4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Great everyday shade that’s not a boring nude. Soft pewter shade, warm toned. Metallic finish.

About reviewer (942 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

2 years ago

This shade is stunning. I just purchased during sephora sale. Sephora website still says exclusive/limited edition, but these have been available for quite a while now, so they don't seem that limited to me. The color has a gorgeous sparkle. I used a glitter primer (E.L.F) and pressed extra on with my finger to get maximum sparkle. Still looked amazing by the end of the day. I think the price is a bit too high, but I keep buying nars eyeshadows, so I guess I can't complain. This looked like it would be my favorite of the hardwired formula. I think if you like sparkle and you like taupes you will really enjoy this.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

4 years ago

Nars has introduced a limited edition collection of 6 eyeshadows (3 are repromotes, I believe) for Summer (or maybe Fall) 2016. I first saw these at Temptalia's blog and, after passing on Stud when it came out last year, I decided to buy it and also Pygar, which I'll review separately. These shadows are SERIOUSLY metallic/reflective, so if high shine isn't your thing, you won't like these. Because they are so glittery, they are different entirely from Nars Dual Intensity shadows, which I also like a lot. Sephora's site describes Stud as a soft pewter bronze but I see little "bronze" about it - it's more like a highly reflective pewter/taupe. It is lovely as a mobile lid colour - either applied all over or on the inner third or half with other less shiny shadows to complete the look. It puts me very much in mind of Urban Decay Maui Wowie but without the dreadful, uncontrollable fallout, in spite of how glittery and shiny and reflective and metallic it is (it is REALLY shiny, like I said). But a few of the shades that I tried in-store are more prone to fallout and aren't nearly as smooth and even when swatched or when you apply them. Stud, however, is very pigmented and beautifully smooth and 'non-gritty'. I've worn it 3 times already and I'm pleased with how it applies and how it looks with my dark brown eyes. It is certainly not a must have colour in anyone's books and, to be honest, a large part of what motivated me to buy it was that it IS Limited Edition and I figured I'd be all regretful if I missed out on it. But I am glad I have it and I know I will use it and enjoy doing so.

About reviewer (1490 reviews)

Age44-55