Quo Solid Brush Cleaner

Quo Solid Brush Cleaner

on 7/23/2017 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The easiest, most effective way to clean makeup brushes by far! This product is a solid soap-like product in a medium sized tub. I wet the brush hairs, then swirl the brush in the product which becomes wet and a little sudsy, the product start to gather in the brush hairs. I then take the brush to a 'brush cleaning mat w/ ridges' lining the sink with warm running water, swirl some more, a lather builds up and you can see the make up colours wash away in the sink, rinse and set to dry. I loooove the scent, mild, softly scented- it reminds me of a baby- if that makes sense. My brushes are soft, conditioned, pliable and fluffy after every wash.... this product does your brushes good. After cleaning my brushes I usually wipe the top of cleaner (with a tissue) of any resisdual makeup or suds and leave it to dry overnight uncovered ...in the morning cover and it's good to go til the next cleaning. Strongly recommend this product!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I owe Redwings11 (the previous reviewer) a sincere thank you because prior to reading her review, I didn't even know this product existed in the Quo line. Until purchasing it, I'd been using either Johnson's Baby Shampoo or Dr. Bronner's liquid soap (I have the peppermint one, which made my brushes smell nice and fresh). But this solid soap from Quo is so effective, so easy to use and not messy, and it leaves my brushes both pristine and "conditioned". And it has a lovely scent as well - very soft and pleasant. I only wish the container "breathed" a bit (a small ventilation hole or 2) so that the "wet" surface of the cleaner would dry out and there wouldn't be the risk of mold developing. I think I may get my husband to drill a tiny hole in the lid for just this purpose. Otherwise, a great product at a pretty good price, especially compared with other solid brush cleaners.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hands down, the quickest and most effective brush cleaner I've used so far. Real convenient too. Just wet the brush, swirl inside the container and easily lifts and removes product from makeup tools. I have a pure white (we're talking like cotton ball snow white) that is really hard to get looking like new again but this cleaner manages to remove everything! It is mildly scented and emollient enough that it doesn't strip brushes of their softness. This is quicker than using bar soap and less messy than other cleaners. I tried this out on my beauty blender but prefer to use a liquid formula on it to get all the way inside the sponge. Also, I like to microwave it in a cup of water once a week to sanitize it as well (which of course is not necessary for brushes).

Good product, convenient and effective. Highly recommend.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools