MAC Lustre - Mythology

MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

on 7/15/2017 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So beautiful on the lid and looked great blended with some of my darker shades. I don't own any other shade like it since it is a mix of peach, copper, and pink. It is not too flashy and looks nice against my brown eyes. Definite repurchase.

on 5/9/2017 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous colour and colour payoff! Coppery orange infuse with rose gold shimmer.worth searching at the store. Reminds me of Star Violet but more coppery. Blends well with Retrospeck. Pretty colour for the summer months... can work as a highlighter colour too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I definitely favour bronzey/copper shades which is why I decided to get Mythology. To me, it's not glittery but the shimmer is a bit more than the other Lustre shades.
I like pairing this with Armani's #11 Rose Ashes eye tint or Dior's Chimere cream shadow for a rose gold/coppery bronze eye look which enhance my brown eyes. I don't experience any fallout but I also tap any excess from the brush (MAC 239 is my fave for this) before applying on my lids and I apply the colour gradually.

Staying power is excellent provided I use my eye primer combination (Etude primer with MAC Layin' Low paint pot) and a cream shadow as a base.

This will be my go to eye look for the summer.

on 11/10/2014 5:55:00 PM

It's a great blush! I use Mac eyeshadows on my face all the time. Soba for contouring. Arena in a pinch for powder foundation, Naked Lunch for cheekbone highlighter and on and on. Mythology is a fantastic blush. I'm a little tan but have used this when I'm medium or even a darker tan. It's the perfect bronze/peach. Only downfall is there is fallout...so tap and tap more but it's now replaced all my blushes. Mac is so great this way, you can just tuck away all your little pots for eyes and face! Oh, and I do use this on my eyes once in a while for a complete look.

on 12/22/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this as a gift from someone who asked the lady at the Mac counter what would look good on redheads with green eyes. It's true, this color really does make my eyes pop and I use it all over the lid plus underneath. I prefer the texture of my Urban Decay shadows as this one does go on chunky not smooth. But the color is so pretty I don't care that much.

on 4/25/2015 9:09:00 AM

Saw this in a yt tutorial, and thought it looked so good. But when i got it, i was so dissapointed with it. I find it to be reallyyyy chunky, and it has tons of fallout.
also, i think it's hard to get it to apply evenly.

on 8/6/2013 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Glad I gave Mythology a try. Even though this is a beautiful color in the pan I was so afraid to try this for a long time. I guess because so many other eye shadows that are similar have showed up too orange or red on me. I love using this eye shadow all over my lid and into the crease. It brings out the flecks of amber color in my brown eyes. I was afraid it was going to show up too orange coppery but it's more of a bronze/coppery/pinkish color that is hard to describe. It is a lustre so it is glittery but I don't have a problem wearing it during the day. The glitter is uniform and not random/huge like some Urban Decay glitter eye shadows such as snatch. Mythology makes a great summer color. I like to wear it when I have a little bit of a tan. I haven't tried it during the winter yet. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 is because the glitter makes the eye shadow a little rough and I have to apply it a few times to achieve the look I want but I personally don't have issues with fall out and the color is worth it.

on 9/12/2013 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this on impulse, in hindsight I wish I'd researched it since 'Expensive Pink' eyeshadow is virtually identical, albeit with a duochrome finish. As a lustre it has chunky glitter that results in fallout whilst I apply it to my eyelids. It's definitely one of my least used eyeshadows.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Mythology is a bronze-copper glittery shade. Prefer to wear it when the weather is warm. It may take many applications to get your desired look. Seems to be more glitter than eyeshadow & wears off easily or you may get that glitter in your eye so make sure you definitely wear primer! To be honest, I use a stroke of this as a bronzer more so than an eyeshadow.

on 8/23/2013 3:59:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this eyeshadow, it's surprisingly one of my favorite shades. I was very wary to use it because of the pinky color it had, but I really do love it. The finish is just so beautiful, I don't know how anyone couldn't love it. Probably not for darker skin tones, but works great on my fair skin.