Hourglass Cosmetics Illume Sheer Color Trio

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Great for travel! Instead of a separate blush, bronzer, and highlighter, you've got all three in a reasonably small, sleek package. The bronzer leans pretty dark (NC15-20 here) so I have to use a very light hand with it, but I think I can pull it off. The blush is a warm pink. And if you are looking for a subtle highlight, you will be pleased with the highlighter. They all go on great with fingers (if you're not averse to that)--start with a small amount and pat/blend it into the skin. With the price of this, though, it's a luxury, not a necessity to own. I probably won't rebuy this even though I said "yes" to the buy it again question. The quality merits a rebuy, but I doubt I'll do that...there is always something shiny and new in the makeup world that catches my eye.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Yes this product is $$$, but it is worth it because it can be used many different ways. There is a bronzer, blush and highlight in a cream to powder formulation that dries down quickly. The three colors, mixed or separate can also be used elsewhere on the face, such as shadow or lip color or contour. I mixed the three on my lips then topped with Vaseline (it was what I had closest to me at my makeup table but any clear gloss would work for a stronger payoff) and it was sooooo gorgeous and surprisingly subtle and sparkly. Play with this palette and do what you want with it, and even though it was expensive-it works for you now and you tell it what to do! Lovely creams with no scent and good wear even though I have very oily skin. Just place the color and powder it in place. Really pretty packaging with a nice big mirror. I bought mine off Sephora because I went into Ulta and asked if they carried Hourglass and the sales person had never heard of it. Um, ok...LOL must mean she doesn’t really love makeup if she’s never even heard of Hourglass! Oh well. I definitely love the brand and have the radiant bronze light and the ethereal light powders and the formulas are so luxurious. Highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, I dropped €75 on this tiny palette. Without a doubt the most expensive item of make up I own. But soooo worth it. Gorgeous neutral bronzer, beautiful pink/coral blush and a magnificent highlighter all in one handy compact. Very pigmented, easy to blend, last ability is excellent. This compact lives in my everyday make up bag and it's there to stay! Love, love, LOVE!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I am so loving this palette. The compact is the usual cheapish (but light and easy to carry) plastic (although it has a good, functional mirror in the lid), but what's inside is magic. These are cream products, which I prefer. All are wonderfully creamy and well-pigmented, but sheer out easily (if that's what you want) and blend together incredibly well. The bronzer is a matte, neutral tan that is neither orange nor red. It looks quite dark but, again, sheers out easily to pretty much any intensity you desire. The blush is a lovely, matte, quite neutral rose that is very flattering. (I wouldn't say it's a universal color, but I think most people could wear it.) Finally, the highlighter (which is in a slightly smaller pan than the blush and bronzer) is a champagne-y shade with very, very fine shimmer. It is incredibly flattering--the best highlighter/illuminator for my skin tone and my age that I've found yet. It's perfect for my NW20-ish skin. I love that these products come packaged in an easy-to-carry (if kind of cheapie and bulky) compact that travels well and is so convenient for everyday use. (You can do a really fast face with this palette--eyes, cheeks, lips, contouring.) These products are not greasy but they are creamy, so oily skins may not be crazy about them. I find that I get good wear time--at least 6 hours before there's some fading, even in summer heat and humidity--when set with a light dusting of powder, although YMMV. Of course, it's ridiculously expensive at $62, but I'll pay for Hourglass's quality, the convenience of the palette, and the fact that you can blend the three products to get an amazing number of variations. I would repurchase.