Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick

Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick
Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick

3.5

phenyl trimethicone, c12-15 alkyl ethylhexanoate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polyethylene, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/candelilla cera, ceresin, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-2 triisostearate, vp/hexadecene copolymer, ozokerite, mica, talc, silica, triethoxycaprylylsilane, aluminum hydroxide, lauryl peg/ppg-18/18 methicone, microcrystalline wax/cera microcristallina, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, lauryl laurate, macadamia seed oil polyglyceryl-6 esters behenate, 1,2-hexanediol, propanediol, dimethicone, isostearyl alcohol, methicone, illicium verum (anise) fruit extract. may contain ( /-): titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is stunning and Shell was a brilliant match for my ruddy, yet yellowy toned NW skin....it was literally undetectable. The SA put it on over Apotcare Hylaronic serum and a Darphin moisturiser and used the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. It looked great when she applied it and set with Ambient Light Powder.

This was rubbish at home however....it was eaten up by my pores and by the end of the day was a smeary mess. I am combo/dehydrated skin, and it didn't matter if I used moisturiser or oil underneath the Veil primer, or no primer, different primer....Laura Mercier setting powder or RMS....it all just disappeared.

I ended up returning this and will keep looking for the right stick foundation as I love the convenience.

on 7/4/2018 11:12:00 PM

I am 54 with good skin, tending towards being oily yet ageing. I prefer a moisturizing product to counter dehydration. I also like a natural finish because as we get older, too much makeup looks like death.

I apply this over Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm using a damp beauty blender: I just use one stroke of product on each cheek and a small swipe on forehead, chin and nose and feel that this coverage is quite light but evens out my skin, since I have some redness and shadows. I have horrific undereye circles and this is the first foundation that I can use to cover them, which is a reflection of its potential to be quite opaque if necessary. I think that full coverage would be quite awful on most people unless the application was perfect. I follow my application with a bit of MakeUpForEver loose powder - just a quick and light swipe.

Indeed, it is pricey, but I think it should last a long while. Still - it is too darn expensive - none of these cosmetics "need" to cost this much.

Finally, the triangular tube is chic packaging, but I still often smack the lid onto the main tube at an angle and gouge out the foundation, making a bit of a mess. Now this mess is nothing compared to a leaking liquid foundation, but a more regular beveled shape might have been marginally better - albeit less cool in appearance.

In conclusion, I like the product but the key is in getting a good match (mine is perfect for me) and finding the application method that suits your needs.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to love this, by it just didn’t work. No matter what I tried, I just could not get it to blend well on my nose and chin. My skin is a bit dry, and that may be the problem. It does last really well, even in high heat and humidity. But the finish is a dealbreaker.

on 6/6/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Well...I don't know what to say about the bad reviews, because this has become my HG. So glad I tried it even after the mixed reviews. This is my experience....shade Warm Beige is a perfect match , so I am pleased. I like the packaging as it is easy to travel with. To me this is a heavier-medium coverage foundation which can be built to full. I don't get much out of "a few dots" as some gurus use...but i do swipe 2 short strokes on my cheeks, a large dot on my nose and on my chin, and 3 short swipes on my forehead. I blend with brushes or a BB but i find the brushes work better. My skin in combo, oilier now in summer, and this LASTS. I was surprised to read it disappeared or seperated on some people. I am lucky, because this lasts an entire day, flawless coverage, and even lasts at the beach/pool.
So I would suggest trying /testing this esp if ypu have combination/oily skin because it actually may work for you.
100% will repurchase.

I am over 50 but I have amazing skin, I have been a skin care junkie since my teens and it has paid off, I have less fine lines and wrinkles than a typical 30 year old and I have tiny nearly invisible pores. Well...this foundation changed all that and really rattled my cage. I applied it over well moisturized skin with primer as instructed, I tried blending it out. The result on my face was simply hideous... it found wrinkles that even the naked eye in a magnifying mirror could not find, it found pores that I never knew I had. It cracked, it patched, it dug into my pores like a deer tick... it made me look like I was 80 years old with a zillion fine lines and a bad case of weird white chicken pox. It sat on my skin like a mask of zinc oxide mixed with crisco. I never ran so fast to my sink to get out my clairsonic and wash my face in my life. The only thing I can compare this to is my stepmother's old Max Factor Pan Stick that she used to glob on her skin back in the 1980s...all I needed was a bunch of goopy black spidery individual eyelashes and this and I would have had my stepmother's or Tammy Faye Baker's look down perfectly. I absolutely HATED this stuff. On the plus side, it was a great color match, it looked amazing swatched on my forearm and the package is pretty.

on 5/16/2018 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love how natural this looks. I never set my makeup cuz I have super dry skin and setting it ages my skin like crazy. But with this foundation I have to set it or else it transfers everywhere. I find that it works best with the hourglass veil translucent setting powder and the mineral veil primer. My skin looks flawless! I wish they had more shades because I had to buy two of them to get my right color and this stuff is EXPENSIVE (0.25oz or 7 grams for $56 canadian dollars! More expensive than the Tom Ford foundation stick by weight!!!). It's very concentrated so I use the tiniest amount for a medium coverge and a tiny bit more for full coverage. I don't think oily skin people would like this as much because it is quite emollient.

I bought this based on youtubers raving about this product and coverage. It does have good coverage but looks cakey, even with primer/beauty sponge/luminous mist. It is patchy, shows pores, and is more like a bad concealer. It does give full coverage by covering blemishes but is not flattering AT ALL.

on 5/3/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have tried this twice now and each time, I’ve had to wash it off and use something else, not great when I’m needing to get out the door. Swayed by the reviews elsewhere for this ( wish I’d come here first) I purchased this on line and was excited to try it. I’m early 50s with dry skin. I’ve always had dry skin. I used a very moisturising primer and I’ve used it without primer. Both times I’ve been horrified by how my skin looks with it. It shows texture I didn’t even know I had and clings to all my drier patches. It also seems to just ‘sit’ on the top of my skin, in places it almost looks smeared, even though I buff with a dense brush ( like they suggest) . I also tried a beauty blender, also a fail. The packaging is not great either. A corner of the triangle became misshaped by accident, but as you release the product, the misshaped corner just continues through the whole length. It’s expensive and I wish I’d never bought it.

This foundation is definitely not meant for dry skin or at least that's the impression I got. I have dry/oily combination skin, and so the foundation clung to every dry patch, making my skin look extremely patchy. The foundation also seemed to just sit on my skin and looked very unnatural. Maybe this product would have worked better if I used a certain primer (I don't really like primers and typically prep my skin before makeup using the Belif true cream and some sort of face oil), but honestly I would not recommend this to anyone with dry or combination skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The coverage is good and that is about it, everything else about this is horrible. I gave this several chances but everytime it just disappointed me. It creates dry pathces where there are none, won't blend properly and just sit on your skin no matter what technique you use. Put this on and look at yourself in a well lighted mirror closely, you will take it off immediately guaranteed.