TonyMoly Cat's Wink Clear Pact

TonyMoly Cat's Wink Clear Pact

4.7

on 6/1/2018 11:58:00 AM

I'm not going to lie - it's the packaging that made me impulse buy this powder. It's one of the cutest powder pact designs I've ever seen. The little paw print things are a cellophane sticker than comes off but the cat face and ears are plastic and are part of the compact itself. There's a mirror inside of it too. 5 points for the packaging is well earned, no doubt.

Price-wise, like most Tonymoly products it is inexpensive and affordable even for schoolgirls and students. I got this in the lighter shade of the two and it's a very fair peachy pink colour, it gives a brightening effect when wearing. It isn't like a traditional pressed powder used to set make-up - it's more like an Asian powder foundation crossed with a pressed powder. So it is much more "chalky" and densely pigmented than a setting powder - the first time I used this, I made the mistake of loading the puff up with powder to set my oily areas and getting a far greater opaque swipe of colour than I'd anticipated. So, there is a danger of this appearing cakey and chalky if you're not careful. Wear time is reasonable, but I needed to blot as often as usual and this product isn't great when using to retouch areas - it tends to go on too thickly, and over foundation that might have moved around during the day, or smudged by blotting papers - it sticks to those areas like crazy and highlights the unequal texture and coverage of the underlying base makeup.

As my skin does get very oily on my t-zone, I frequently need to retouch these areas during the day. Unfortunately this product looks terrible on me when I try to reapply it - whether over oily areas or just all over. I just look like I face-planted into some peachy chalk, no matter how lightly or carefully I try to apply it. I really wanted to like this because the outside of it is just THAT cute, but I couldn't find a way to make this work for me and my skin type.

on 1/31/2018 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this when the Tonymoly store first opened in my area. Everything was so cute and reasonably priced! I loved the cute packaging and it turns out to be a great setting powder. It's on par with Shiseido without the premium pricing in terms of performance. I dust it on after my Tonymoly BB cream (and you need to use a very light hand though it doesn't get caky) it does have great oil control so you might dry out your face if you over powder if you only have small amount of oil breakthrough but the TM BB cream has decent oil control so I don't really need too much of the Cat's Wink pact.

It's totally underrated as a compact powder and TM does have some great BB creams and eyeliners but people think the cute packaging equals tween branding or lousy product. Don't be so quick to judge. TM is fun and has good makeup. Your face doesn't care as long as it does what it should and makeup should be fun and reachable for all masses. It does have a faint floral scent but it doesn't bother me and I do have a sensitive nose.

I use this as a finishing powder. it smells nice, has great staying power, and light coverage.

on 12/7/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a GREAT blotting powder and the packaging is super cute! It's what sucked me in at first. ;) So glad I bought it though! I use this mid-day after blotting with a blotting sheet. I use it over Holika Holika Clearing BB cream and it seriously keeps my super oily skin matte for hours. I apply it with the puff that comes in the compact. I believe it comes in 2 shades, I use the lightest one on my fair skin. It has some pigment but I feel like it's more like a translucent powder. I liked it so much I bought a second one for another makeup bag. I found it on eBay for about $7. Highly recommend!

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I bought this for the absolutely adorable packaging, not gonna lie, but it is an amazing face powder as well. It's not quite enough coverage for me to use it as a foundation, but it works well with my combination skin. It's not too drying, but still keeps the shine away and doesn't break me out. It feels light, too. I love it so much that I've bought more of them to give as gifts, which I very rarely do with this kind of product. I found mine at Ulta, in case you want to check them out at a brick and mortar store before buying.

I absolutely LOVE this powder so much. I don't consider it a foundation since it's so light. I think the packaging is super cute and easy to use. I am combo with a pretty oily t-zone so anything to mattify my face is a win! I came across this while researching asian skincare products. I heard the Innisfree no sebum was a better powder but I actually like this more!

I use the white and pink wet 'n wild contour brush to apply it across my t-zone. This powder keeps me matte ALL DAY. It's really incredible and I have no idea how. I have never experienced this in my life. It's not chalky, doesn't look cakey or thick. Doesn't have a gross smell, goes on light and super easy to apply since it's a pressed powder and not loose.

I put it under my foundation/bronzer and I will do a second coat on top (since it's pretty much translucent) just to make sure I stay extra matte.

The price is also great too, I got it on amazon for around $6.50 with free shippinh.

on 8/2/2016 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This pact is pale enough for me to use as foundation and keeps me matte all day. I don't know how they do it. I've never had a foundation last this long and not break me out after a full day of wear. This product makes me interested to see what other kinds of products Tony Moly has, since I am new to Korean and Japanese beauty products and haven't tried enough yet.