Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil

Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil
Hydrating Cleansing Oil

3.9

Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 3/21/2018 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this product for a couple of weeks now and it is an excellent drugstore cleansing oil. I have previously used the Shu Uemura cleansing oil, MAC and Elemis. I stopped using the Shu Uemura cleansing oil as it contained mineral oil. The Simple cleansing oil is great for my skin type which is normal-dry and can be occasionally sensitive. This doesn't leave a residue and is great at removing excess makeup (I remove the majority with micellar water and use this afterwards).
I highly recommend as it has caused no breakouts and is very effective at removing makeup.

on 1/15/2018 10:34:00 AM

Quite disappointed by this oil. In comparison to a lovely Biore one I bought from Japan, this one doesn't have the same feel. The oil is quite thick, has a bit of a strange smell and feels like I'm rubbing cooking oil on my face. Not a fan. It also fails to remove makeup properly. I once got it in my eye and it felt irritated for a few hours. I won't get it again. It also leaked when I took it out in a bag, so I wouldn't trust it as a travel oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This for me was a real 'meh' product. It claims to 'dissolve make-up' but I couldn't use this on its own to remove mine as it really didn't work at all. This was especially true for eye make up of any kind - mascara, eye shadow and brow pencil - it just smudged everything around or skipped over the top of it entirely, leaving me with bad panda eyes and a need to use an additional makeup remover afterwards.

On the plus side it was easy to use, didn't have any discernible scent (which I would expect from a Simple product), left my skin feeling nice and soft and it didn't make my skin react. And even though it's an oil, the formula wasn't greasy and didn't leave any kind of residue on my skin after use.

I wish I could say this is a definite repurchase item for me - particularly as the Simple product range doesn't usually let me down - but this time it's not one I'll be returning to. It just wasn't effective enough and for the same price (or a few extra £s) you can get ones that work more effectively.

on 12/30/2017 1:11:00 AM

My new favourite cleansing oil. Lighter than the Lipidol cleansing oil and doesn't have the bad smell that Lipidol does. Rinses better than sweet almond oil which I used to use. Gets all my makeup etc off in a jiff. So far I'm impressed!

on 11/20/2017 9:13:00 PM

HG cleanser! Literally made my face feel like a cloud! Removed all my makeup. Great for sensitive skin! Make sure you apply to dry hands and dry face before rinsing with water.

on 8/25/2017 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

It gets the job done the third time around and hydrates well. Good cheap alternative to high end cleansing oils. Does not irritate my skin nor cause breakouts. I'd buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pretty decent cleansing oil, which I only use to remove my makeup (one of many in my rotation). In all honesty I bought this for travel because it comes in such a small size and a locking cap is a bonus. I didn't have high expectations for this so I was happy when it didn't disappoint me. I found it worked well as a first step makeup remover which I then followed up with my cleanser as I usually do. It was gentle but effective, price was right, no discernible scent, a good option if you are looking to try an oil cleanser. So much better than the Burt's Bees one in my opinion. I couldn't wait to finish that one up! Simple isn't my favorite but I would still recommend it.

on 5/20/2017 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I use it a few times a week, I think it does a good job of removing makeup, it doesn't dry out my skin, it is lightweight which I enjoy, it doesn't smell like anything which is fine by me,,my skin felt a little tight after using it, but not in a bad way..I just think that very dry or sensitive skins might feel it is a tiny bit irritating...i like it, but I don't love it...but as far as removing makeup, it does a good job,..now it isn't the best on the market, it is a good value for the money, but I feel I prefer a more hydrating cleanse, and it is on the end just ok..

on 5/5/2017 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This oil is not bad for drugstore, it does remove makeup well, it emulsifies nicely and rinses off clean. It has caused no breakouts for me, my skin seems to like grapeseed oil. My issue with this is the value. It is 4.2 oz for about $13, it says you need 2-3 drops to clean your entire face but that's not true unless it's an ant's face. You need at least a quarter sized amount which means you will go through this very fast. I will stick to my HG oil cleanser which is about 25 for 6.7oz but you only need a little bit. I probably won't repurchase when I finish this bottle.

on 4/23/2017 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

While Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil is one of the best oil cleansers I have tried, I'm not convinced I have found my Holy Grail with this product. I love that the oil is fragrance-free, with a limited number of ingredients. It is completely non-irritating to my face, and handily removes tenacious sunscreen. It is gently emollient without making me oily, and contains actual botanical oil rather than oily-feeling petrochemical by-products. It emulsifies nicely, and wipes off cleanly with a damp face cloth. It is a superlative first cleanse in my dual cleanse routine, and is readily available in the shops.

The things I'm not so crazy about: first, the instructions state to use a "2-3 drops". Due to the thickness of this product, there is no way on earth that 2-3 drops will cover my face and neck. I need something more on the order of a half teaspoon, otherwise the pulling and friction to my skin will cause irritation. The bottle is only 4.2 fluid ounces, so using more per cleanse means I run through a bottle very quickly. Despite that this oil cleanser is available in drugstores, the price is on the high side for drugstore products, and my usage rate means that the cost to me is more on par with department store prices. The second thing I don't like is the flip-top packaging--there is no way to meter the amount that comes out, so I sometimes end up using more than I need. I ended up transferring it to a pump bottle--this works, but is a pain.

Bottom line, I will probably repurchase, but am still looking for "The One".