CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Straight
CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

2.4

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

WHOA. I did not expect to fall in love with any product that says mattifying moisturizer on the label. That usually means it's for oily skin types, and I am as dry as possible during the winter! This stuff is great, though! It really does moisturize and have this cool blurring effect that I love as a canvas before applying foundation. I've only been using it about a week, so we'll see how it goes through other seasons, etc. I only use it in the morning, as I don't need the mattifying or blurring effects at night. My morning routine goes like this:

1. Wash face, sometimes, if I'm not feeling lazy, with Philosophy Purity cleanser
2. Toner, Kiehl's Calendula (this is often step 1, because I seldom wash my face in the am)
3. Serum, The Ordinary Buffet or Hylamide SubQ
4. Vitamin C, Hylamide C25
5. Sunscreen, Shiseido in the blue bottle
6. Clinique Hydroblur
7. Sometimes I add a touch of Tatcha Silk Canvas in a few areas, sometimes I don't.

After that, I put on my makeup. I've never had an issue with pilling, I think it may be because I use chemical sunscreen. (Physical sunscreen tends to cause pilling with many of my products, so I finally had to go for convenience and cosmetic elegance.) My skin looks so smooth after I apply the Hydroblur. This is what I wanted Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base to be, but that one was an overpriced underperformer for me. I'm honestly still amazed at how hydrating the Hydroblur is! It has some good ingredients as well, such as shea butter and mango seed butter, along with hyaluronic acid, ceramides and squalane. I got this on sale, but even at $29.50 for 50ml, it's a steal, and I hope this one holds up once warmer weather comes! I started using it in December, so we'll see.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I took harper's bazaar and it had it as bestseller.So I said to give it a try.20 euros is not much but the cream was awful.My skin couldn't absorb it and it was immediately oily.I used it only once and then gave it to my mother who has very dry skin.So don't recommend it.

on 1/18/2018 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My skin is dry-combination right now and I'm always trying to find good moisturizers.when I went to repurchase clinique moisture surge,which I love,SA suggested me to try this one as moisture surge was out of stock and she said that pep-star hydroblur will prevent my foundation from sticking to my dry patches and get flakey
It's an ok moisturizer but I believe it's better suited for people with drier and more mature skin because it blurs fine lines a bit and mature skin aren't usually acne prone
It has a very thick texture,so you'd like it only if you like rich moisturizers.it can feel too heavy for people with oily skin and may cause acne.it was a good makeup base for me but was a bit oily for my tzone and I felt it's clogging my pores
I won't repurchase

on 2/28/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So not impressed with this "combo" moisturizer and primer. I have acne prone skin, which is mostly oily in the T zone and normal to my cheeks. I do tend to have larger pore to my nose are. I find for me it works okay as a moisturizer. However it did not perform well as a makeup primer for my powder and liquid foundations. It actually accentuated my pores. (ick) I ended up finishing the jar as my night time moisturizer. I will stick with separate moisturizer and primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It seems like skincare products with makeup usage in mind (or is it the other way?) are kind of a trend nowadays: the new It Cosmetics compact foundation/serum hybrid, moisturizers with a barely-there tint, illuminating face mists, and a slew of face moisturizer/primer multitaskers, such as this product.

This is a moisturizer that promises all-day hydration while controlling oil and also priming the face. I think the primer portion is comparable to Benefit's Porefessional: it visibly blurs pores and provides a silky smooth canvas for makeup to glide on top of. Unfortunately I did experience my foundation breaking up throughout the day, which never happens with my other primers. Also, although it controlled oil decently, it wasn't very moisturizing, at least not enough for me to use as a standalone moisturizer, so I think it's definitely better for oily-skinned people.

All in all, this is kind of a "meh" product. I still think using a separate moisturizer and primer is optimal. I always appreciate Clinique's very reasonable price point, though.