Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil
Hydrating Cleansing Oil

Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the interest of fairness, as I haven't used this since March when the weather was much colder, I just went into the bathroom (yes, I have this in my bathroom) to wash my face so I could tell you, accurately and correctly, how lovely this cleansing oil is.

Verdict: Not overly oily, slightly floral scent, didn't need a lot of product, removed most cosmetics and sunscreen, rinsed cleanly, did a double cleanse with the foaming face wash of the same brand, nothing left behind on the shock-me-white hand towel used to dry face, no redness or undue tightness, no stinging or burning, I'm not itchy, my skin feels clean but I may need a dab of moisturizer, which is usual fare for me.

See? I told you so.This is a lovely little cleansing oil. It doesn't cost much, you can find it anywhere, and it lasts forever plus ten days. So there you go.

Seriously, I know people spend on more expensive products but I don't know why they bother. Cleansers are just washed down the drain so all the "extras" that can be added to them hardly matter. They can, however, irritate and upset your skin, or even interfere with other products..If you like the idea of double-cleansing - and/or use medication, treatments, elixirs, serums, masks, acids or retinoids - this might be a good choice for you as there aren't a lot of "extras" to interfere with their effectiveness or cause interactions.

Does it play piano, do your shopping and make dinner for two? No, it's a cleansing oil. But using this (or something like it) can save you money for the spendier lovelies that actually stay on your face.

on 9/19/2018 9:40:00 PM

I was hoping to like this, but I did not. This oil cleanser did not move across my face freely, so I had to use a little more rubbing to apply & rinse. No, I do not agree with others that this rinsed cleanly. This cleanser did not irritate my skin nor eyes, but too much rubbing would eventually irritate me. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a great product for a first cleanse and gets most of your makeup off ready to cleanse the skin with your second cleanser. It even removes tough waterproof mascara like Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof, my only issue is the smell as I really think it makes my flannels smell weird when it’s dried.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love this! I've been double cleansing with this and a foaming cleanser (simple or the beauty 360 dupe) with lovely results. I do use it on my eyes/mascara and it makes my eyes blurry until I flush them out with water. I prefer loosening my mascara this way so I don't mind the blurry eye thing but I'll totally update this if I go blind or whatever....Anyway, this is a really nice cleansing oil. It's inexpensive and has a simple and short ingredient list. I've been doing a modified to suit my particular needs and budget Korean type skincare routine and my skin (combo or probably oily, issue free and really "good" to begin with) looks better and better each day, which this has played a small part in.

on 8/16/2018 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this oil! I squirt a generous amount into my hand and then rub all over my dry face, and I can see and feel the makeup coming "loose". My face looks like a mess afterwards, so I use a wet wash cloth to wipe everything away and then I was my face like usual. If I was really being lazy I could stop after the wash cloth as this oil gets everything off. I have a tendancy to rub it too much into my eyes which causes them to go quite blurry, but that goes away by the time I am drying my face. Good price and takes a while to use up. Only issue is the packaging. Every time I take this away with me when I travel, I have to pop it in a plastic bag before putting it in my bath bag as it leaks pretty badly.

Have repurchased many a time! And would definitely recommend!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First ever cleansing oil for me, so I don’t have anything to compare it to. Does the job, I wouldn’t say it gets rid of 100% of the makeup on my face (also depends on how much I have on that day), but it does remove the majority of it. I follow up with a face wash and toner anyway so it’s not a major problem. The bottle recommends using 3-4(?) drops of it, I don’t know what size drops they mean but that is far from enough. A good teaspoon size amount seems to do the trick for me. I’ve had it for 3 weeks now and use it most nights and I still have around 85% of the bottle left. I like how light and gentle it is, doesn’t feel disgustingly greasy like I expected it to be-especially on my oily t-zone, but rather hydrating and nourishing. Has that unscented type of scent (you know which one). Great price. (€9.99 from Boots Ireland) I can always depend on Simple’s products not to irritate my ridiculously sensitive skin.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is a great, affordable cleansing oil option that's easily available in Australia for those unable or unwilling to order in Asian cleansing oils. It uses plain, innocuous grapeseed oil and includes retinyl palmitate and vitamin E. Not that the latter 2 vitamins will really be of benefit in a makeup remover, but I won't complain about their existence. It has a thicker consistency, which I prefer, as it's less prone to running down my arms and neck than thinner cleansing oils and it removes my very thick Moo Goo zinc based spf and my full face of make up with ease and minimal tugging. It also DOES NOT sting my eyes, which a lot of cleansing oils tend to do.
The packaging has room for improvement. While I appreciate that it comes in just 125ml, once you fall in love with this cleansing oil you'll want it to come in a bigger bottle. Also, on a recent overnight trip this leaked in my bag so despite the travel friendly size, this can potentially be a disaster to travel with. Proceed with caution.

on 3/21/2018 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this product for a couple of weeks now and it is an excellent drugstore cleansing oil. I have previously used the Shu Uemura cleansing oil, MAC and Elemis. I stopped using the Shu Uemura cleansing oil as it contained mineral oil. The Simple cleansing oil is great for my skin type which is normal-dry and can be occasionally sensitive. This doesn't leave a residue and is great at removing excess makeup (I remove the majority with micellar water and use this afterwards).
I highly recommend as it has caused no breakouts and is very effective at removing makeup.

on 1/15/2018 10:34:00 AM

Quite disappointed by this oil. In comparison to a lovely Biore one I bought from Japan, this one doesn't have the same feel. The oil is quite thick, has a bit of a strange smell and feels like I'm rubbing cooking oil on my face. Not a fan. It also fails to remove makeup properly. I once got it in my eye and it felt irritated for a few hours. I won't get it again. It also leaked when I took it out in a bag, so I wouldn't trust it as a travel oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This for me was a real 'meh' product. It claims to 'dissolve make-up' but I couldn't use this on its own to remove mine as it really didn't work at all. This was especially true for eye make up of any kind - mascara, eye shadow and brow pencil - it just smudged everything around or skipped over the top of it entirely, leaving me with bad panda eyes and a need to use an additional makeup remover afterwards.

On the plus side it was easy to use, didn't have any discernible scent (which I would expect from a Simple product), left my skin feeling nice and soft and it didn't make my skin react. And even though it's an oil, the formula wasn't greasy and didn't leave any kind of residue on my skin after use.

I wish I could say this is a definite repurchase item for me - particularly as the Simple product range doesn't usually let me down - but this time it's not one I'll be returning to. It just wasn't effective enough and for the same price (or a few extra £s) you can get ones that work more effectively.