MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology

MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

on 7/15/2017 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So beautiful on the lid and looked great blended with some of my darker shades. I don't own any other shade like it since it is a mix of peach, copper, and pink. It is not too flashy and looks nice against my brown eyes. Definite repurchase.

on 3/15/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Such a gorgeous color! its kind of a coppery/brownish/pinkish color. It doesn't pick up too well on my brush.. but other than that, it's really nice!

on 11/27/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far one of the worst mac eye shadows I own. 1: The fall out is outrageous. Regardless of the amount you put on, eye shadow flakes will fall. 2: There is far more flecks of glitter than color. It takes few strokes to get the first sign of color, and when you start to see progress, half the color ends up under your eye from fall out later on. 3: I have never found this eye shadow to last. With/without primer, the color has zero staying power. I put this again down to more glitter than color. Its not worth the money by any means. The color looks beautiful in the pot, but in the pot only

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this Mythology so much! It's always empty in my pallet! It's beautiful, easy to use, and very forgiving if I'm in a rush, and have to do my quicky 5 minute version.

Versatile enough to go with a lot of my other colors, and strong enough on it's own that I can use it by itself and still look very put together. I have medium to tan skin (depending on the time of year it is) and it always complements my complexion. Awesome color!

on 10/7/2011 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Simply way too chunky glittery for me. Such a shame, too, as it's a very lovely color in the pan, and, from testing it on my hand, seemed like it would be more blendable. But I wound up looking like a first-grader's craft project gone bad. Couldn't wait to get this stuff off my eyelids.

on 7/23/2011 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased MAC's Mythology eyeshadow instead of Amber Lights or another orangey color. I am blonde with blue eyes. Mythology is an orange/beige color, a perfect shadow to bring out light eyes. I wear it everyday and like the shine, it is not boring yet is a serious color. It gives a sparkle but can be worn to work. I pair it with MAC's black liquid eyeliner, MAC's Sable in the crease and Shroom as a highlighter. Works perfectly for me every time I wear it.

on 11/26/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

One of my favorite eyeshadows!!its a lustre and like most lustres they are shimmery, have fall out and have to work with which i dont really mind because i use fix+ and the outcome is gorgeous. I usually pair it up with sable in the crease and with mythology in the lid and it looks gorgeous, it makes my brown eyes pop out.

My mythology is some what chunky... i don't know if it is just the one i have ?? It's just not as smooth as i would like . It's a very dupe-able color especially if you have any of the UD BOS ... It's pretty and i'll use it but it's not something i reach for often and i wouldn't buy it again !

on 11/14/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this for the MAC pallette I am starting with good neutrals, however this is too glittery and not standout enough for me. It was pretty and a reddish copper color, which I could see delivering some awesome results with some work, but im looking for something else, I cant put my finger on. I may try bronze instead.

on 10/24/2010 7:06:00 PM

I originally bought this shadow with the intent of creating a copper look. Due to the the glitter ending up on my face rather than my eye, I put the shadow aside for a while. Months later I was at the counter again looking for a replacement when the girl at the MAC counter recommended I swab the brush with the shadow and then spray the brush with Fix+ and quickly apply to my lid. Out of all the days and paychecks I've spent at a MAC counter, this was the best advice!! The Fix+ wets the shadow without removing the sparkle. Try it, you'll be amazed.