3.4

$46.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

14 days ago

Background as always- Normal with dry areas- chin and between the brows. Light neutral skin tone leaning warm. Right now I am on Curology and purging so I have some large acne spots and a lot of redness on my jaw line. Shade Purchased: Porcelain. 3rd lightest shade. I believe I could go up one but this blends really well into my neck. Skin Prep- Evening Primrose oil followed by HA Acid. Used directly on skin with a buffing brush. I have been on the hunt for a good foundation stick and this one has potential. First, the shade is one of the best I’ve found for my skin tone. Second, it gives me really natural looking coverage. Thirdly, it seems to wear nicely throughout the day. Now, as far as far as coverage goes I can’t get full full coverage from this. I use maybe two to three streaks across my problem areas, buff them in, and then maybe little more over redness. It never 100% covers everything like other full coverage items I’ve used. But, the coverage is still lovely and looks natural across the better parts of my face. The Price- To be honest, as someone who has never used up an entire foundation no matter if I loved it, hated it, etc, I don’t care that it’s got a smaller amount in it. I do with is was 10$ cheaper. But. I can purchase it at sales and make it more worth my while.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

3 months ago

I'm almost 50, good skin, one forehead wrinkle, dry-ish and pale. I wear the Blanc shade. I use SUPERGOOP! Everyday Sunscreen For Face & Body Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA first, then a primer. (By the way, that's fabulous under makeup!) Doesn't matter what kind of primer. I've used all kinds with it. I think the trick to this looking great is to not use too much. I put "dots" around my face - not squashed down, just barely pressed. One on each eyelid, one under each eye, a very small swipe on my forehead (one my wrinkle), a dot on my upper checks, a dot on my cheek bones, a dot under my nose and a small swipe on my chin. Then I blend. I did buy the Hourglass brush that goes with it and use that, but I'm sure any dense, good quality brush would work. This gives me a light-medium build. I actually think this looks better once it really sinks in. I have used Too Faced primer, Hourglass primer, Jouier primer, etc. They all work with this foundation. I have not used it without primer. I have also used setting sprays (or none), setting powder (or none), and/or finishing powder (or none) - or combos of these. It looks great on me no matter what. At the end of the day, my skin looks like there's no foundation on it - just looks like great skin. But when I take my makeup off, there is a lot of foundation that is removed. So, it's still there. It makes my skin look like skin but better. It's also very hard for me to find foundations that are light enough. This is a perfect match for me.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

5 months ago

1. ON MY SKIN Love how it looks and feels on my skin. However, I feel you kinda need to have a certain type of skin to love this foundation I think. Reasons why it has mixed reviews. Skip to number 2. if you want my opinion to help decide if it’s for you. I personally really love how it looks on my skin. The finish is satin. Not too matte. Definitely not too dewy. It could look natural to super full coverage depending on the amount you put. It glides on so quick so easily. Not cakey, just perfect finish. I love how I need a lot less time to put on my make up. Yet it looks perfect. Its sooo pigmented so you won’t need a lot. It’s super easy and handy as well cause of the packaging and you won’t really need the concealer step. You can throw it in your bag and easily touch up during the day. Easy and fast for daily make up. But because of its high pigments as they describe it as a foundation/concealer, I think they put less product compared to the other foundations. So I can forgive, i guess. Oh and most importantly, IT DOES NOT CLOG PORES. My skin gets clogged easily. Most foundation still clogs my pore even though they claim they don’t. I would feel it straight away from touching my face after removing make up off after the day and I DO NOT feel that at all with this foundation!! BIG SCORE on that. It’s definitely very friendly to the skin. I feel using this would definitely improve my skin like the last time I found a non-pore clogging product! 2.THIS MIGHT HELP YOU DECIDE IF IT’S FOR YOU I think this foundation works differently on different skin type. People seem to either love it or hate it. I’m not sure I’m combination. My skin can change to all levels of oily to normal and to very dry. And because of that. Here’s my thought; Right now i’ve been using my vitamin c drop, so my skin feels a lot dryer than usual. I have a little bit of dry patches around my nose and This foundation clings on to them. It looks smooth and really nice on the rest of my face though. From how it clings on dry patches on my nose, I can tell dry skin people or people with acne would probably hate this as it clings on dry patches and it looks quite visible. I can tell this could probably also move around and might crease on very VERY oily skin as well. I heard most oily skin girls love it too though. So, unless you’re like greasy, i guess you’ll be ok. 3.WEAR With my skin condition right now which isn’t too dry or too oily, the wear is quite good. I’m a flight attendant which means I could be wearing make up for longer than most people, and my make up still looks quite good at the end of the day when i’m back home from flight. It’s also very easy and handy for me to touch up the middle of the day too if needed. 4.SHADES I have the shade sand which is yellow and quite tan. I find it just a little tiny bit darker than how I would like my foundation. So, I just ordered bisque which is a lighter shade in yellow undertone to mix and to use as sort of under eye concealer and highlight. I really didn’t take the time to match for perfect shade in store though. So, it’s not really hourglass’ fault I have darker shade. I really just love that hourglass have a lot of yellow shades which is quite hard to find in a lot of foundations. Bravo hourglass!! 5 from me!!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

6 months ago

Not really a fan. I tried it again today to give it another chance and it's just not for me. Maybe because (yet again) purchased the wrong shade (too yellow). It covers well so there is that if you are looking for a foundation with full coverage.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

7 months ago

I have 2: amber & honey for my inching darker than nc43 faux tanned skin (dead of winter baseline: nw20 - yes, quite a leap; I’m good at the art of hitting the bottle of tan what can I say haha). I use honey under eyes, center of nose, center of chin and center of forehead and amber everywhere else. It is perfect in every way. I smear both on haphazardly and blend them both all together with any soft, dense synthetic flat top foundation brush I pick up. I don’t really need concealer with it but sometimes put a little extra sumthin sumthin to further brighten the under eye such as nars radiant in biscuit. I powder over it usually with nc43 powder+ foundation very lightly and maybe add It bye bye pores to mattify lids (oily) and hide pores which really by this point are hidden by the aforementioned. Bronzer/highlighter go on and stay on like a dream. My skin is on the oilier side. This makeup stays on all day. It doesn’t budge. It doesn’t look cakey ever. It doesn’t settle in lines (I’m 40 but don’t look it). It doesn’t break down. It’s a skin like finish - neither matte nor dewy. Its pretty full coverage but feels weightless. It’s expensive but worth it. It’s absolutely perfect. A little goes a long way. I don’t do that triangle dot thing I draw smeary lines before I go in with my brush. I haven’t tried with the beauty blender cause if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Since I’m faux glowed and I’ve gone darker than the nc40 I got early in the season, this is the full cover I’m using now (have some dark tinted moisturizers or just the mac powder+ for light cover days). Just bought the new L’Oréal infallible fresh wear in my hue as I’ve heard that’s the bees knees.

About reviewer (388 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

8 months ago

This isn't a horrible foundation but I have problems with it. First off it's a stick so i hate the application. It goes on kind of dry and you can see it on top of your skin (like it doesn't sink in). It does have decent coverage though....so maybe for oily skin?

About reviewer (1023 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2.0

9 months ago

I have given this foundation so many chances. With primer, without primer, well moisturized skin and no primer, well moisturized skin and primer, bare skin and primer, bare skin no primer, different primer, different moisturizer, on good skin days, on bad skin days, with my hands, with a brush, with a spondge, different brushes, different sponges etc. I REALLY TRIED IT ALL! No matter what I do this foundation just doesn't stay on and it's such a shame, cause it looks beautiful for the first hour and photographs SOOOOO well even after it's started cracking and slipping. I don't know why people love it so much or how they get it to stay on but I feel like I've already tried everything, so I give up.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

9 months ago

One of the best foundation i've ever found. Even in my oily skin this works just like a magic. It hides every sin that i have and blend very easily. I'm so in love with this product.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Medium

10 months ago

I use this in Warm Beige and the colour match is excellent. Very easy to apply, stick application is great. I prefer using this in the winter, when my skin is especially dry. I definitely have to powder 1-2 a day around T-zone because it does tend to make my skin a bit oily. But the coverage, colour, application are great.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrunette

a year ago

I'm not really into trying out new foundations anymore as I already have a few HGs that I keep repurchasing, but I got a sample of this and I must say that I'm impressed. The color match is perfect, it glides on nicely and leaves a satin finish without the dreaded "painted lady with caked on foundation" look. Coverage is medium to full. I do not use primer with this foundation, but I do moisturize well beforehand as it can cling to dry patches. I buff it in with a brush, but fingers work good too! The bad part: it doesn't last all day. I might consider getting the full-sized stick as travel a lot and this is travel friendly.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age44-55