Maybelline New York Master Strobing Stick Illuminating Highlighter - Medium/Nude Glow

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

INTRO:
I purchased the Maybelline Master Strobing Stick in 200 Medium Nude Glow and the packaging for a drugstore product was amazing. However, it was quite pricey, 14.99$ at Shoppers Drug Mart, whilst the Essence Pure Nude HIghlighter is only 5.49$.

PROS:
~the PACKAGING is really convenient and cute!
~the CONSISTENCY of the stick is very creamy!
~it’s very PIGMENTED!

CONS:
~it is quite PRICEY for a drugstore product.
~it doesn’t LAST... for more than two hours.. and it fades if quite quickly...
~looking at it closely, there are pieces of GLITTER, albeit small, doesn’t look good..
~it looks like a shimmery BRONZER on me, so be at least a medium-tan skin tone rather than a light-medium..
~it looks like NOTHING really on my face. If I apply too much, it looks like a glitter bomb, but if I don’t apply that much, it looks like a bronzer with little pieces of glitter.

CONCLUSION:
I don’t recommend buying this. I prefer Marc Jacobs Dew Drops, which is actually dewy and gives off a glow. The Asian variant is better, albeit a much more subtle sheen. Purchase the variant in Asia, and try that instead. If you are in North America, don’t bother wasting your money. Try the Essence Pure Nude Highlighter instead.

~rxvyy

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product totally works for me!

I've been wearing this highlighter for a couple of months. I love that it gives me a healthy glow, in fact I got compliments and even questions about it. It has a smooth and creamy texture with great payoff on the skin. It's not sticky at all and it doesn't have any scent. It's best applied with your fingers as mentioned on the packaging. I don't wear foundation, only my facial oil and sunscreen but the pigments stay for hours. It's quite affordable and the amount of product it has could last you for months! Defo my everyday and go-to highlighter.

on 11/15/2017 7:59:00 PM

I love this little stick. It’s the highlighter I use most from among Becca powder and liquids, a Glossier highlighter stick and a MAC cream. It’s so easy to grab and swipe on. With bronzer, it’s a glowing natural looking face. NC35 ish normal skin.

on 5/5/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I honestly feel bad for y'all living outside of Asia and didn't get the Asian variant of this product (which comes with 10 GRAMS of product by the way) and hating your stick lol. If you live in Asia, go to you nearest Maybelline counter, go to your Guardian, your Watson and grab one! Here in Asia, this product bears the same name, but the shade names are simply "Nude" and "Pink". From the swatches I saw online, the colours seem to be different too. I only have the Nude one, but my stick definitely doesn't come out as yellow and bronzy as what I saw online. And it seems to be lighter to the Pink shade available here and lighter than the Western variant of it as well. Mine hardly shows any colour at all, just a very strong, even sheen, out makes my skin look glossy honestly, without emphasising my pores and other skin textures at all, which is what I truly value most in a highlight. And I'm above NC15 light skinned, but with more yellow and olive undertones. I think it will even work on darker skin tones, since all it adds is the sheen /gloss, and it doesn't have enough colour to itself to become ashy or anything. So you see, the Asian version really isn't anything like the Western version, save for same name. The shimmer in this stick is so so fine, they don't feel gritty, once applied to the skin, the formula immediately transforms from cream to powder and it dries on the spot, so I suggest you work fast. I have never had it becomes patchy on me, even though now that think of it, I have ALWAYS just blend it out messily with my fingers after swiping the stick straight on my skin, which is incredible. The product is super long lasting too, the glorious sheen stays with me ALL day, unless I wipe it off on my pillow case when I sleep, and even then some of it still remains. At the end of the day, it's still unmistakably there, at full force, not blotches off or broken down in a glittery mess on my badly scarred from acne skin. I use it on an every day basis ever since I bought it, I put this on right after sunscreen, on my cheekbones, tip and bridge of my nose, cupid's bow and on the contour of my forehead (if you watch Jackie Aina you know where), a bit of brow mascara and nude lip then I'm out the door. No foundation or any coverage from any other base product, no powder, no touch up, that's how much trust I have in this product to not worsen the appearance of my skin throughout the day.
The only reason I don't get the Pink stick is because I know for a fact that pink highlighter does not work well with my yellow olive undertone. Otherwise, I wholeheartedly recommend this product, as if the ranking want clear enough, especially if the shades available to you work with your skin tones. Just be aware of the variations of this products (the shades, shade names and weighs as I mentioned above), if you're into it enough, just look for it on eBay or Amazon. I wish they come out with more colours, but knowing Maybelline especially Maybelline Asia... I'm just gonna enjoy what I have for now.

on 3/11/2017 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am the odd one out because I really love this product. My favorite is the Josie Maran highlighting stick called the illuminating wand but it is $40 cad and I wanted a cheaper alternative. I dont use powder highlighters and prefer the convenience and finish of the stick. I have medium NC 35 skin and this leaves a soft warm golden glow. I apply this between my eyebrows, the bridge of my nose, my cupid's bow, below the lips and on my cheekbones, and blend with my fingers. I like this shade because I like the natural and subtle dewy look. I have always preferred warm toned highlighters compared to cool toned. But if you are looking for a more prominent highlighter, then try the lighter shade. I like the formula because it glides on easily and blends to a sheer finish. I have also tried the Joe Fresh stick highlighter but that one is too thick. I much prefer this but my only complaint is the price. This costs $15 for very little product. I would repurchase though

on 2/24/2017 11:19:00 AM

I have light skin, but bought the medium one, since I wanted a more golden glow. I really like the product, and I find it easy to apply. It looks quite natural once blended out.
I am not sure I would buy again, since I prefer powdered highlighters, but this is a great for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have fair-medium skin and this product barely shows up. If I keep applying it and applying it, it STILL doesn't show up. It is hard to see on the skin and it also fades away very fast. Do not recommend. On the other hand, the one in this same series called "iridescent" shows up on the skin and is a big improvement. Get the iridescent one, NOT this one.

on 8/14/2016 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this little highlighter stick. The packaging isn't anything special, but the stick form makes application pretty easy.

I've got oily skin and hot weather to deal with. I like to set this with powder to make sure it stays on, and I get at least four hours of wear if I'm outside a lot. This product is super easy to blend. I like to apply it with a light hand and build up as I desire. However, I wear a very light foundation or a BB cream, so I'm not sure how well this would work with a full coverage foundation.

on 8/2/2016 2:38:00 PM

This highlighter was a disappointment for me. It doesn't show up at all! And it has no lasting power whatsoever.

The shade Medium/Nude glow is a warm shade and contains a very subtle glitter. It's not a full-on glittery highlighter, but it's definitely there.

And you don't get a lot of product either.

But it just didn't look like anything on me! If you're looking for something that is extremely subtle, this might be for you.

It didn't work out for me and I don't plan to buy it again.