CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 36-43
CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.4

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

WHOA. I did not expect to fall in love with any product that says mattifying moisturizer on the label. That usually means it's for oily skin types, and I am as dry as possible during the winter! This stuff is great, though! It really does moisturize and have this cool blurring effect that I love as a canvas before applying foundation. I've only been using it about a week, so we'll see how it goes through other seasons, etc. I only use it in the morning, as I don't need the mattifying or blurring effects at night. My morning routine goes like this:

1. Wash face, sometimes, if I'm not feeling lazy, with Philosophy Purity cleanser
2. Toner, Kiehl's Calendula (this is often step 1, because I seldom wash my face in the am)
3. Serum, The Ordinary Buffet or Hylamide SubQ
4. Vitamin C, Hylamide C25
5. Sunscreen, Shiseido in the blue bottle
6. Clinique Hydroblur
7. Sometimes I add a touch of Tatcha Silk Canvas in a few areas, sometimes I don't.

After that, I put on my makeup. I've never had an issue with pilling, I think it may be because I use chemical sunscreen. (Physical sunscreen tends to cause pilling with many of my products, so I finally had to go for convenience and cosmetic elegance.) My skin looks so smooth after I apply the Hydroblur. This is what I wanted Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base to be, but that one was an overpriced underperformer for me. I'm honestly still amazed at how hydrating the Hydroblur is! It has some good ingredients as well, such as shea butter and mango seed butter, along with hyaluronic acid, ceramides and squalane. I got this on sale, but even at $29.50 for 50ml, it's a steal, and I hope this one holds up once warmer weather comes! I started using it in December, so we'll see.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Not sure why this is marketed as a moisturizer - it’s really more of a primer. It’s too thick and takes a long time to absorb. I noticed slight blurring, but not enough to blow my mind. My dry skin needs something more nourishing without any added silicones.

on 8/20/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I hate the consistency of this. As others have written, it is like a type of primer in its consistency...it reminds me of a dried up gel-cream. It is ok moisturizing my combo-oily skin, but i don't see any pore blurring or priming effects. I had a travel size and I wouldn't purchase the regular size.

on 7/19/2017 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This really isn't a moisturiser. I use it as a primer, and for this purpose it's fine. It's like a light version of the Clarins Lisse Minute / Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, but you get more product for less money. Very siliconey!

on 3/13/2017 3:27:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this in my Sephora bonus Pep Start Full of Pep Set. My first problem with this is the texture. It reminds me of the icing that comes in a can of cinnamon rolls. Application is very sticky and unpleasant. It feels like applying straight silicone to your face. It does not "blur imperfections" as it promises. Yes, it does moisturize. Yes, it has been kind to my sensitive skin. The problems are that it is gummy and it does not minimize pores, dry patches, or blemishes. I still have to use a concealer.

on 2/28/2017 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So not impressed with this "combo" moisturizer and primer. I have acne prone skin, which is mostly oily in the T zone and normal to my cheeks. I do tend to have larger pore to my nose are. I find for me it works okay as a moisturizer. However it did not perform well as a makeup primer for my powder and liquid foundations. It actually accentuated my pores. (ick) I ended up finishing the jar as my night time moisturizer. I will stick with separate moisturizer and primer.

on 8/22/2016 2:34:00 PM

LOVE!!! This cream has been an absolute godsend for my combo-oily skin! It is so good. This is kind of my new favorite product right now, I am obsessed with it. Definitely one of Clinique's best and a potential HG.

This new Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer has a thick-ish texture to it (reminds me of Kinerase Lotion if you've ever used that product), but when you apply it to the skin it feels completely lightweight. And it has a wonderful mattifying effect that lasts ALL DAY. Provides the perfect amount of moisture without turning my face into a greasy mess (a problem that I have with a lot of moisturizers). Just makes my skin look and feel AMAZING.

Probably the best day cream I have ever tried. I cannot recommend this product enough for those with combo-oily skin!

I will absolutely buy this again.

I just purchased this from Sephora and I have only used it once.
So far, it is fantastic! I have extremely dry skin with the winning combo of both Rosacea AND
Seborrheic Dermatitis! My skin flakes when I put on foundation....and I mean *any," foundation, and many products irritate my skin.

I put this on and it felt cooling and plumping. I put on my foundation and there were no flakes.
Not one.

I am going to try it again in a day or so and I am hoping the results are the same.

Having tried moisturizers in every price range, including ones in the Luxury category, if this continues to play well with my skin - I will declare it HG status!!!