CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

WHOA. I did not expect to fall in love with any product that says mattifying moisturizer on the label. That usually means it's for oily skin types, and I am as dry as possible during the winter! This stuff is great, though! It really does moisturize and have this cool blurring effect that I love as a canvas before applying foundation. I've only been using it about a week, so we'll see how it goes through other seasons, etc. I only use it in the morning, as I don't need the mattifying or blurring effects at night. My morning routine goes like this:

1. Wash face, sometimes, if I'm not feeling lazy, with Philosophy Purity cleanser
2. Toner, Kiehl's Calendula (this is often step 1, because I seldom wash my face in the am)
3. Serum, The Ordinary Buffet or Hylamide SubQ
4. Vitamin C, Hylamide C25
5. Sunscreen, Shiseido in the blue bottle
6. Clinique Hydroblur
7. Sometimes I add a touch of Tatcha Silk Canvas in a few areas, sometimes I don't.

After that, I put on my makeup. I've never had an issue with pilling, I think it may be because I use chemical sunscreen. (Physical sunscreen tends to cause pilling with many of my products, so I finally had to go for convenience and cosmetic elegance.) My skin looks so smooth after I apply the Hydroblur. This is what I wanted Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base to be, but that one was an overpriced underperformer for me. I'm honestly still amazed at how hydrating the Hydroblur is! It has some good ingredients as well, such as shea butter and mango seed butter, along with hyaluronic acid, ceramides and squalane. I got this on sale, but even at $29.50 for 50ml, it's a steal, and I hope this one holds up once warmer weather comes! I started using it in December, so we'll see.

on 7/3/2018 9:06:00 PM

This is one of my favorite face products. I guess it is my 5th now, and I have 2 more (bought it when it is cheaper) because I am definitely sure I will keep using it. In the beginning I used it right after toner and it was enough. Maybe my skin (or maybe because of the seasonal change) needed something more, and I used my own mix of oil before this product and it was perfect. It makes the oily shine go away and keeps the skin moisturized all day. I don’t need to refresh moisturizer through the day normally, only (and sometimes) my chin and around the lips. But when I use this product I don’t have to use anything else and the best part is it is like a primer too.

on 10/16/2016 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Glycerin is the 2nd ingredient. Trust clinique for the primer effect, but if you want the benefits as astraight moisturizer at night or for chapped hands, just buy $3 bottle glycerin at the grocery store. Use a few drops diluted with afew drops of water on a moist skin.
This is what the frozen northern fishermen used on their hands.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

AMAAAAAZING. Absolute holy grail!!! I tried la mer's version of this but this won hands down!!!! Gorgeous texture and actually keeps me matte all day. It still gives amazing hydration! HG!!!

on 8/22/2016 2:34:00 PM

LOVE!!! This cream has been an absolute godsend for my combo-oily skin! It is so good. This is kind of my new favorite product right now, I am obsessed with it. Definitely one of Clinique's best and a potential HG.

This new Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer has a thick-ish texture to it (reminds me of Kinerase Lotion if you've ever used that product), but when you apply it to the skin it feels completely lightweight. And it has a wonderful mattifying effect that lasts ALL DAY. Provides the perfect amount of moisture without turning my face into a greasy mess (a problem that I have with a lot of moisturizers). Just makes my skin look and feel AMAZING.

Probably the best day cream I have ever tried. I cannot recommend this product enough for those with combo-oily skin!

I will absolutely buy this again.

I just purchased this from Sephora and I have only used it once.
So far, it is fantastic! I have extremely dry skin with the winning combo of both Rosacea AND
Seborrheic Dermatitis! My skin flakes when I put on foundation....and I mean *any," foundation, and many products irritate my skin.

I put this on and it felt cooling and plumping. I put on my foundation and there were no flakes.
Not one.

I am going to try it again in a day or so and I am hoping the results are the same.

Having tried moisturizers in every price range, including ones in the Luxury category, if this continues to play well with my skin - I will declare it HG status!!!

on 8/3/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is an excellent moisturizer for summertime. It's light, like a gel-cream, but it has plumping and blurring effects as long as it's on my skin. It's fabulous on my neck! I don't use primer, so I can't say how this works as a primer, but it's currently my favorite night cream. I am very pleased with the whole Pep-Start line because each product is multipurpose. This makes my skin look "airbrushed" in an instant!

As others have said, this is a bit of an odd product. I think it does work well as a moisturiser and it does mattify things a bit so makeup goes on well.

As I prefer using a combo moisturiser/spf product during the day, I only use this in a very specific instance. I live where it gets dark quite early in the winter and often get out of the gym/shower after dark. However, my day isn't over and I still want to look put together, but I don't need the SPF. This is great in that it's moisturiser and a base for makeup, but doesn't have SPF.

So, a nice product. Not something I'd use year round. Not something I'd rush out to repurchase immediately. But, I can see its usefulness and might buy in the future if I don't have anything else handy. Price is not too crazy either. Not a fan of jar packaging, but given the size and with every day usage, I don't think it will deteriorate before it's used up.

on 10/7/2018 6:48:00 AM

I am at the end of the first bottle now, so I have been using this product for some time, but with breaks because during summer I prefer using a SFP moisturizer, and putting sun cream on the top of this moisturizer it's impossible for me, the skin gets too oily.

During the winter and autumn I like using this. It makes the skin smooth and small imperfections less visible.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really enjoyed this moisturizer. I felt like it gave my skin a good base for my makeup. It also seemed light to me, very non greasy. I didn't notice any pore clogging or acne at all. My skin actually had a really pretty glow. Point off for no spf, but thats it.