3.8

$20.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

Love this stuff, obsessed with the scent. I’ve started to buy everything from Sol de Janeiro that comes in this scent!! I use this as a hand cream, it’s thick and smells great and moisturizes without feeling greasy or sticky. I actually like the Bum Bum better as a hand cream than the actual hand cream! It’s pricey but I love it

About reviewer (49 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 months ago

I don’t see much results of the product sadly but i love it make my skin soft and smells divine.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2 months ago

I bought this on a whim to try out a new cream for my dry hands. I love Josie Maran Argan Oil Body Butter, but it's always fun to try something different. I was told by a Sephora SA that this product smells amazing and was a must-have. The scent is strong, that's for sure. It's a sugary, creamy, tropical scent which is nice at first, but it lasts throughout the day in a way that I don't like. Hours after application the scent is very powerful, enough that others can smell it. I wish most EDT and EDP fragrances had this kind of silage and lasting power! Perhaps it's not fair to complain about a scent actually lasting, but I'm just saying that unless you want this cream to become your "perfume" it may not be the right product for you. Plus, the moisturizing effect was just okay, nothing amazing. I'll go back to my Josie Maran Body Butter, which has a nice range of scents that stay closer to the body.

About reviewer (137 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

4 months ago

Was curious about the hype, so I picked up a container for my bday in July and just finished it. Smells like a faint sweet tropical oil with a slight coconut scent blended in. Goes on smooth and absorbs well into my skin which is drier on my body. I liked it, but I didn't love it because I was expecting more. The majority of reviews on other sites hail this stuff like it's the second coming and will transform your skin into the tightest, smoothest, firmest skin you could possibly ever imagine. I won't purchase this product again unless it's a really good sale. It's just okay and not worth the cost for the results I experienced.

About reviewer (448 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 months ago

I love the scent of this! The texture is thick and it's very moisturizing. Not a good pick if you don't have dry or very dry skin. The jar is super cute. The price is too high for what it is. I personally cannot rebuy this because I've started breaking out in cysts from coconut oil but if I didn't have this issue I would repurchase.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2.0

5 months ago

Is this the cure for cellulite? Unfortunately not. I've had much better results with a simple coffee scrub (just save the coffee grinds from your cup and use in the shower daily, the caffeine content encourages blood flow and tightens the skin - works a treat for me but needs to be repeated daily). Now onto this, love the packaging and invested in a full size jar. It has this almost marzipan kind of smell which was unexpected but I love marzipan and this lasts literally the entire day! And no wonder, with fragrance being the 6th ingredient on the list. The Bum bum cream is nicely moisturizing but I don't need to be paying this kind of price for some hydration, many a drugstore brand works just as well if not better. I went through the whole jar and noticed no difference at all on cellulite on the back of my thighs/bum area. Any effect it has is temporary, at least on me, most likely due to the Mica. 'Mica' - a reflective ingredient that gives this cream that shimmery finish and has no other benefits, is higher up on the ingredients (therefore more of it is present) than ALL SIX of the 'key ingredients' that are touted to help in here, and that pretty much explains why it didn't do a thing! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Lush' - Enzymion 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

from

5 months ago

This product smells AMAZING, texture is soft, it’s easy to apply leaving your skin soft and well hydrated, but I didn’t see any results, I will buy it again only because of the smell, price wise I think it’s too expensive.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

8 months ago

I think this product is overhyped. I got a sample size and I could never picture spending that much money on this cream. It is not a bad product but I’m not experiencing anything remarkable about it either. It smells nice enough if you like warm scents. Hate to say this, but it reminds me of the Pure Romance coochy shave cream in Love Struck as far as fragrance goes. A warm sweet brown sugar amber musk. This one is a little more complex and refined with a nut element and less vanilla. Nice enough if you like that type of smell, I can see it being too heavy and sweet for others. It tingles very slightly after application and makes the skin feel a bit tighter. However, it actually made my skin feel drier, which was odd as I was expecting something really moisturizing since it is a cream. I didn’t see a noticeable difference in my butt and legs. I also didn’t expect to at this point, however. When I was in better shape Clarins made a product that was the only one I noticed to actually really improve(temporarily) the look of cellulite. I’m not going to pay these prices for a nice smelling leg cream that dries my skin some. EDIT: Soap & Glory Smoothie Star lightly whipped body buttercream is a very nice alternative. It has a similar warm sweet pistachio vanilla fragrance and though it doesn’t claim to tighten anything I find it more moisturizing. It also costs much less.

About reviewer (306 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

8 months ago

Decided to add this on during a FabFitFun sale, and now I get the cult like following. I am amazed how quickly this cream is absorbed into my skin. The smell just reminds of the beach. Not the best at moisturizing my very dry elbows or knees, but not a deal breaker. I will plan on repurchasing for summer month use when I'm done with current jar.

About reviewer (654 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

8 months ago

im absolutely stunned by this cream....STUNNED.... this is hands down the best body cream ive ever tried ..it makes my skin smooth , tight and silky soft instantly and the results are visible with naked eye...my butt looks more firm and lifted than before im not even exaggerating ...It smells divine ...the smell is kinda strong, but I like it ..it absorbs super fast with no greasy feeling...my only regret is not buying a bigger jar as this is sold out fast at my local Sephora and online

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age25-29