would not go out and purchase on its own.

on 3/7/2017 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Strange product. Not very moisturing at all but it serves a different purpose for me. I use this when I'm heading to the gym or if I'm running out quickly and just want my skin to look a bit better and stay mattified (but not crazy fake matte). This is absolutely amazing if you're not wearing makeup but also don't like a bare face. I put this on before my sunscreen (I don't leave the house without it on) and my skin actually looks great even after sweating at the gym. I have a super shiny, oily t zone and am really impressed at how this held up. I also have combo dry cheeks and there was no issue with dryness. Definitely recommend this. I honestly haven't tried it with real foundation. It's fine with powder and concealer but it really works well alone making you look like your natural skin is just that much better. Would repurchase.

on 8/3/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is an excellent moisturizer for summertime. It's light, like a gel-cream, but it has plumping and blurring effects as long as it's on my skin. It's fabulous on my neck! I don't use primer, so I can't say how this works as a primer, but it's currently my favorite night cream. I am very pleased with the whole Pep-Start line because each product is multipurpose. This makes my skin look "airbrushed" in an instant!