MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology

MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

on 11/14/2017 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The copper color in the pan is bright and happy, like a brand new penny with pink undertones. Nail polish, eye shadow, or lip color, I’m a sucker for metallics. As soon as I got it home I brushed it on with a wet brush and it turned metallic orange, not what I wanted. It was a few days before I felt brave enough to try it dry. When I layer it with browns of purples is creates a faint coppery sheen, very nice. It is now in my regular rotation of metallic eye shadows (but nothing beats by absolute favorite Laura Mercier African Violet). Mythology makes my dark brown eyes pull a little more golden, which is kind of a fun way to change things up. I would buy this again, but I’ll never apply it wet again!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really find this color beautiful but the quality sucks .. has a lot of fallout and bad pigmentation with a brush, better to use it with your finger.. not expected that of a Mac eyeshadow

on 7/15/2017 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So beautiful on the lid and looked great blended with some of my darker shades. I don't own any other shade like it since it is a mix of peach, copper, and pink. It is not too flashy and looks nice against my brown eyes. Definite repurchase.

on 5/9/2017 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous colour and colour payoff! Coppery orange infuse with rose gold shimmer.worth searching at the store. Reminds me of Star Violet but more coppery. Blends well with Retrospeck. Pretty colour for the summer months... can work as a highlighter colour too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I definitely favour bronzey/copper shades which is why I decided to get Mythology. To me, it's not glittery but the shimmer is a bit more than the other Lustre shades.
I like pairing this with Armani's #11 Rose Ashes eye tint or Dior's Chimere cream shadow for a rose gold/coppery bronze eye look which enhance my brown eyes. I don't experience any fallout but I also tap any excess from the brush (MAC 239 is my fave for this) before applying on my lids and I apply the colour gradually.

Staying power is excellent provided I use my eye primer combination (Etude primer with MAC Layin' Low paint pot) and a cream shadow as a base.

This will be my go to eye look for the summer.

on 4/25/2015 9:09:00 AM

Saw this in a yt tutorial, and thought it looked so good. But when i got it, i was so dissapointed with it. I find it to be reallyyyy chunky, and it has tons of fallout.
also, i think it's hard to get it to apply evenly.

on 11/10/2014 5:55:00 PM

It's a great blush! I use Mac eyeshadows on my face all the time. Soba for contouring. Arena in a pinch for powder foundation, Naked Lunch for cheekbone highlighter and on and on. Mythology is a fantastic blush. I'm a little tan but have used this when I'm medium or even a darker tan. It's the perfect bronze/peach. Only downfall is there is fallout...so tap and tap more but it's now replaced all my blushes. Mac is so great this way, you can just tuck away all your little pots for eyes and face! Oh, and I do use this on my eyes once in a while for a complete look.

on 12/22/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this as a gift from someone who asked the lady at the Mac counter what would look good on redheads with green eyes. It's true, this color really does make my eyes pop and I use it all over the lid plus underneath. I prefer the texture of my Urban Decay shadows as this one does go on chunky not smooth. But the color is so pretty I don't care that much.

on 9/12/2013 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this on impulse, in hindsight I wish I'd researched it since 'Expensive Pink' eyeshadow is virtually identical, albeit with a duochrome finish. As a lustre it has chunky glitter that results in fallout whilst I apply it to my eyelids. It's definitely one of my least used eyeshadows.

on 8/23/2013 3:59:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this eyeshadow, it's surprisingly one of my favorite shades. I was very wary to use it because of the pinky color it had, but I really do love it. The finish is just so beautiful, I don't know how anyone couldn't love it. Probably not for darker skin tones, but works great on my fair skin.