CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

I just purchased this from Sephora and I have only used it once.
So far, it is fantastic! I have extremely dry skin with the winning combo of both Rosacea AND
Seborrheic Dermatitis! My skin flakes when I put on foundation....and I mean *any," foundation, and many products irritate my skin.

I put this on and it felt cooling and plumping. I put on my foundation and there were no flakes.
Not one.

I am going to try it again in a day or so and I am hoping the results are the same.

Having tried moisturizers in every price range, including ones in the Luxury category, if this continues to play well with my skin - I will declare it HG status!!!

on 11/29/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A "dermatologist tested brand safe for acne" my ass. This contains "Myristyl Myristate" which is a level 5 comedogenic ingredient which can . and WILL clog pores badly! Luckily I didn't get huge zits from using this only once, but my face did get more red than a tomato. So disappointed, research your ingredients. Really Clinique?

on 8/22/2016 2:34:00 PM

LOVE!!! This cream has been an absolute godsend for my combo-oily skin! It is so good. This is kind of my new favorite product right now, I am obsessed with it. Definitely one of Clinique's best and a potential HG.

This new Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer has a thick-ish texture to it (reminds me of Kinerase Lotion if you've ever used that product), but when you apply it to the skin it feels completely lightweight. And it has a wonderful mattifying effect that lasts ALL DAY. Provides the perfect amount of moisture without turning my face into a greasy mess (a problem that I have with a lot of moisturizers). Just makes my skin look and feel AMAZING.

Probably the best day cream I have ever tried. I cannot recommend this product enough for those with combo-oily skin!

I will absolutely buy this again.

on 8/3/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is an excellent moisturizer for summertime. It's light, like a gel-cream, but it has plumping and blurring effects as long as it's on my skin. It's fabulous on my neck! I don't use primer, so I can't say how this works as a primer, but it's currently my favorite night cream. I am very pleased with the whole Pep-Start line because each product is multipurpose. This makes my skin look "airbrushed" in an instant!

on 7/19/2017 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This really isn't a moisturiser. I use it as a primer, and for this purpose it's fine. It's like a light version of the Clarins Lisse Minute / Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, but you get more product for less money. Very siliconey!

on 10/16/2016 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

clinique pep start moisturizer to be like a moisturizer+primer in one. while light-weight, it is quite sticky due to the glycerin and has a silicone feel to it. i dont find it particularly moisturizing (but ok for normal skin) but as a primer it is pretty good.

my foundation (ELDW) stayed on all day, through motorcycling with a full-face helmet and bandana around my face. it did not transfer to the helmet nor rub off due to the bandana. the foundation was still on my face 10 hours after application.

in the summer i would just use this product on its own under makeup, but in the winter i will need a moisturizer before the hydroblur.

i think this would be a good primer for oily skin.
i wish the product was packaged in a pump bottle instead of a jar into which i have to dip my fingers.
it is price-y at $29.50 USD for 1.7 ounces but not extremely expensive in comparison to other primers available.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It seems like skincare products with makeup usage in mind (or is it the other way?) are kind of a trend nowadays: the new It Cosmetics compact foundation/serum hybrid, moisturizers with a barely-there tint, illuminating face mists, and a slew of face moisturizer/primer multitaskers, such as this product.

This is a moisturizer that promises all-day hydration while controlling oil and also priming the face. I think the primer portion is comparable to Benefit's Porefessional: it visibly blurs pores and provides a silky smooth canvas for makeup to glide on top of. Unfortunately I did experience my foundation breaking up throughout the day, which never happens with my other primers. Also, although it controlled oil decently, it wasn't very moisturizing, at least not enough for me to use as a standalone moisturizer, so I think it's definitely better for oily-skinned people.

All in all, this is kind of a "meh" product. I still think using a separate moisturizer and primer is optimal. I always appreciate Clinique's very reasonable price point, though.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my 6th-7th moisturizer from Clinique and this part of my review applies to every single one of them: Too. Much. Silicone. I have some worries about silicone like while it instantly makes the skin smoother, it feels like a skin make-up so to speak. Not change the skin but gives the illusion it has by making the surface get softer, like a wax. There isn't enough research on silicones so I can't say it does for sure but based on how my skin responds to silicone-rich moisturizers, I feel like they dry the skin in the longterm. I can still ignore the silicone if it's not listed high on the ingredients list but in every Clinique moisturizer it's high on the list, sometimes more than one silicone like this moisturizer.

The texture of this moisturizer is quite thick but that didn't bother me. No irritation. I think it would make a good primer before make-up indeed. I have combination skin with cheeks area that is a little on the dry side and t-zone that is a little on the oily side. I would say this moisturizer is for normal skin. It didn't do the best job on my cheeks but also didn't get my t-zone oilier than it is.

P.S. If you're wondering why I still shop at Clinique although I'm not satisfied with any of their moisturizers, it's really just because they make some good promotions. This should be a model to other brands.

P.P.S. I know I already talked about silicones but I genuinely don't understand why Clinique has many different moisturizers and STILL not make one that doesn't have silicone. That one I would actually purchase without needing a promotion. Other ingredients are really good in Clinique's moisturizers, just leave out silicones in a moisturizer for once for those of us who don't like them?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not sure of the purpose of this besides a moisturizer as it did not blur my pores or work that well as a primer. Instead I found it sticky and slightly gooey on my face and I have mostly N/D skin right now with some slight oil on my chin by night time. I hate the jar; this should really be in a pump. This gets under my nails-yuck. The texture is really thick and it is unscented. I'm glad others get a blur effect but for me this did not work and it will be going back.

on 3/7/2017 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Strange product. Not very moisturing at all but it serves a different purpose for me. I use this when I'm heading to the gym or if I'm running out quickly and just want my skin to look a bit better and stay mattified (but not crazy fake matte). This is absolutely amazing if you're not wearing makeup but also don't like a bare face. I put this on before my sunscreen (I don't leave the house without it on) and my skin actually looks great even after sweating at the gym. I have a super shiny, oily t zone and am really impressed at how this held up. I also have combo dry cheeks and there was no issue with dryness. Definitely recommend this. I honestly haven't tried it with real foundation. It's fine with powder and concealer but it really works well alone making you look like your natural skin is just that much better. Would repurchase.