MAC Lustre - Mythology

MAC Lustre - Mythology
MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

4.1

on 11/10/2014 5:55:00 PM

It's a great blush! I use Mac eyeshadows on my face all the time. Soba for contouring. Arena in a pinch for powder foundation, Naked Lunch for cheekbone highlighter and on and on. Mythology is a fantastic blush. I'm a little tan but have used this when I'm medium or even a darker tan. It's the perfect bronze/peach. Only downfall is there is fallout...so tap and tap more but it's now replaced all my blushes. Mac is so great this way, you can just tuck away all your little pots for eyes and face! Oh, and I do use this on my eyes once in a while for a complete look.

on 8/6/2013 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Glad I gave Mythology a try. Even though this is a beautiful color in the pan I was so afraid to try this for a long time. I guess because so many other eye shadows that are similar have showed up too orange or red on me. I love using this eye shadow all over my lid and into the crease. It brings out the flecks of amber color in my brown eyes. I was afraid it was going to show up too orange coppery but it's more of a bronze/coppery/pinkish color that is hard to describe. It is a lustre so it is glittery but I don't have a problem wearing it during the day. The glitter is uniform and not random/huge like some Urban Decay glitter eye shadows such as snatch. Mythology makes a great summer color. I like to wear it when I have a little bit of a tan. I haven't tried it during the winter yet. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 is because the glitter makes the eye shadow a little rough and I have to apply it a few times to achieve the look I want but I personally don't have issues with fall out and the color is worth it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Mythology is a bronze-copper glittery shade. Prefer to wear it when the weather is warm. It may take many applications to get your desired look. Seems to be more glitter than eyeshadow & wears off easily or you may get that glitter in your eye so make sure you definitely wear primer! To be honest, I use a stroke of this as a bronzer more so than an eyeshadow.

on 5/7/2012 5:23:00 AM

I don't think i would buy this again. My mythology is really chalky and dry, I bought it in the store because it is a really beautiful color, but when you apply it you have a lot of fall out to my personal opinion. And it is a lot of glitter. Maybe that's just me because I like soft and matt eyeshadows more but I think the glitter is just to much.

This is a gorgeous, shimmery golden-bronze that I think would be flattering on everyone. I also think it could be easily duped, but I am too lazy and attached to wander away and find that dupe. Love this.

on 3/15/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Such a gorgeous color! its kind of a coppery/brownish/pinkish color. It doesn't pick up too well on my brush.. but other than that, it's really nice!

on 12/1/2011 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A perfect mix of copper and brown in a very easy to work with texture. It brings out the green in my hazel eyes but isn't outrageous or difficult to pull off. I use this for my everyday look all over the lid and lined halfway under the eye with a bit of orb e/s to soften the edges and shroom as an inner corner highlight. It really makes my eyes pop. I think it's a nice subdued alternative to coppering (which I also love, but not for every day)

Such a pretty color. Looks good on a tan!

on 4/7/2011 7:47:00 PM

I had to knock off one lippie because of the incredible amount of micro glitter fallout. It'sa beautiful color with a coppery-pink shimmer. The glitter isn't too bad after I give it a quick tap off the brush. It's just that as the day progresses, tiny little glitters seem to attract my eye. Given the fact that I have extremely sensitive eyes, it irritated them. It's still a gorgeous color for my NC 20 skin tone. I wouldn't buy this again because of the glitter fallout. It's also pretty close to dupeable with one of Nyx's jumbo eye pencils in French Fries.

on 2/14/2011 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a gorgeous copppery pink colour, and looks lovely against my NC30 skin tone and hazel eyes. Its fairly subtle even though it is shimmery, so great to wear in the daytime, and the texture is very easy to blend.