CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It seems like skincare products with makeup usage in mind (or is it the other way?) are kind of a trend nowadays: the new It Cosmetics compact foundation/serum hybrid, moisturizers with a barely-there tint, illuminating face mists, and a slew of face moisturizer/primer multitaskers, such as this product.

This is a moisturizer that promises all-day hydration while controlling oil and also priming the face. I think the primer portion is comparable to Benefit's Porefessional: it visibly blurs pores and provides a silky smooth canvas for makeup to glide on top of. Unfortunately I did experience my foundation breaking up throughout the day, which never happens with my other primers. Also, although it controlled oil decently, it wasn't very moisturizing, at least not enough for me to use as a standalone moisturizer, so I think it's definitely better for oily-skinned people.

All in all, this is kind of a "meh" product. I still think using a separate moisturizer and primer is optimal. I always appreciate Clinique's very reasonable price point, though.

Literally nothing special. So many drugstore moisturizers that are so much better. This is like a knock off version of Cerave but for more money. My skin didn't look great using this. Got little bumps. Love the eye cream though!

on 11/29/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A "dermatologist tested brand safe for acne" my ass. This contains "Myristyl Myristate" which is a level 5 comedogenic ingredient which can . and WILL clog pores badly! Luckily I didn't get huge zits from using this only once, but my face did get more red than a tomato. So disappointed, research your ingredients. Really Clinique?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

AMAAAAAZING. Absolute holy grail!!! I tried la mer's version of this but this won hands down!!!! Gorgeous texture and actually keeps me matte all day. It still gives amazing hydration! HG!!!