Urban Decay Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliner

Urban Decay Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliner
Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliner

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/8/2017 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this eyeliner. I stumbled upon when trying to find an alternative to nyx matte liner - which always made my lashes hard and stuck together. This UD liner allows me to get a nice precise line and if it gets on my lashes it doesnt make them crunchy. Lasts me through 12 hour shifts at work.

on 5/2/2017 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I truly like this eyeliner! I bought Space Cowboy (metallic gold) and it is just so pretty as a liner or highlight in the inner corners of the eyes, it's doesn't have any glitter/sparkles in it, just an opulent sheen! It looks phenomenal when used in a cut crease look or liner with full on eye makeup. It applies creamy and does dry fairly quickly. No smudging and stays put all day long. Unfortunately the packaging has a flaw- I had dropped mine on ceramic floor once and it cracked at the bottom causing the product to leak out,*sigh* sooo disappointed that the container is that fragile. It's pretty packaging too. Oh well it was great while it lasted...

on 1/8/2017 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have 3 of these. I like to layer a sparkly liner with something more matte. I have oily skin and so far these have been long wearing on me. I hate the brush, I am more of a felt tip liquid liner person, but I can deal. I was hoping for a more bulletproof liner like mac liquid last liner (the brush on those is the bane of my existence). I want to get a couple more colors. From what I have seen the cream colors still dry a bit shiny so if you are looking for something truly matte this isn't it. I will definitely buy more of these to have in my collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I previously reviewed the UD 24/7 liquid in Pervesion and Demolition and they wore totally different.

The UD Razor Sharp Liquid is great. No problem with different pigmentation like with the 24/7 Liquid and the wear time on both Perversion and Demolition is very longwearing. It is not waterproof but still holds up to my oily lids and the high humidity in summer. My favorite liquid liner. This is a vast improvement over the 24/7 Liquid.

on 9/27/2016 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I do a lot of vintage, pin-up looks and next to foundation, eyeliner is one of the makeup items of which I am most critical about. Black is too harsh on me and a good, dark brown is what I desire above all else and what I judge an eyeliner line on. In this case, this review will be based on the shade Demolition. I also wear contacts and have sensitive eyes, so I can't be putting anything that will make my eyes burn near my eyes.

Urban Decay Razor Sharp is not for you if that's the case. It will make your eyes water and burn if you get it in there.

So why still the four lipsticks?

It's a great formula. My eyes are deep set but almond-shaped and a lot of eyeliners (Kat Von D, for example) will transfer on my upper lid or brow bone. This stays put perfectly and does not transfer at all. For a liquid formula, I was concerned it would flake off during the day, but it has not occurred once (except removing it with Bioderma Sensibio; it only seems to flake if you try and remove it with water.)

I would definitely agree with the water-resistant claim over waterproof. I've cried while wearing this and while it will stay put if not touched, the minute it gets rubbed it starts to come off. I can appreciate when a company makes reasonable claims.

Compared to other eyeliners with similar formulas and brush style applicators, (MUFE Aqua Liners, Lancome Artliner, etc.) it actually is cheaper per oz. The UD Razor Sharp eyeliner comes in at 0.07 oz vs MUFE's 0.058 oz or Lancome's 0.04 oz. It's also cheaper per oz than Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner (0.02 oz) and also the Stila Stay All Day (0.016 oz).

It comes in a wide variety of shades which I've personally swatched and am impressed; all have the habit of being smudgeproof with physical means but when water is applied, it comes off.

The one real quibble I have about this product is that while it is easy to apply because of the brush tip, it can be difficult to get inbetween lashes and it can cause clumping. That is the only thing preventing me from giving this a full five lipsticks.

In short, I really like this eyeliner a lot. It's not perfect, but it is pretty great and easy to get a nice cat eye. I don't know that it would be the best for a beginner, but a more experienced makeup fan would have a smaller learning curve and would possibly enjoy it. Personally, I would gladly repurchase this product at this point.

Pros:

- Lasts all day without flaking or fading
- Water-resistant per claims
- Does not smudge or budge once set
- Available in a wide variety of colors
- Cheaper per oz than several other alternatives on the market
- Cruelty-free
- Great for traveling
- Brush applicator (for those that like it)

Cons:

- Slight learning curve
- Will burn if you get it in your eyes (difficult to tightline as a result)
- Can cause lashes to clump
- Does flake while removing (but it is easy to remove)
- Brush applicator (for those that dislike it)

I am not that good with liquid eyeliners, but this seemed the most user friendly one out of them all, so I gave it a go.

I love the packaging, size of the brush (it is so tiny) and colour range - it is phenomenal. This is indeed a very goof-proof product, those of you who love liquid eyeliners will definitely adore it. As for me, it is as close as I will ever get to using one. I can apply this eyeliner in one go and it doesn't budge all day, thankfully the formula is waterproof. You can read application tips & tricks on my blog ( http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2016/12/07/Urban-Decay-Razor-Sharp-Liquid-Eyeliner-Review ) but overall I am very pleased with how these turned out and think they're worth the hype.

on 7/30/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love these! he color range is awesome and every color so pigmented, smooth, and very much water, allergy, and smudge proof! My only concern is with the deeper shades (such as Perversion,) that they are very very watery, in comparison to the lighter, and more vibrant colors. I did notice a very unpleasant, almost rancid stench coming from them, but fades when the liners dry down.