MAC Lustre - Mythology

MAC Lustre - Mythology
MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

3.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a pretty rose gold/peachy pink coppery color that has a shimmery metallic finish (but nothing off the top). I like the color payoff, it shows up pretty well on my skin tone (NC35) and looks nice with my brown eyes. While the color shows up nicely, I'd consider it pretty day-friendly with my particular coloring, and shimmery enough for evening with maybe something darker in the crease. I got this from CCO so it wasn't as expensive as it could have been. It's not my favorite of all the MAC colors I have, but I think it's pretty.

on 7/22/2009 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This color is pretty, but it has a really chunky texture! Lots of fallout for me. the color is beautiful though :)

I don't think i'll be re-purchasing

on 2/10/2008 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous very shimmery reddish bronze shade that looks great with other browns or greens. It especially would bring out blue eyes best, but it looks really great with brown or green eyes. It's an eye catching color when you are at the Mac store looking for new shades. It's quite frosty too.

on 1/31/2008 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Mythology is such a beautiful color, very pigmented and can get extremely messy if worn wrong. Some people have complained about the eye shadow's glitter falling everywhere but u need to start with an eye cream base that will help the eye shadow stay on ur eyes much like Mac's pigments. Overall wonderful color, very pigmented. GREAT for the summertime!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I agree with you DARKANGEL...this eyeshadow is way too glittery, orange and loud, even on my dark tanned skin! :( I really wanted to love it and i thought it would look gorgeous on me, but it just looks red and the glitter keeps falling into my eyes, making them extremely irritated since I wear contact lenses. The only way I can pull this shadow off is mixing it with black eyeshadow to create a smokey eye. It looks stunning.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

All of MAC's eyeshadows are beautifully pigmented, but this is extremely sparkly and flakes very easily. If you love a bright copper shimmer, this shadow is great! However, it is somewhat orange and a little too loud for me.

on 12/1/2007 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Bought Mythology because it looked so pretty in the pan. But this is so hard to work with! It's gritty and I end up with sparkles all over my face. Yuck. Color payoff wasn't that great for all the hassle, either. Definitely would not repurchase. Used some of it then it went right back for B2MAC.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is one of the better Lustre eye shadows in terms of staying power and pigment. Mythology is a very pigmented coppery color great as a lid or crease color. I love it with Cranberry in the crease. I'd recommend it to anyone that isn't afraid of color. :)

on 5/11/2004 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

this is my absolute FAVORITE eyeshadow--the HG of all summery eye shadows!! Here's why:

*it's SOO easy to blend w/ other colors (and trust me ladies, this goes w/ most colors!!)
*it has fine glitter that livens up your eyes
*it's not your TYPICAL bronzey shade--it has hints of pinkish undertones and orange undertones
*it can look natural and glamourous ALL at the same time :)!

I'm in love w/ this one! I will rebuy over and over and stock up on these :) hehe

on 6/22/2003 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I fell in love with this one when the MA smudged it on my hand. This light coppery-peach coral is nice (but subtle) on my C4 (HHH) skin. I recommend wearing it with Cork l/l and Oh Baby l/g if you've got darker coloring, for a "sparkly nude" look. I rarely reach for it because it's soooo sparkly, but I love the unique color.