MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology

MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I definitely favour bronzey/copper shades which is why I decided to get Mythology. To me, it's not glittery but the shimmer is a bit more than the other Lustre shades.
I like pairing this with Armani's #11 Rose Ashes eye tint or Dior's Chimere cream shadow for a rose gold/coppery bronze eye look which enhance my brown eyes. I don't experience any fallout but I also tap any excess from the brush (MAC 239 is my fave for this) before applying on my lids and I apply the colour gradually.

Staying power is excellent provided I use my eye primer combination (Etude primer with MAC Layin' Low paint pot) and a cream shadow as a base.

This will be my go to eye look for the summer.

on 11/15/2010 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I just got this shadow (it's been on my list for ages but something else always edges it out) and so far I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Love the colour; hate the texture. I can make it work by using a brush dampened with fix+ to apply, but no matter what I do, I still find that there's sparkly fallout. I have sensitive eyes that sometimes get irritated by loose glitter falling in them, so overall I will use it but it certainly won't make my favourites list.

on 8/22/2010 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really love this eyeshadow for lid or crease. Although its described as a copper colour i think it's more coralcoloured because its more pinkish on me than orange. I haven't had any problems with colour payoff or too much fall out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first MAC eyeshadow. Pretty color, and the guy at the MAC Counter recommended it to me, but I have brown eyes and it almost BLENDS IN with my eye color. Not to happy.

I'll start by saying that I exchanged this sucker. I could not get it to work for me even though I am the Queen of the copper eyeshadows for my grey-blue eyes. This is a Lustre formula, but has way more glitter fallout then the others I've tried in the same formula. Rather than fall out, lets just say it is more of a glitter STORM, which is difficult to clean up and irritated my eyes. It reminds me of some of the glittery formulas of Urban Decay which never worked for me either.

This is a very warm pinky copper with chunky glitter and is quite frosty. The color itself is actually pretty. It is not for those who like a natural look-I would reserve this for nighttime (if you can manage to keep it on eyelids instead of your face than more power to ya). I've decided that I am more a fan of suddle sparkle than this look. I prefer the shimmer cubes from Body Shop for their beautiful copper.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I agree with you DARKANGEL...this eyeshadow is way too glittery, orange and loud, even on my dark tanned skin! :( I really wanted to love it and i thought it would look gorgeous on me, but it just looks red and the glitter keeps falling into my eyes, making them extremely irritated since I wear contact lenses. The only way I can pull this shadow off is mixing it with black eyeshadow to create a smokey eye. It looks stunning.

on 1/24/2005 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm a PPP, and I have successfully tried this color with almost all 60 of my MAC colors and I still cannot make it work for me. It just makes me look sickly and the glitter chunks are way too big and don't stay on for very long. Probably one of my worst purchases but I can see how the color could look good on someone tan or with medium or darker skin.
UPDATE:I tried this color again yesterday and still can't make it work. It's a shame because it really is a pretty color.