Sally Hansen Airbrush Sun Gradual Tanning Lotion

No Image

3.0

1 review

on 7/31/2016 3:40:00 PM

I found this at TJ Maxx and wondered why this new product made it to TJM so quickly. After I used it, I realized why :(
I am very familiar w/self tanning and was looking for a s/t that didn't contain any bronzers (I understand that the bronzers help you to see where you've already applied, but I have a system and hate when the bronzers rub off on clothes, etc.). So this being called "gradual tanning lotion" I was thinking it would be more like the Jergens Natural Glow (which doesn't contain any bronzer, or at least none of the types I tried had -- it's been a while).
I opened the tube and of course, it contained a bronzer, but I figured I would go with it. The scent is a nice chocolatey scent (no corn chip) and I got hopeful. I didn't have gloves (mistake) and went away at rubbing everything in. Ugh, the more I rubbed, the more the tint became a streaky mess! Terrible. I had no choice but to deal w/it for a few hours and then hopped in the shower. To my surprise, I wound up with an amazing, natural color!! (I used the Medium to Tan.) The only problem I had was tan hands bec it wouldn't wash off.

So, if you happen to buy this, def wear gloves, apply when you have the time and wear old clothes bec it does stain. Oh, it's not a quick-dry either, as it's stated on the tube. The only reason why I didn't trash this is bec the result is a nice tan on my skintone. HTHs!