MAC Lustre - Mythology

MAC Lustre - Mythology
MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

4.1

on 4/7/2011 7:47:00 PM

I had to knock off one lippie because of the incredible amount of micro glitter fallout. It'sa beautiful color with a coppery-pink shimmer. The glitter isn't too bad after I give it a quick tap off the brush. It's just that as the day progresses, tiny little glitters seem to attract my eye. Given the fact that I have extremely sensitive eyes, it irritated them. It's still a gorgeous color for my NC 20 skin tone. I wouldn't buy this again because of the glitter fallout. It's also pretty close to dupeable with one of Nyx's jumbo eye pencils in French Fries.

My mythology is some what chunky... i don't know if it is just the one i have ?? It's just not as smooth as i would like . It's a very dupe-able color especially if you have any of the UD BOS ... It's pretty and i'll use it but it's not something i reach for often and i wouldn't buy it again !

on 11/15/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I just got this shadow (it's been on my list for ages but something else always edges it out) and so far I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Love the colour; hate the texture. I can make it work by using a brush dampened with fix+ to apply, but no matter what I do, I still find that there's sparkly fallout. I have sensitive eyes that sometimes get irritated by loose glitter falling in them, so overall I will use it but it certainly won't make my favourites list.

On my skin tone, light with pink undertones...this color shows up as a rose gold, not a copper like on others. Its a nice color but I'm not really into shimmery non matte/satin finish shadows. I did experience fallout and I did find the texture to be displeasing for my taste. I won't repurchase and I did swap my Mythology shadow out.

on 6/17/2010 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm NC25 with light yellow undertones and Mythology shows up as a soft warm coppery color with a *slight* bit of coral on me. I'd describe it as a midtone shade - it goes really well paired with darker colors like Antiqued and Chocolate Brown Pigment, which make for a great smokey-amber look. Love to wear this shade in the summer and fall! Yes, it is a Lustre formula but it is one of the better ones, not nearly as gritty and its worth it to deal with the minimal fallout. Would definitely purchase again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hmm, I really do love this colour and the sparkle effect, I just don't like lustres. They have way to much fall out and the glitter can irritate the eye. However, when used with a sticky base (i.e. paint pot) it really does help prevent the glitter from migrating. This is a great shade for green eyes. I will continue to use it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Almost every time I went to MAC to look at eyeshadows, the MA suggested Mythology to bring out my green eyes. I passed it over many times thinking that it was too similar to other colors I had but I'm glad I finally got this. It is a beautiful coppery-orange shade with shimmer. It can be worn alone or with a wide variety of shades.

I know that many people are unsure about lustres because they tend to have lots of fall out. Compared to honey lust, Mythology has less fall out and is a darker more orange version. If you have problems with fall out I'd suggest using a denser brush to apply or try applying it wet.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My sister bought this. It's a bright orangey-bronze copper shade that is best used wet. I love using it all over the lid on its own--plain and simple, because this color really stands out. It's just not very unique, if you know what I mean. Still a very nice shadow! Just be careful or you'll get glitter everywhere :P

on 12/22/2004 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

This color is my first mac eyeshadow and I love the consistency of it. Very pigmented. It is a beautiful copper/bronze color and I pair it up with a mauve or cranberry color and it looks gorgeous!

on 8/7/2004 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I debated buying this color for a long time because I just couldn't tell if it would suit me. But now I reach for it all the time. On me, it's a shimmery copper pink color, with just enough of a hint of orange to flatter my warm-toned skin. It's great to just wear as a wash and works with many different liners. I use it when I want more color, but don't have a lot of time. Warm-toned PPPs, check this out for sure!