TonyMoly Cat's Wink Clear Pact

TonyMoly Cat's Wink Clear Pact

on 1/31/2018 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this when the Tonymoly store first opened in my area. Everything was so cute and reasonably priced! I loved the cute packaging and it turns out to be a great setting powder. It's on par with Shiseido without the premium pricing in terms of performance. I dust it on after my Tonymoly BB cream (and you need to use a very light hand though it doesn't get caky) it does have great oil control so you might dry out your face if you over powder if you only have small amount of oil breakthrough but the TM BB cream has decent oil control so I don't really need too much of the Cat's Wink pact.

It's totally underrated as a compact powder and TM does have some great BB creams and eyeliners but people think the cute packaging equals tween branding or lousy product. Don't be so quick to judge. TM is fun and has good makeup. Your face doesn't care as long as it does what it should and makeup should be fun and reachable for all masses. It does have a faint floral scent but it doesn't bother me and I do have a sensitive nose.

I use this as a finishing powder. it smells nice, has great staying power, and light coverage.

on 12/7/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a GREAT blotting powder and the packaging is super cute! It's what sucked me in at first. ;) So glad I bought it though! I use this mid-day after blotting with a blotting sheet. I use it over Holika Holika Clearing BB cream and it seriously keeps my super oily skin matte for hours. I apply it with the puff that comes in the compact. I believe it comes in 2 shades, I use the lightest one on my fair skin. It has some pigment but I feel like it's more like a translucent powder. I liked it so much I bought a second one for another makeup bag. I found it on eBay for about $7. Highly recommend!

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I bought this for the absolutely adorable packaging, not gonna lie, but it is an amazing face powder as well. It's not quite enough coverage for me to use it as a foundation, but it works well with my combination skin. It's not too drying, but still keeps the shine away and doesn't break me out. It feels light, too. I love it so much that I've bought more of them to give as gifts, which I very rarely do with this kind of product. I found mine at Ulta, in case you want to check them out at a brick and mortar store before buying.

I absolutely LOVE this powder so much. I don't consider it a foundation since it's so light. I think the packaging is super cute and easy to use. I am combo with a pretty oily t-zone so anything to mattify my face is a win! I came across this while researching asian skincare products. I heard the Innisfree no sebum was a better powder but I actually like this more!

I use the white and pink wet 'n wild contour brush to apply it across my t-zone. This powder keeps me matte ALL DAY. It's really incredible and I have no idea how. I have never experienced this in my life. It's not chalky, doesn't look cakey or thick. Doesn't have a gross smell, goes on light and super easy to apply since it's a pressed powder and not loose.

I put it under my foundation/bronzer and I will do a second coat on top (since it's pretty much translucent) just to make sure I stay extra matte.

The price is also great too, I got it on amazon for around $6.50 with free shippinh.

on 8/2/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This pact is pale enough for me to use as foundation and keeps me matte all day. I don't know how they do it. I've never had a foundation last this long and not break me out after a full day of wear. This product makes me interested to see what other kinds of products Tony Moly has, since I am new to Korean and Japanese beauty products and haven't tried enough yet.