MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology

4.1

on 11/14/2017 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The copper color in the pan is bright and happy, like a brand new penny with pink undertones. Nail polish, eye shadow, or lip color, I’m a sucker for metallics. As soon as I got it home I brushed it on with a wet brush and it turned metallic orange, not what I wanted. It was a few days before I felt brave enough to try it dry. When I layer it with browns of purples is creates a faint coppery sheen, very nice. It is now in my regular rotation of metallic eye shadows (but nothing beats by absolute favorite Laura Mercier African Violet). Mythology makes my dark brown eyes pull a little more golden, which is kind of a fun way to change things up. I would buy this again, but I’ll never apply it wet again!

on 7/15/2017 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So beautiful on the lid and looked great blended with some of my darker shades. I don't own any other shade like it since it is a mix of peach, copper, and pink. It is not too flashy and looks nice against my brown eyes. Definite repurchase.

on 8/6/2013 9:23:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Glad I gave Mythology a try. Even though this is a beautiful color in the pan I was so afraid to try this for a long time. I guess because so many other eye shadows that are similar have showed up too orange or red on me. I love using this eye shadow all over my lid and into the crease. It brings out the flecks of amber color in my brown eyes. I was afraid it was going to show up too orange coppery but it's more of a bronze/coppery/pinkish color that is hard to describe. It is a lustre so it is glittery but I don't have a problem wearing it during the day. The glitter is uniform and not random/huge like some Urban Decay glitter eye shadows such as snatch. Mythology makes a great summer color. I like to wear it when I have a little bit of a tan. I haven't tried it during the winter yet. The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 is because the glitter makes the eye shadow a little rough and I have to apply it a few times to achieve the look I want but I personally don't have issues with fall out and the color is worth it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I use this Mythology so much! It's always empty in my pallet! It's beautiful, easy to use, and very forgiving if I'm in a rush, and have to do my quicky 5 minute version.

Versatile enough to go with a lot of my other colors, and strong enough on it's own that I can use it by itself and still look very put together. I have medium to tan skin (depending on the time of year it is) and it always complements my complexion. Awesome color!

on 12/12/2010 6:35:00 AM

Love the colour, a frosty copper with peachy undertones and gold shimmer which makes my green eyes sparkle. Being a lustre finish I definitely notice fall out, but this can be minimized by tapping off excess from the brush, packing on the colour versus sweeping motions, and using a an eye shadow base (I use paint pots and pack on the colour before the paint sets to a drier finish). I normally wear this on the lid or on the lower lash line and this shade pairs well with many neutrals, tans, browns, and bronze shadows in my collection. I really like wearing this shade during the fall and winter months.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This was one of those colors that I kept coming back to at the MAC counter. But, unfortunately this color didn't work well on my nw25 skin. It is a beautiful coppery pink that just looked plain on my skin color. I swapped it away hopefully someone else can enjoy it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a lustre and has quite a bit of fall out which isn't a big deal for me as I do my eyes first and then clean up before moving on to my face. I originally wanted Bronze but it was a bit dark for me. This looks more Bronze on my NC30/C3 skintone than the bronze did. Maybe with a touch more pink than bronze should have but it was much more flattering IMO.

on 2/17/2010 12:47:00 AM

Very similar to Anabelle nugget shadow, but a nicer shimmer to it. It looks almost red on the model above, but shows up as a soft copper when I use it in my crease. It's a lovely colour against my green eyes and with MAC naked lunch as the all over wash.

on 10/13/2009 6:00:00 PM

A pretty color. I was a tad disapointed as I sometimes feel that I get more sparkles than actual color. I would buy this again however. the bronzy/coppery color is nice if packed on.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is a beautiful rusty color. I don't really care for the lustre finish, but I forgive Mythology cuz it's so pretty, lol. I do want to try this with Fix+ to see how much better the application could be. Overall though..awesome color and I'm glad I got it.

*Update* I'm NC45 in MAC terms