MAC Lustre - Mythology

MAC Lustre - Mythology
MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

3.8

on 5/7/2012 5:23:00 AM

I don't think i would buy this again. My mythology is really chalky and dry, I bought it in the store because it is a really beautiful color, but when you apply it you have a lot of fall out to my personal opinion. And it is a lot of glitter. Maybe that's just me because I like soft and matt eyeshadows more but I think the glitter is just to much.

on 4/7/2011 7:47:00 PM

I had to knock off one lippie because of the incredible amount of micro glitter fallout. It'sa beautiful color with a coppery-pink shimmer. The glitter isn't too bad after I give it a quick tap off the brush. It's just that as the day progresses, tiny little glitters seem to attract my eye. Given the fact that I have extremely sensitive eyes, it irritated them. It's still a gorgeous color for my NC 20 skin tone. I wouldn't buy this again because of the glitter fallout. It's also pretty close to dupeable with one of Nyx's jumbo eye pencils in French Fries.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is quite a versatile, everylook for everyday eyeshadow.
It looks fabulous on the lids (although if you are pale never wear it without a crease color of somesort) with coppers, purples, pinks and neutrals in the crease.
It also looks great on the lower lashline for extra attention to blue and green eyes, and you can also wear it in your crease.
As for the fallout I haven't had any yet, and I have dry lids and wear a paintpot.
Overall great color but only 4 lippies because you cannot wear this on it's own.

on 11/14/2010 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this for the MAC pallette I am starting with good neutrals, however this is too glittery and not standout enough for me. It was pretty and a reddish copper color, which I could see delivering some awesome results with some work, but im looking for something else, I cant put my finger on. I may try bronze instead.

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This eyeshadow is really well pigmented and I love the glitter even though people think it's chunky. The color is absolutely gorgeous however if you are like me and have fair skin the eyeshadow can look a little orange.

wasnt impressed =(

~cons~ its like a coppery pink color and the sparkly stuff ends up on your face at some point in time

~pros~ i love the idea of the shadow but its just not me and its verry pigmented

on 1/18/2010 10:47:00 PM

super pretty! i love pairing it with the copperbeam pigment or coppery shades from my coastal scents pallette. it does have some fall out though, but it's not a huge deal

on 11/20/2009 1:54:00 PM

Mythology is a very pretty coppery color with some peach/pink in it. Its a strange color and its hard to describe haha!
But, it looks awesome on my greenblue eyes. I wish it was a little bit more pigmented, I really have to pack it on to get a nice color pay-off. Still a very nice color!
I'm not sure if I would repurchase, but I think I would if I couldn't find a similar color thats more pigmented (which I haven't found unfortunately)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first MAC eyeshadow. Pretty color, and the guy at the MAC Counter recommended it to me, but I have brown eyes and it almost BLENDS IN with my eye color. Not to happy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been wanting this eyeshadow for ahwhile (mainly because of its name haha) it also looked pretty on the swatches ive seen. When I got it via swap, it looked good in the pan. I didnt try it on for about a week, then one day I decided to and wowza! It dosent look good on me. I am a NW20, dark chocolate brown hair and brown eyes and it made me look blah. I suppose I just dont know how to use this and what to pair it with. I wouldent re-purchase.