CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 30-35
CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.0

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 7/8/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is basically like using a primer as a moisturizer, except it doesn't actually behave like a primer. It doesn't control oil or shine, or blur pores, it just made my skin feel and look dry.

I have combination skin that's oilier in hot weather and thought that it would be a great summer moisturizer. I've had a lot of luck with other Clinique products (Take the day off cleansing oil and City Block sunscreen are ride or die for me). I just don't think this is a good product. Clinique products are also always reasonably priced for their quality, but you need so much of this to cover your face, so that was also a con.

I gave it a point for being fragrance-free, but would not recommend for any skin type.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I took harper's bazaar and it had it as bestseller.So I said to give it a try.20 euros is not much but the cream was awful.My skin couldn't absorb it and it was immediately oily.I used it only once and then gave it to my mother who has very dry skin.So don't recommend it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really enjoyed this moisturizer. I felt like it gave my skin a good base for my makeup. It also seemed light to me, very non greasy. I didn't notice any pore clogging or acne at all. My skin actually had a really pretty glow. Point off for no spf, but thats it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my 6th-7th moisturizer from Clinique and this part of my review applies to every single one of them: Too. Much. Silicone. I have some worries about silicone like while it instantly makes the skin smoother, it feels like a skin make-up so to speak. Not change the skin but gives the illusion it has by making the surface get softer, like a wax. There isn't enough research on silicones so I can't say it does for sure but based on how my skin responds to silicone-rich moisturizers, I feel like they dry the skin in the longterm. I can still ignore the silicone if it's not listed high on the ingredients list but in every Clinique moisturizer it's high on the list, sometimes more than one silicone like this moisturizer.

The texture of this moisturizer is quite thick but that didn't bother me. No irritation. I think it would make a good primer before make-up indeed. I have combination skin with cheeks area that is a little on the dry side and t-zone that is a little on the oily side. I would say this moisturizer is for normal skin. It didn't do the best job on my cheeks but also didn't get my t-zone oilier than it is.

P.S. If you're wondering why I still shop at Clinique although I'm not satisfied with any of their moisturizers, it's really just because they make some good promotions. This should be a model to other brands.

P.P.S. I know I already talked about silicones but I genuinely don't understand why Clinique has many different moisturizers and STILL not make one that doesn't have silicone. That one I would actually purchase without needing a promotion. Other ingredients are really good in Clinique's moisturizers, just leave out silicones in a moisturizer for once for those of us who don't like them?

on 5/22/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This reminds me of what might happen if you mixed a moisturizer with Benefit Porefessional. It's like a hybrid moisturizer and primer, and it's got that silky, silicone feel. Probably not moisturizing enough for those with dry skin for most of the year (it's probably fine in a balmy summer climate), but used on top of a light moisturizer it makes an okay canvas and eliminates the need for a primer, at least for me. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's good enough that I would use up and would use GWP, samples, etc., but would not go out and purchase on its own.

on 3/7/2017 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Strange product. Not very moisturing at all but it serves a different purpose for me. I use this when I'm heading to the gym or if I'm running out quickly and just want my skin to look a bit better and stay mattified (but not crazy fake matte). This is absolutely amazing if you're not wearing makeup but also don't like a bare face. I put this on before my sunscreen (I don't leave the house without it on) and my skin actually looks great even after sweating at the gym. I have a super shiny, oily t zone and am really impressed at how this held up. I also have combo dry cheeks and there was no issue with dryness. Definitely recommend this. I honestly haven't tried it with real foundation. It's fine with powder and concealer but it really works well alone making you look like your natural skin is just that much better. Would repurchase.

on 2/16/2017 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is essentially a primer for under your makeup. It is a moisturizer as well, but I think it's primary function is to act underneath foundation. This is a good option for combination to oily skin, as it will fill in pores and make them appear to be smaller (thanks to the filling action of this moisturizer). It worked well for my semi-oily skin, and I found it helped my foundation go on smoother. $39 CDN for this 50 mL jar. Only at Sephora.

on 1/16/2017 8:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love the way this feels on my skin. It glides right on and my skin feels soft and even. However i found that if i wear even the thinnest layer under makeup that it balls up and gets patchy. I had the same exact issue with the pep start eye cream as well! It is perfect for me to use at night and on no makeup days at home. I know other people loved it i just wish i could wear it under my makeup.. then itd be hg status for me!