CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 7/8/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is basically like using a primer as a moisturizer, except it doesn't actually behave like a primer. It doesn't control oil or shine, or blur pores, it just made my skin feel and look dry.

I have combination skin that's oilier in hot weather and thought that it would be a great summer moisturizer. I've had a lot of luck with other Clinique products (Take the day off cleansing oil and City Block sunscreen are ride or die for me). I just don't think this is a good product. Clinique products are also always reasonably priced for their quality, but you need so much of this to cover your face, so that was also a con.

I gave it a point for being fragrance-free, but would not recommend for any skin type.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I took harper's bazaar and it had it as bestseller.So I said to give it a try.20 euros is not much but the cream was awful.My skin couldn't absorb it and it was immediately oily.I used it only once and then gave it to my mother who has very dry skin.So don't recommend it.

on 11/11/2017 8:40:00 AM

Got this with a GWP. No way in hell will I try it though because they added Myristyl Myristate which causes breakouts. So disappointed.

on 2/28/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So not impressed with this "combo" moisturizer and primer. I have acne prone skin, which is mostly oily in the T zone and normal to my cheeks. I do tend to have larger pore to my nose are. I find for me it works okay as a moisturizer. However it did not perform well as a makeup primer for my powder and liquid foundations. It actually accentuated my pores. (ick) I ended up finishing the jar as my night time moisturizer. I will stick with separate moisturizer and primer.

on 11/29/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A "dermatologist tested brand safe for acne" my ass. This contains "Myristyl Myristate" which is a level 5 comedogenic ingredient which can . and WILL clog pores badly! Luckily I didn't get huge zits from using this only once, but my face did get more red than a tomato. So disappointed, research your ingredients. Really Clinique?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Not sure why this is marketed as a moisturizer - it’s really more of a primer. It’s too thick and takes a long time to absorb. I noticed slight blurring, but not enough to blow my mind. My dry skin needs something more nourishing without any added silicones.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It seems like skincare products with makeup usage in mind (or is it the other way?) are kind of a trend nowadays: the new It Cosmetics compact foundation/serum hybrid, moisturizers with a barely-there tint, illuminating face mists, and a slew of face moisturizer/primer multitaskers, such as this product.

This is a moisturizer that promises all-day hydration while controlling oil and also priming the face. I think the primer portion is comparable to Benefit's Porefessional: it visibly blurs pores and provides a silky smooth canvas for makeup to glide on top of. Unfortunately I did experience my foundation breaking up throughout the day, which never happens with my other primers. Also, although it controlled oil decently, it wasn't very moisturizing, at least not enough for me to use as a standalone moisturizer, so I think it's definitely better for oily-skinned people.

All in all, this is kind of a "meh" product. I still think using a separate moisturizer and primer is optimal. I always appreciate Clinique's very reasonable price point, though.

Literally nothing special. So many drugstore moisturizers that are so much better. This is like a knock off version of Cerave but for more money. My skin didn't look great using this. Got little bumps. Love the eye cream though!

on 1/18/2018 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My skin is dry-combination right now and I'm always trying to find good moisturizers.when I went to repurchase clinique moisture surge,which I love,SA suggested me to try this one as moisture surge was out of stock and she said that pep-star hydroblur will prevent my foundation from sticking to my dry patches and get flakey
It's an ok moisturizer but I believe it's better suited for people with drier and more mature skin because it blurs fine lines a bit and mature skin aren't usually acne prone
It has a very thick texture,so you'd like it only if you like rich moisturizers.it can feel too heavy for people with oily skin and may cause acne.it was a good makeup base for me but was a bit oily for my tzone and I felt it's clogging my pores
I won't repurchase

on 12/1/2017 11:46:00 AM

The Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer is a decent moisturizer for someone who has dry non-acne prone skin. My only real issue with it is the fact that it comes in a jar which allows all the good antioxidants to degrade with exposure to light and air. If you have acne prone skin I would caution use of this moisturizer because it is so thick and paste-like, and it contains some potentially pore-clogging ingredients. When you apply this you can definitely feel it on just because the texture is so thick. This also prevents some breath-ability of the skin which can also allow pores to become clogged. This does slightly blur fine lines but not quite as muc as promised. My more detailed video review is here: