Becca Ombre Rouge Palette

No Image

4.5

on 10/16/2017 10:30:00 PM

I love this palette!!! It's so simple yet so lovely. When I'm feeling a cranberry eyeshadow look, I love using this palette. The formula of the shades are extremely blendable, not heavy nor chalky. Very easy to create a brown smokey eye.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pertinent information out of the way first: I'm NC25 with a typical yellow/golden, East Asian skintone and have double-lidded (with partially hooded) eyes. Therefore, I prefer warm-leaning shadows and mattes of decent quality for color harmony, depth, and definition. The Ombre Rouge does both things.

Pros: sturdy, sleek packaging; application is mostly idiot-proof due to the gradient-style layout of the 5 colors; my eyeshadow-beginner self knows where to place each color without having to consult youtube for look inspiration; fallout isn't bad (nothing like LORAC or KVD shadows); they stay put with or without primer (but I like to include the latter because I'm not sure this $40 palette can endure my 11/12hr shifts without some help); used on its own, the Ombre Rouge is good for simple, neutral, hazy/blown-out eye looks, and as a supplemental palette, all 5 of the pans perform excellently as transition colors

Cons: it *is* possible to over-blend since they are ridiculously easy to blend in the first place; $40 is still a lot for 5 eyeshadows; the middle 2 pans are too similar imo; can be boring for those who enjoy shades with more oomph

Basically, Ombre Rouge is flashy in neither appearance nor marketing (since BECCA's too busy shoving highlighters down everybody's throats, I suppose), but I feel classy on the days this palette is in rotation. Underrated, underappreciated, but not underwhelming by any means. Give it a try!