Sol de Janeiro - Brazilian Bum Bum Cream

-Guaraná: Supports natural circulation, boosts energy, and smooths skin; contains five times the caffeine of coffee. -Cupuaçu Butter: Full of fatty-acids, phytosterols, and polyphenols to lock in moisture and help restore skin’s elasticity. -Açaí: The antioxidant powerhouse packed into one superfruit helps keep skin looking and feeling young. -Coconut Oil: Melts easily into skin to soften, condition, and moisturize. Water, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Phenyl Trimethicone , Dodecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Fragrance, Cetearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Paullinia Cupana (Guaranà) Seed Extract, Theobroma Grandiflorum (Cupuaçu) Butter, Euterpe Oleracea (Açaí) Oil , Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Mica Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Bertholletia Excelsa (Brazil Nut) Seed Oil, Ilex Guayusa Leaf Extract, Ilex Paraguariensis Leaf Extract, Distilled Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylates/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol , Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this so much. It smells like I'm on holiday or i'm in a cake shop by the beach. Absorbs like magic and leaves a very subtle (almost invisible) layer of glitter that lasts the whole day. Makes my skin smooth and soft. Non sticky. Not sure about firming, will have to use it more regularly and observe the results. I use it on my arms and legs, not my bum. I've finished a small 75ml tub of it and have already repurchased 3 of the big tubs as stock up. Highly recommended.

on 8/20/2018 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was excited to get a sample of this much-touted cream. Sadly, I had to throw it away. It contains guarana, which contains high amounts of caffeine. Apparently, I absorbed the caffeine transdermally, causing some anxiety and tachycardia. Nope, not for me.

I ADORE this Bum Bum cream! I bought it for the first time after I spotted it in a Sephora and thought that the packaging looked interesting (I am a sucker for cute packaging). The concept seemed.. interesting! Even though you'd assume this is targetted specifically for your bum area, I use it all over my body and it works like a charm. I wouldn't say that it's particularly tightening however it's just a lovely body cream that sinks into the skin relatively quickly.

The smell. Oh my goodness, it smells SO good! In fact, so good that I ended up buying the mist from Sol de Janeiro so I can douse myself in it, haha!

I will say that you should be aware that there's tiny little shimmers in the cream which really show up in direct sunlight. I personally don't mind it but I didn't expect it the first time that I bought it.

on 8/10/2018 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It moisturized well, but I'm not a fan of the smell at all. To me it's something like vanilla-sugar-coconut. I really dn't like those types of smell, and I also disliked that it began smelling a little waxy over time - it reminds me slightly of sweat, somehow - I stay away from anything that smells waxy

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I know that the big selling point of this is the smell, extremely sweet caramel that is overpoweringly strong. If you don't want to smell like that, it's not for you. Also not for you if you don't like to put silicones on your skin.

on 7/24/2018 1:59:00 AM

This is a nice smelling lotion, and it has a lot of thickness to it. I wouldn't use it on my face, but I rubbed it on my arm and liked the effect which wasn't terribly noticeable, but it seemed to have an exotic scent that readily entered the air. I wouldn't pay full price but would wait until it went on sale. I do think it is an enjoyable but not a miracle product in any way.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long lasting scent
- absorbs quickly

CONS

- price
- formula sucks

COMMENTS: As a lotion, it’s not worth the price (I bought mine for 20% off from Dermstore, though). I don’t feel like it does anything. However, I buy it for the scent and nothing more. The body spray isn’t anywhere near as potent as the lotion, so this is what I prefer to use. I apply over a more preferred body lotion and only to my upper body. This acts as my perfume for the day. I can even smell it on my clothes.

on 7/4/2018 7:10:00 AM

So hyped on YouTube!! I ordered a small size and expected magic.

Nope. Average moisture with a vanilla coconut scent. Leaves skin a bit sticky unless thoroughly rubbed in.

on 6/22/2018 11:31:00 PM

This cream does a wonderful job hydrating your skin, and the fragrance is sheer heaven. It’s a bit pricey, so I stock up when Sephora has their sales. But it’s worth every penny!

on 6/19/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This arrived this morning and I had to try it on immediately, considering all of the rave reviews.
I have been on the search for the perfect firming lotion and things I look for in the lotion's is 1. Scent 2. How well it absorbs 3. Moisture 4. Firming effectiveness

First Impression: I personally enjoy light/fruity/fresh scents over sweet and decadent scents. This product smells like a mix of coconut/shea/macadamia nuts. Not something I would usually like but I think it is bearable for people who are not a fan of the sweet scents. Putting the lotion on I immediately noticed how fast it absorbed and I didn't have a problem putting my clothes on after without worrying about it being sticky. I also noticed that there is a slight shimmer within the lotion, something I can do without but again, I do not mind it too much. Conclusion of my first impression, I was very unsure about the product because of the scent and shimmer but had high hopes for the product to help firm my skin.

4 Hours Later: My skin feels moisturized and not thick and sticky like other firming lotions I have tried on. Huge plus! The scent is still there but not as strong as when I first applied it, which is also a plus. The shimmer is still there but barely noticeable. Reading other reviews I was extremely skeptical of how people were saying how quickly it firms your skin but my hips and inner thighs had diminished looks in cellulite/stretch marks. Overall, I really enjoy this product. The scent is the only thing that kind of bugs me, but again it is bearable. The absorption, moisturizing and firming effects trumps the scent.