MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology

MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology
MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

3.8

on 5/6/2010 11:47:00 PM

I was at MAC and kept coming back to this color. I was scared at first because in the pan it looks really glittery, which I am not a fan of, but when applied it's a nice coppery color. I was somewhat skeptical but then the MAC MUA recommended it after I told her I was looking for a little bit of color and was tired of purple recommendations for green eyes (I told her this jokingly, but really, I get tired of purple recs).

The color does compliment my green eyes and I can wear this as a more natural color or build it up. It looks really good over Naked Lunch! The MUA also recommended lining the lower lash line with it, but I find it tends to have a bit of fall out which is annoying, but it's not much.

As a ref. I am NC25.

I love this color! I am Asian, with Brown eyes, and this color just matches my eye color perfectly! I like the glitter thing which makes my eyes look brighter and goes along with my skin color.
but I use it as the darker shade above my eye liner, I don't use it as eyeshadow base, because it will look too strong for everyday work if I do that.
just be careful to apply a tiny amount everytime, othewise it will be hard to fix.

on 10/1/2006 1:30:00 PM

I looooved this in the pot. It was a coppery pink, I bought it mostly because of the glitters =P. I don't really like putting it all over my lids, since it kind of makes me look tired but when I put this on my outer lids, it looks really nice. For reference, I'm a NC43, dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, asian. =D

I am SOO glad I got this shade. I was at the MAC store and the SA showed me this shade....I thought, NO WAY, its way too orange, but it has become one of my favorites! It shows up almost pink on me with an awesome irridescent shimmer. IF I ever run out, I will definitely buy more :)

on 1/16/2005 4:29:00 PM

I bought this b/c it was one of those day where I felt I needed a pick me up and something different in my train case. Anyway, I really like it. It works well for me. Its not too light or dark. I'm NC40 ... But I like matching it with other colours and have even matched it with New Flame LipGlass if I am wearing only this eyeshadow (and have not paired it with anything else). Looks good on me. Got quite a few compliments.

on 12/22/2004 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

This color is my first mac eyeshadow and I love the consistency of it. Very pigmented. It is a beautiful copper/bronze color and I pair it up with a mauve or cranberry color and it looks gorgeous!

Pretty golden copper color. Goes great with Tres Teal =)

on 6/6/2004 1:56:00 PM

I'm a MAC NC30 Oriental with a light golden tone to my skin. I'd probably love this much more if it wasn't so warm. In the pot, the colour is a very warm bronze with a lot of shimmer to it. On my skin, the shimmer is actually large flakey sparkles and the colour is a warm ultra shiny bronze. I would describe it as a brand new shiny penny. Overall, the pigmentation is pretty dense so I like that a lot. It was wasn't horrible to blend when you placed it over a MAC paint but it was a bit 'flakey' when you tried to use it by itself. Overall, pretty shadow but not suited to my light golden skintone.

This is okay...Sometimes it comes up really pretty and other times it's just too much glitter! But it is exotic looking at times...really makes your eyes deep-set (mine are brown). I gave it a "3" for now because it's just too grainy sometimes, and I'm still trying to decide if I like it. Oh, and you really HAVE to wear neutral-type lipstick or gloss, anything darker makes you look like Moulin Rouge. It actually looks really good with MAC's Squirt lipgloss (which is green in tube but goes on honey-colored, so it's a nice balance).

on 9/17/2003 11:48:00 PM

I bought this at my first trip to a MAC freestanding! As other reviewers have noted, the texture of Mythology is much grittier than other MAC shadows (I wonder if this goes for all Lustres?) but unlike other reviewers, I didn't find it any harder to blend. I apply this sheerly as a wash or a little in the crease for a nice brightening effect. Haven't quite worked out other color combos, but it's a beautiful, complex shade that is very versatile -- it CAN look very subtle if applied sheerly, but if you cake it on your lids will shine like new pennies. I'd describe this as a melon-bronze with pink undertones. I also don't consider this a "warm" color -- I think it would suit (or clash equally with) yellow and pink undertones.