MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology

3.7

on 12/22/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I received this as a gift from someone who asked the lady at the Mac counter what would look good on redheads with green eyes. It's true, this color really does make my eyes pop and I use it all over the lid plus underneath. I prefer the texture of my Urban Decay shadows as this one does go on chunky not smooth. But the color is so pretty I don't care that much.

on 7/23/2011 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased MAC's Mythology eyeshadow instead of Amber Lights or another orangey color. I am blonde with blue eyes. Mythology is an orange/beige color, a perfect shadow to bring out light eyes. I wear it everyday and like the shine, it is not boring yet is a serious color. It gives a sparkle but can be worn to work. I pair it with MAC's black liquid eyeliner, MAC's Sable in the crease and Shroom as a highlighter. Works perfectly for me every time I wear it.

on 12/1/2007 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Bought Mythology because it looked so pretty in the pan. But this is so hard to work with! It's gritty and I end up with sparkles all over my face. Yuck. Color payoff wasn't that great for all the hassle, either. Definitely would not repurchase. Used some of it then it went right back for B2MAC.

on 6/4/2007 1:41:00 PM

I adore this shade. The makes my whole face light up, not just my eyes. Another winner from MAC!

on 3/20/2004 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I asked MAC rep for suggestion for a bronzy color for my medium Asian skin tone (yellow undertones) and she used this with Folie and Nylon. This is the first time I've ever worn this shimmer look and was a bit hesitant because it looks VERY glittery in the pot! I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely this looks on me! She also changed my lips to a neutral and voila! Perfect look! Even my DH was pleased, he said he liked it because it doesn't look real dark. Edited on 4/22/04: Love this a lot so I have to change to 5 lippies! Note that this does tend to get everywhere because of the high shimmer texture.

on 3/2/2004 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This color looked so nice in the pot, however it did not do much for my eyes. The bronze/orange color is not for me. In addition, my eyelids started to feel very irritated and itchy after a couple of hours. I think there is way too much glitter in this e/s, and I ended up with glittery cheeks as the day wore on. I will be returning this e/s for sure.

on 1/31/2004 2:00:00 AM

This is one of only two shades from the Holidazzle 03 Neutral Shadow Collection that I would repurchase. It provides a low key copper shimmer when applied as a wash over other colors, and provides a warm neutral look a little something extra. It looks nice over light colors like Orb or Creme Brule or over darker browns like kid. It could stand to be more pigmented, but there's enough pigment for the color to read, unlike some of the other Lustre shadows which seem to be more sparkle then color. On it own, it tends to look too heavy after I have finished applying enough layers for the color to show up decently.