CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 8/3/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is an excellent moisturizer for summertime. It's light, like a gel-cream, but it has plumping and blurring effects as long as it's on my skin. It's fabulous on my neck! I don't use primer, so I can't say how this works as a primer, but it's currently my favorite night cream. I am very pleased with the whole Pep-Start line because each product is multipurpose. This makes my skin look "airbrushed" in an instant!

I just purchased this from Sephora and I have only used it once.
So far, it is fantastic! I have extremely dry skin with the winning combo of both Rosacea AND
Seborrheic Dermatitis! My skin flakes when I put on foundation....and I mean *any," foundation, and many products irritate my skin.

I put this on and it felt cooling and plumping. I put on my foundation and there were no flakes.
Not one.

I am going to try it again in a day or so and I am hoping the results are the same.

Having tried moisturizers in every price range, including ones in the Luxury category, if this continues to play well with my skin - I will declare it HG status!!!

on 8/22/2016 2:34:00 PM

LOVE!!! This cream has been an absolute godsend for my combo-oily skin! It is so good. This is kind of my new favorite product right now, I am obsessed with it. Definitely one of Clinique's best and a potential HG.

This new Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer has a thick-ish texture to it (reminds me of Kinerase Lotion if you've ever used that product), but when you apply it to the skin it feels completely lightweight. And it has a wonderful mattifying effect that lasts ALL DAY. Provides the perfect amount of moisture without turning my face into a greasy mess (a problem that I have with a lot of moisturizers). Just makes my skin look and feel AMAZING.

Probably the best day cream I have ever tried. I cannot recommend this product enough for those with combo-oily skin!

I will absolutely buy this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

AMAAAAAZING. Absolute holy grail!!! I tried la mer's version of this but this won hands down!!!! Gorgeous texture and actually keeps me matte all day. It still gives amazing hydration! HG!!!

on 10/16/2016 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

clinique pep start moisturizer to be like a moisturizer+primer in one. while light-weight, it is quite sticky due to the glycerin and has a silicone feel to it. i dont find it particularly moisturizing (but ok for normal skin) but as a primer it is pretty good.

my foundation (ELDW) stayed on all day, through motorcycling with a full-face helmet and bandana around my face. it did not transfer to the helmet nor rub off due to the bandana. the foundation was still on my face 10 hours after application.

in the summer i would just use this product on its own under makeup, but in the winter i will need a moisturizer before the hydroblur.

i think this would be a good primer for oily skin.
i wish the product was packaged in a pump bottle instead of a jar into which i have to dip my fingers.
it is price-y at $29.50 USD for 1.7 ounces but not extremely expensive in comparison to other primers available.

on 10/16/2016 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Glycerin is the 2nd ingredient. Trust clinique for the primer effect, but if you want the benefits as astraight moisturizer at night or for chapped hands, just buy $3 bottle glycerin at the grocery store. Use a few drops diluted with afew drops of water on a moist skin.
This is what the frozen northern fishermen used on their hands.

on 11/29/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A "dermatologist tested brand safe for acne" my ass. This contains "Myristyl Myristate" which is a level 5 comedogenic ingredient which can . and WILL clog pores badly! Luckily I didn't get huge zits from using this only once, but my face did get more red than a tomato. So disappointed, research your ingredients. Really Clinique?

Literally nothing special. So many drugstore moisturizers that are so much better. This is like a knock off version of Cerave but for more money. My skin didn't look great using this. Got little bumps. Love the eye cream though!

on 1/16/2017 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love the way this feels on my skin. It glides right on and my skin feels soft and even. However i found that if i wear even the thinnest layer under makeup that it balls up and gets patchy. I had the same exact issue with the pep start eye cream as well! It is perfect for me to use at night and on no makeup days at home. I know other people loved it i just wish i could wear it under my makeup.. then itd be hg status for me!

on 2/16/2017 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is essentially a primer for under your makeup. It is a moisturizer as well, but I think it's primary function is to act underneath foundation. This is a good option for combination to oily skin, as it will fill in pores and make them appear to be smaller (thanks to the filling action of this moisturizer). It worked well for my semi-oily skin, and I found it helped my foundation go on smoother. $39 CDN for this 50 mL jar. Only at Sephora.