Sol de Janeiro - Brazilian Bum Bum Cream

-Guaraná: Supports natural circulation, boosts energy, and smooths skin; contains five times the caffeine of coffee. -Cupuaçu Butter: Full of fatty-acids, phytosterols, and polyphenols to lock in moisture and help restore skin’s elasticity. -Açaí: The antioxidant powerhouse packed into one superfruit helps keep skin looking and feeling young. -Coconut Oil: Melts easily into skin to soften, condition, and moisturize. Water, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Phenyl Trimethicone , Dodecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Fragrance, Cetearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Paullinia Cupana (Guaranà) Seed Extract, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuaçu) Butter, Euterpe Oleracea (Açaí) Oil , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mica Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil Nut) Seed Oil, Ilex Guayusa Leaf Extract, Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract, Distilled Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylates/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum.

It has a musky scent which I really enjoy but it has shimmer in it and I’m not a fan of shimmer in general! It is not oily or extremely moisturizing. It has a lovely packaging though! The only thing is amazing about this product is basically the scent the least amazing thing about this product is the price! I can live without it!
Affordable alteratives:
- HEI POA - body butter
- Bomb Cosmetics - body buff

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Firstly - this item is not touted as a fat loss product, nor can it work wonders on your body if you do not use proper diet/exercise as part of a healthy body regimen. This is not a miracle product, and it is definitely a luxury item. I am well versed and educated in skin care/cosmetology and I can tell you that the ingredients in this cream CAN work with consistent use; caffeine is regularly used in body scrubs and wraps in spas/medi-spas to help eliminate excess water, toxins, and smooth out the look of skin. The added benefit of Mica particles blurs the look of any cellulite or stretch marks. I picked mine up only one day ago as I was hesitant due to the price tag of $57 CAD. I am willing to spend the money on products that are good quality, as I regularly do, rather than constantly purchasing new items that are based on fads or have little scientific backing. It's best to invest. The ingredients in this cream alone make it excellent for the health and look of your skin, and it is your body's largest organ so you better be careful what you put on it! The scent is described as a salted-caramel/pistachio blend and it is unique as well as exotic. I love how the scent lingers and it is perfect to use post-shave, after a shower and after a full body exfoliation. I cannot attest to the ability of this cream to firm the skin just yet, but I am hopeful. Regardless, because of the high-quality and anti-aging benefits of this cream I am hoping it will be a HG item for me seeing as this can definitely benefit the skin in aiding the aging process long term. It is also an excellent after-sun cream thanks to its soothing properties. If you are not expecting miracles with this, as no one should, you should definitely give it a try if your wallet allows it!

on 3/14/2018 4:00:00 PM

This stuff smells like paradise in a jar. My skin never smelled so good! It leaves my skin soft and hydradreted.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Loveeeee this stuff. The scent is divine, its an extremely hydrating body butter. The scent lingers for about 24 hours which is pretty amazing. I also find it does slightly firm my skin. Crazy expensive, but I will continue to purchase.

on 3/7/2018 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Didn’t even buy it. I went to Sephora and rubbed some on my hand. It was so strong, it gave me a headache within 20 minutes. Definitely not going to buy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The formula is great. Deep moisture, absorbs quickly, and leaves a noticeable smooth coating that makes skin feel like satin...so put it where you want to be touched. The scent though, ugg. Its a very perfumey almond blossom with vanilla and powdery notes. It smells like Christmas Cake Icing (Marzipan) soaked in a strong Chypre style perfume. Nothing at all like Bath and Body Work’s Warm Vanilla Sugar (creamy burnt sugar vanilla), or Coconuts.

on 2/1/2018 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I got a trial size of this and I like it. The smell is like a combination of Bath and Body Work’s warm vanilla sugar and Soap and Glory’s Rich and Foamous body wash. It sinks into my dry skin and doesn’t just sit on top, which is hard for me to find a product that does. However, for the price, there are other products out there that can do the same for less money

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff, it smells amazing and delicious and it lingers for quite some while. I found that the scent of the bodycream last longer then the bodymist. Would recommend and would repurchase a specially in the summer time when you show some more skin. If it was cheaper then I would use this as my only bodycream, but because it is more on the expensive side I will keep this as a special treat.

on 12/4/2017 5:51:00 PM

I have already purchased 2 of these tubs since receiving the travel sized sample and using it up within a few days! Smells SO GOOD!!! Hydrating, super quick to be absorbed--you cannot go wrong with this moisturizer!! I was smitten as soon as I smelled it. Coconut, pistachio..creamy and delicious! Scent is lasting, too. Love this stuff!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

After falling in love with the body mist, I had to have more of this incredible scent, so I ordered the set with the Bum Bum cream and the shower gel.

The Bum Bum cream does not disappoint as far as the amazing fragrance goes. It also has a rich, velvety texture that leaves my soft and silky. The shimmer is barely noticible which is a good thing but I still don't want mica in my body butter. The main problem I have, and why I took off a star, is that it's made with guarana which means tons of caffeine. Caffeine gets absorbed by the skin and I'm not going to chance using this at night. Even during the day, I'm at an age where I's rather not go out in public with my "bum bum" exposed so I don't need any shimmer at all so I could do without the mica, and the whatever "firming" this guarana is going to do to my bum bum isn't going to make any difference. If they start making the same cream sans mica and guarana it's a definitely 5 stars from me because I'd love to smell this delectable and feel this soft all night!

Popular Lotions / Creams