Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Kiss & Blush Cream Cheek & Lip Palette

4.8

on 7/15/2017 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I'm a lover of cream blush; my HG is usually Stila Convertible Color. While these are not *quite* as pigmented, they are still very nice, blend in well, and the colors are beautiful. I like having the options right there in one palette. The packaging is beautiful and heavy, feels substantial. My fave colors are Saucy and Butterflies. I haven't used on my lips, I have lots of lip products. If you're on the fence about it, go for it; limited edition but still available now.

I know this is LE but I need to say how much I love this palette. The blushes last ALL DAY on my combination skin, the colors are very pigmented so you need the smallest amount, they blend really well and they look gorgeous on the lips too. I've tried applying them on my cheeks with fingers, sponge and duo fiber brush and it looks great everytime. On the lips they can be drying but I just apply them as a stain, either tapping the color on my lips with my fingers or using a brush and they look great. The highlight is gorgeous too, very flattering although I'm afraid only suitable for light to medium skin tones, I fear it's too light for deeper skin tones, sadly. Overall, I love this palette.

on 8/24/2016 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a real winner--a wardrobe of cream blush plus a highlighter in a sturdy compact. I prefer cream blush because I have dry skin and it's much kinder to aging skin than powder, so I went for this. Syeung2 wrote a great, thorough review below, so I'll just add my thoughts. These blushes are *very* pigmented, easy to blend (I use fingers to apply and they work just fine), and wear until you take them off. I found that although the formula did not dry to a powder finish, it wasn't at all sticky, nor could I feel it on my skin. I think this is a cream blush that might work for oily-skinned folks. I love that you can mix the shades to make a custom color if you wish, or just add a little luminescence by adding a dab of the highlighter, without opening several products. Although the palette is super-sturdy and has a big, good-quality mirror in the lid, I'd prefer something a bit more streamlined, but that's a small complaint given the quality of the product. I have not tried these on lips, so I can't address that use. But if you love cream blush and convenience, you can't go wrong with this palette. I would repurchase, but I doubt that I'll ever use these up!

on 7/22/2016 5:49:00 PM

-- Butterflies - rosy mauve
-- Saucy - berry
-- Tickled - peach
Highlighter in Cloud 9 - pearl highlight

Product - As creme blush these are great. Good assortment of basic colors in one palette, plus a highlighter. Personally I might have preferred a coral shade instead of the peach, but you can always mix and blend a custom shade. They are creamy though not overly moist (i.e., not as buttery as, say, a BB Pot Rouge or Stila Convertible Color), but they apply and blend well. I use my fingertips to dab on then blend. My oily cheeks eat blush and these still persist at the end of a long work day. As lipcolors they wear matte with moderate coverage; they smooth onto the lips nicely. It takes two layers to get good coverage; wears on my lips a reasonably long time (surprisingly), and fades evenly. Smooch is a wee bit too pale as lipcolor for my preference (I'm AAB/NC25), but I could always blend in Saucy with it.

Packaging - Hefty, sturdy, flat, round, golden compact with squared edges. Lid graphic has sand dollars in pink and in gold on a darker pink background. Full size mirror under the lid. The five convertible colors are arranged around the perimeter and the highlighter is a slightly smaller pan in the center. Retails at $42.

Overall - Didn't need this (have too many blushes already) but wanted this. It's beautiful and versatile. A bit hefty for travel IMHO (YMMV).

on 12/31/2016 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PIcked this palette up a few weeks ago and so far I'm enjoying it. I like cream blushes for when I want a soft natural look. A cream blush that is applied sparingly and well blended can look very natural and pretty. From a distance the cheeks have a natural pink glow but up close there is no visible product. I had a liquid cream blush from Makeup forever years ago and at the time I bought the recommended brush which was a fluffy stippling type brush. That brush is working very well with this palette. Does a great job of blending the product out into a soft natural looking color.

As lip colors I'm less impressed. The colors are pretty but a little too flat and dry for me. It feels thick and dry on the lips. Interestingly the lasting power as lipsticks is better than the lasting power as blush. I find that as blush it completely disappears within about 4 hours. The highlighter is very pretty and besides being very flattering to the cheekbones it can be used to brighten up the colors when they are on the lips. After applying the color to the lips dab on a little of the highlighter to add more depth and life to the mouth.