The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Velvet stick

The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Velvet stick

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/31/2018 5:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Got this in a nude (slightly peach) shade, I forget the name. It works okay as a blush, it's very light and easy to blend. Not very pigmented so it's hard to mess it up. It's terrible as a lipstick, very dry and flakes. Really unflattering. Would not repurchase.

on 7/25/2016 5:43:00 AM

I got this mainly for the color and because I generally like Body Shop products. Mine comes in Shade 30, a coral with shimmer that reminds me of NARS Orgasm. I like lip/cheek dual function products because they are so convenient: easy to use, easy to carry, and less of a headache trying to match your lip color to a separate blush. This the perfect shade for summer for me and I`ve been going through it pretty fast. However I find that it works better as a blusher than a lipstick. The stick is pretty hard and dry, so tends to drag making blending a tad difficult. Still I find I can work with it if I use a buffing brush. As a lipstick it is really drying and feels gritty on the lips. It applies patchy and crumbs up even with a good helping of lip balm or gloss. Pity, because it`s lovely shade but would have preferred a buttery formula to work with. There is also a sickly sweet floral fragrance that I am not crazy about. Would not repurchase.