MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology

MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

on 7/15/2017 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So beautiful on the lid and looked great blended with some of my darker shades. I don't own any other shade like it since it is a mix of peach, copper, and pink. It is not too flashy and looks nice against my brown eyes. Definite repurchase.

on 5/9/2017 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous colour and colour payoff! Coppery orange infuse with rose gold shimmer.worth searching at the store. Reminds me of Star Violet but more coppery. Blends well with Retrospeck. Pretty colour for the summer months... can work as a highlighter colour too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I definitely favour bronzey/copper shades which is why I decided to get Mythology. To me, it's not glittery but the shimmer is a bit more than the other Lustre shades.
I like pairing this with Armani's #11 Rose Ashes eye tint or Dior's Chimere cream shadow for a rose gold/coppery bronze eye look which enhance my brown eyes. I don't experience any fallout but I also tap any excess from the brush (MAC 239 is my fave for this) before applying on my lids and I apply the colour gradually.

Staying power is excellent provided I use my eye primer combination (Etude primer with MAC Layin' Low paint pot) and a cream shadow as a base.

This will be my go to eye look for the summer.

on 11/10/2014 5:55:00 PM

It's a great blush! I use Mac eyeshadows on my face all the time. Soba for contouring. Arena in a pinch for powder foundation, Naked Lunch for cheekbone highlighter and on and on. Mythology is a fantastic blush. I'm a little tan but have used this when I'm medium or even a darker tan. It's the perfect bronze/peach. Only downfall is there is fallout...so tap and tap more but it's now replaced all my blushes. Mac is so great this way, you can just tuck away all your little pots for eyes and face! Oh, and I do use this on my eyes once in a while for a complete look.

on 8/23/2013 3:59:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this eyeshadow, it's surprisingly one of my favorite shades. I was very wary to use it because of the pinky color it had, but I really do love it. The finish is just so beautiful, I don't know how anyone couldn't love it. Probably not for darker skin tones, but works great on my fair skin.

on 3/15/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Such a gorgeous color! its kind of a coppery/brownish/pinkish color. It doesn't pick up too well on my brush.. but other than that, it's really nice!

on 12/1/2011 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A perfect mix of copper and brown in a very easy to work with texture. It brings out the green in my hazel eyes but isn't outrageous or difficult to pull off. I use this for my everyday look all over the lid and lined halfway under the eye with a bit of orb e/s to soften the edges and shroom as an inner corner highlight. It really makes my eyes pop. I think it's a nice subdued alternative to coppering (which I also love, but not for every day)

Such a pretty color. Looks good on a tan!

on 3/1/2011 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product. I normally do not like shimmery eyeshadows, but this one is Okay in my book. Will buy again. I love this eyeshadow. Looks great on dark skin.

on 2/14/2011 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a gorgeous copppery pink colour, and looks lovely against my NC30 skin tone and hazel eyes. Its fairly subtle even though it is shimmery, so great to wear in the daytime, and the texture is very easy to blend.