Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Nuit Blanche EDP

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Nuit Blanche EDP

3.2

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Out of all the versions of Black Opium, this one I like the best. This is a bit softer (and sexier) than the original EDP. This is good for colder weather. Even though it is softer, it's still a strong scent. I like it better because it focuses more on the vanilla note in the base, and I love vanilla scents. Definitely worth a try if you think the original is too strong.

on 8/11/2018 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Yves St. Laurent’s Black Opium Nuit Blanche is the perfect fragrance for those cold, winter evenings.

I purchased the 50 ml version for $80 CAN at Winners, which was a steal. The fragrance’s main notes are caramel, coffee, milk, pepper and vanilla. I’d describe it to be a warm spicy scent. It is ideal for evenings during the colder seasons. This is a strong fragrance - I usually do a spray in the air, then walk quickly through it. That’s usually enough for me, especially if I know I’m going to be somewhere with people sensitive to scents. If not, I usually do a puff on my neck, then dab a little onto my wrists and inner elbows. The longevity of the perfume is amazing, it lasts for hours.

Compared to the original Black Opium, this one is more mild and sweeter. Personally, I prefer the Nuit Blanche. This product lost a lippie because it's super expensive and too strong, so it's easy to go overboard if you're not careful.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i like it.I am not a fan of coffee but apparently i like it in perfumes.I tested it due to Nina Dobrev(i am a big fan and i read in bazaar that she wears it).Not very heavy and not very light.Good for winter.The only disadvantage for me is it doesn't stay many hours.Maybe it is my skin.I don't know if i would buy it again.Maybe.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Nuit Blanche is all about the creamy milk and a soft vanilla, all enveloped in the warmth of the caramel. There is a powdery undertone to the sweetness, which I'm guessing comes from a quiet mix starring rose and/or magnolia, alongside the orange blossom.

There seems to be a undertone of something nutty here too, and the woody base and light hint of coffee tones down the sweetness which adds more of a mature feel to the fragrance as it dries down. Longevity is good: I get a very respectable eight hours - it goes close to the skin after around 4 hours though, so it does seem quite 'quiet'. A fantastic fragrance for colder weather, it is so warm and snuggly - a real "come closer" fragrance.

Official scent notes; rice, Bourbon pepper, orange blossom absolute, coffee, vanilla absolute, caramel, milk, sandalwood and white musk.

I certainly don't think that Nuit Blanche is a "bad" fragrance; in fact I find it much easier to wear in comparison to the stronger Black Opium. Black Opium is nice but is a migraine-trigger on me, whereas I've not had a problem with Nuit Blanche.

I just won't buy it (I have a 7.5ml mini bottle) for practical reasons; it is very similar to Britney Spears Private Show - a huge price difference. Why spend more money on something when there is a perfectly good alternative available for a fraction of the price, which as almost as good staying power?

on 12/4/2016 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This one is super super sweet! I think this scent is very vulgar, and not in an interesting or sexy way. It is way too strong, and way too sweet. I thought Black Opium EDP was strong, this is sickly sweet (emphasis on SWEET). I couldn't scrub this off my skin soon enough after trying it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Horrible. I threw it out the same day I received it - this experience is a good reminder that I have no business ordering fragrances online that I have never actually smelled, especially from a place that doesn't accept returns. I bought this because I am currently obsessed with Black Opium and I wear it every day. I loathe all other YSL fragrances, including and especially original Opium - it's like a musky, spicy, cinnamon-y old lady. Contrast that with Black Opium, which is one of my favorite fragrances of all time. My one and only issue with BO (lovely initials for a fragrance!) is that it's too heavy and strong for summer. When it's really hot out, BO feels downright stifling. So I went searching for Black Opium's lighter, brighter, possibly more floral cousin. And that's how I ended up with this dud. Where Black Opium is a warm caramel vanilla gourmand, Nuit Blanche is a powdery white musk disaster. It has just the tiniest, almost-imperceptible smidge of Black Opium at its base, but not enough. And all the rest of it is so bad that it takes me right back to my loathing of all other YSL fragrances. Like all the others except BO, Nuit Blanche seems destined for the vanity of a rich old lady who will no doubt vote for Donald Trump. Like I said, horrible. For now, I'll stick with Black Opium dry oil spray, with a smidge of Bobbi Brown Beach layered on top of it. That combination, while not perfect, is 1000x better than Nuit Blanche as my new summer signature.

Popular Fragrances