Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion

Dr. Brandt PoreDermabrasion

4.3

on 2/22/2018 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a combination of a physical and chemical exfoliation. Wanted to try something a tad less pricey than my beloved Exfoliakate. (it's about 20 bucks cheaper for 2 oz.) Is it a dupe, no. However it is a very nice exfoliant. Word of caution, due to the physical exfoliant of the aluminum oxide crystals GENTLY massage. Don't rub it with force or you will end up with irritated skin. I found it did not break me out. I have been dealing with dry skin this winter season, and this has helped with addressing flaky zones on my face. The chemical exfoliant is Salicyclic acid, which works great toe unblock pores. I feel my pores are less congested with use of the scrub. I only have been using this weekly, but can be done twice a week. Leaves skin feeling smoother. Applied to damp skin. Gentle massage for about 1 minute. Let it "rest" for another minute. Rinse off. If I'm unable to get my Exfoliakate, this will do in a pinch.

on 12/20/2017 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this! I received it in a subscription box of some kind and I absolutely love how fine the granules are. My skin feels so smooth and clean after using. I don't detect much of a scent at all, and I don't find this irritating or drying in any way. Reminds me a lot of a scrub I tried years ago from Avon (Anew Microdermabrasion?) in terms of texture and effectiveness. The only reason I won't be purchasing is that as far as I know, the brand is not cruelty-free. Such a shame!

on 6/15/2017 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I never thought of my skin as rough. I've been using St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Acne- and Breakout-prone skin for years. But since I've had some recent hyperpigmentation, and reading that coarse scrubs can actually make that worse, I decided to give up my old scrub in favor of a gentler scrub. I spent two months without any scrub while researching different microdermabrasion scrubs. During that time I only used a chemical exfoliator, Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle Peel Pads, which is great for getting rid of flaking skin, but I did notice a difference in the texture of my skin. I still wouldn’t call it rough, but it wasn’t as smooth as it was in my 20s, so I just figured this was aging that I had to accept. When a VIB promo code came around I decided to try this exfoliator (because it’s cheaper than Dr. Brandt’s regular exfoliator and focuses on pores and blackheads, which is one of my newer concerns in my 30s). The texture is very fine, it doesn’t feel scratchy on the skin at all, but because of that it could be easy to overdo so I follow the instructions carefully. I squeeze out a pea-sized amount and gently massage in circular motions for 1-2 minutes then let it sit for another 1-2 minutes to let the chemical exfoliators do their job. I rinse and then I follow with my regular cleanser (Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, the orange one) and my Clarisonic. I only use this exfoliator once a week.

My skin felt immediately smooth and soft. Two days after my first use, I put Biore pore strips on my nose and chin and got out some really stubborn blackheads. I think this exfoliator whisks away the stubborn dead skin so well that pore strips can grip blackheads better. With continued use, my skin stays incredibly smooth between exfoliating. I still use my PTR Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel morning (with the Clarisonic) and night, PTR Un-wrinkle Peel Pads every other night, and Biore strips about once every 7-10 days usually two days after using this scrub. It’s been over two months now and my skin is clearer with less discoloration than before. I have no complaints about the product's performance, but it is a little pricey. Still, I will continue to buy it.

on 8/2/2016 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a bad scrub, but it reminds me of St. Ives Timeless Skin Daily Microdermabrasion, unfortunately discontinued, and that cost less that fifth of what this one costs, so it becomes a huge turn off how overpriced it is. Saying that, it is a fine scrub and is pretty good at cleaning my face, but unlike the St. Ives this one does make my skin feel a little dry; when it comes to retexturing of my skin, didn’t notices nothing major, it does feel smoother but I believe is because I scrubbed my all my dead skin and dirt off.
About the smell, well it has a minty scent that made me think I was washing my face with toothpaste.
For me this isn’t a bad product, but there are better scrubs, high-end & Drugstore, so it won’t be part of my skincare.