MAC Lustre - Mythology

3.8

on 11/14/2017 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The copper color in the pan is bright and happy, like a brand new penny with pink undertones. Nail polish, eye shadow, or lip color, I’m a sucker for metallics. As soon as I got it home I brushed it on with a wet brush and it turned metallic orange, not what I wanted. It was a few days before I felt brave enough to try it dry. When I layer it with browns of purples is creates a faint coppery sheen, very nice. It is now in my regular rotation of metallic eye shadows (but nothing beats by absolute favorite Laura Mercier African Violet). Mythology makes my dark brown eyes pull a little more golden, which is kind of a fun way to change things up. I would buy this again, but I’ll never apply it wet again!

on 7/15/2017 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So beautiful on the lid and looked great blended with some of my darker shades. I don't own any other shade like it since it is a mix of peach, copper, and pink. It is not too flashy and looks nice against my brown eyes. Definite repurchase.

on 5/9/2017 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous colour and colour payoff! Coppery orange infuse with rose gold shimmer.worth searching at the store. Reminds me of Star Violet but more coppery. Blends well with Retrospeck. Pretty colour for the summer months... can work as a highlighter colour too.

on 8/6/2013 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Glad I gave Mythology a try. Even though this is a beautiful color in the pan I was so afraid to try this for a long time. I guess because so many other eye shadows that are similar have showed up too orange or red on me. I love using this eye shadow all over my lid and into the crease. It brings out the flecks of amber color in my brown eyes. I was afraid it was going to show up too orange coppery but it's more of a bronze/coppery/pinkish color that is hard to describe. It is a lustre so it is glittery but I don't have a problem wearing it during the day. The glitter is uniform and not random/huge like some Urban Decay glitter eye shadows such as snatch. Mythology makes a great summer color. I like to wear it when I have a little bit of a tan. I haven't tried it during the winter yet. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 is because the glitter makes the eye shadow a little rough and I have to apply it a few times to achieve the look I want but I personally don't have issues with fall out and the color is worth it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Mythology is a bronze-copper glittery shade. Prefer to wear it when the weather is warm. It may take many applications to get your desired look. Seems to be more glitter than eyeshadow & wears off easily or you may get that glitter in your eye so make sure you definitely wear primer! To be honest, I use a stroke of this as a bronzer more so than an eyeshadow.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is quite a versatile, everylook for everyday eyeshadow.
It looks fabulous on the lids (although if you are pale never wear it without a crease color of somesort) with coppers, purples, pinks and neutrals in the crease.
It also looks great on the lower lashline for extra attention to blue and green eyes, and you can also wear it in your crease.
As for the fallout I haven't had any yet, and I have dry lids and wear a paintpot.
Overall great color but only 4 lippies because you cannot wear this on it's own.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This was one of those colors that I kept coming back to at the MAC counter. But, unfortunately this color didn't work well on my nw25 skin. It is a beautiful coppery pink that just looked plain on my skin color. I swapped it away hopefully someone else can enjoy it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This eyeshadow is really well pigmented and I love the glitter even though people think it's chunky. The color is absolutely gorgeous however if you are like me and have fair skin the eyeshadow can look a little orange.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this color! I can definitely see what people mean when they say it's too chunky and messy.. It certainly can be but I find that if it's used wet and on a good base. I usually use Painterly paint pot with just about everything, but Artifact really brings out the pinky undertones in this one. Overall, a good shadow, especially for bringing out blues, and especially green eyes.

on 12/29/2009 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Mythology is a very pretty pink-ish copper-y color (and would probably pair very nicely with Coppering), but I can't say I love it yet. I ordered it online and it wasn't exactly what I was expecting it to be, but it is a nice color, although its a bit difficult to work with being a Lustre.