Living Proof Timeless

No Image

4.8

on 2/5/2018 11:24:00 AM

Very expensive but I can get by with only washing my hair once a week! At 54, this is my go-to shampoo for my long, highlighted, fine, thinning hair.

on 12/7/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Why can't I give this a 10? The other shampoos I have reviewed and loved, move over. This is the best thing since being 20 again. My hair is soft and bouncy and yes it does help the breakage. I highlight heavily, blow dry and straight iron my really naturally dark brown long hair. I can tell you honestly it is a terrific product. One of the reviewers here taught me how to properly use it. Small amounts and rinse thoroughly. I think this shampoo, conditioner and the pre wash are worth every penny. I did my best to take a picture of my hair myself for you. I hope you have the same experience.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Love-hate relationship.

I was a huge fan of LivingProof PhD, this was the only hairline I used exclusively for two years. But then, something bad happend. My hair started to look dull, "dusty", straw-like. Trying to blow dry my hair caused tears - the hair was like coated with gum or other gummy material.
I though my hair need more nutrients, so I switched to Timeless line. Horror! Situation became even worse. I tried to save the case and bought timeless pre-shampoo treatment, PhD overnight hair perfector, etc. but nothing helped, nothing. My hair gradually started to look fried, damaged, awful. and firizzy like hell!

I got a sample of Kevin Murphy wash and rinse, used it once and was shocked - my har looke like 1000000 time better, shinier, healtier! But.... I needed to edit my review, because ...
I was happy for about two weeks with my kevin.m (even bought anti-frizz lotion) till the moment the dry summer ended and the wet and humid phase began. First time in about two years I got to my office looking like a poodle :( It was so bad I was considering a day off, so nobady could see me. And my colleagues commented how lovely my curls are :/

As the frizzines is somehing I hate hate hate and LivingProof works great in that area I tried the Timeless line again.
I read some reviews on ulta oline shop page stating, that this line could initially made hair look like hay, but this is the transition period and you need to use a tiny amount of products to avoid that.
So I cut the amount of pre-shampoo treatment and conditioner and this helped. A lot. I do not see the build up and I think this was my mistake with those products - both PhD and Timeless. Initially I was using small amount of products and gradually stated overdosing tchem. As I was happy for two years, I think this is not the products fault, but rather me using too much thinking this will perform better. Nope. Too much conditioner and styling products were leaving the gummy residue.
If you use thie right amounts, nothing bad will happed I think. Try it yourseft. I think I will stick to the PhD line. I like it better.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used alot of Living proof products and have loved all of them, however this shampoo/conditioner takes the cake!. My hair has never looked better, smooth, shiny and soft without losing all its body. AND, it is true that is repels dirt!. I can wash every other day, and my color stays intact. I have blonde hair which is colored and highlighted over 100% gray. I tend to have coarse hairs by my ears, but this helped immensely!. I will definitely repurchase. The only downside is its only availiable at Ulta, which is not as convenient, but I would drive across town for this.

I don't think I've ever had a HG shampoo, but this is the closest I've come. I have bad psoriasis on my scalp. While I can't say for sure this helped reduce it, it certainly doesn't exacerbate it which is about the most I hope for. Foams nicely, uses the tiniest bit. Leaves my hair, along with the conditioner, feeling soft and smooth, no frizziness or residue. The only drawback is the price. I try to buy with coupons at ulta. For some reason Sephora doesn't carry it