Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick

Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick
Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick

3.6

phenyl trimethicone, c12-15 alkyl ethylhexanoate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polyethylene, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/candelilla cera, ceresin, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, vp/hexadecene copolymer, ozokerite, mica, talc, silica, triethoxycaprylylsilane, aluminum hydroxide, lauryl peg/ppg-18/18 methicone, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, lauryl laurate, macadamia seed oil polyglyceryl-6 esters behenate, 1,2-hexanediol, propanediol, dimethicone, isostearyl alcohol, methicone, illicium verum (anise) fruit extract. may contain ( /-): titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499).

I’m been looking for a full coverage foundation that last and doesn’t become sheer. I have acne prone , oily t zone skin with red acne scars. With that said, I fell in love with this foundation! Once applied it felt so weightless! If you have acne scars then you know how hard to find a lightweight foundation that’s full coverage. Pigmentation is great! You don’t have to use much product to get the full coverage. I do find it best when you stamp once bluff if it isn’t full apply a couple stamps more you should get the desired coverage. It does settle into my fine lines underneath my eyes but it doesn’t exaggerate them. Honestly you can barely tell. I’ve had other products that created lines. I normally set it with a translucent powder or my EL doublewear power it it makes it last a lot longer. Another tip, don’t use a primer. I’ve noticed it works better without it. Overall it’s a great product, I love the dewiness it gives completely different from the matte-ness I typically use.

on 2/10/2018 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This made my pores appear larger and settled into my fine lines. Still looking for that HG foundation that diminishes the look of my pores.

on 2/6/2018 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I purchased this foundation in Vanilla for fair cool undertones. I wanted to love this because of the good color match but the product is just not right for my mature dry skin. It applied seamlessly using my fingers and looked great for about two hours then it seemed to fade or sink into my skin. I've never had a foundation emphasize my small pores or settle into fine lines but this foundation did. I also have concern about contamination using a stick foundation. I may try another foundation in this line as it is one of the cleaner, less toxic brands.

UPDATE: 2/10/18 - I am giving this another shot because of the great color match. I have applied without a moisturizer underneath and used only with a sunscreen (Elta-MD) as a base primer. The wear time has extended. It still settles slightly into my pores and lines but the finish is nice. I'll use but won't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this. Although it is super pricey (only 0.25 oz) it is very pigmented and I do use less than other stick foundations. Wide colour range. Cream (which was just added this past December) is the perfect shade for my NW10 skin, I was previously having to mix blanc and alabaster. First time I've ever not been the lightest shade in a foundation line. This wears 8 hours on me, and blends easily with all my foundation brushes but I like it best with the clarisonic foundation brush head on my mia. Definitely full coverage. I have normal skin thats prone to dryness and very acne prone and this doesn't accentuate any dry spots on me. Will repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful buildable coverage that still manages to look natural and no cakiness. I bought this on a whim after my trusted EL Double Wear was making my winter skin feel tight, and this definitely felt more comfortable on my skin. I was hoping this would become my new go-to foundation especially because I travel a lot, but unfortunately this is not as long wearing as I need it to be. I'd say this lasts me about 5-6 hours and I'm not even oily! I now use it as a concealer but I don't think I can justify buying again due to the price

on 1/21/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Such a gorgeous foundation. I love this, almond is my exact match. Melts into the skin. It is a liquid foundation in a stick. I use a beauty blender to blend onto my face then I bake my face with tarte loose powder as this is super emollient so I want to make sure my oily skin does not act up. Love this, expensive as hell but I will purchase again.

on 12/25/2017 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This has to be the absolute best foundation out there. 100% full coverage and it looks so natural! I have lots of acne scars and uneven tone and my friends were shocked at how natural and FLAWLESS my face looked!!! Worth the price!

on 12/19/2017 12:55:00 AM

I was skeptical in trying this product given its umm poor reviews but I have no regrets after buying a stick,

The key to a fab application would be to follow exactly what Hourglass advised in their video i.e. three dots here, two dots there, one dot on the nose, then blend it out with a buffing brush. It will give you a fantastic finish, lasts a good 8 hours at least without amplifying your pores and fine lines. But really blend well and a make up trick that I learnt from Wayne Goss was to bounce your beauty blender wrapped in a piece of tissue all over the face to absorb excess product.

That ought to do the trick, to avoid looking cakey and mask like.

I have tried only one other stick foundation i.e. the Bobbi Brown one but I've put that one away in place of the Vanish Seamless Finish Stick

on 12/1/2017 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I wanted so badly to like this having seen all the hype on Youtube. Admittedly it is the best stick foundation that I've tried, but I still find it mask-like. It's easier to work with and it blends into my complexion better than most sticks, the packaging is nice - solid and attractive - and it would be a great option for travel, but it is still just not a very natural finish and is stiffer than I prefer. If you need a stick foundation, this is worth a try, but it is not as magical as a lot of vloggers would have you believe.

on 11/15/2017 8:47:00 PM

Absolutely my holy grail foundation <3 As someone who is NEVER satisfied with foundation ( bc i have large pores and dry skin T-T ) I really couldn't be happier with this product. Not only does it sit well on my skin, it COVERS v well! Also I am limited with what foundations I can buy as I am white as a ghost, the lightest shade is just perfect for me. 10/10 will be repurchasing