bareMinerals The Neutral Attraction

No Image

2.0

1 review

on 7/21/2016 3:13:00 PM

I picked this up at Sephora about a month ago and have been using it off and on a regular basis since then. I like some aspects of it but...I don't LOVE it. I like it for what it is, an extremely neutral palette that can compliment a look but it's also marketed to contain shades that will enable you to create a full face look and I'm not so sure about all that. The packaging is good, nice, sturdy cardboard packaging with a good mirror and you get some nice instructive drawings.

I DO like the bronzer in this, it's fairly neutral and the pigmentation is perfect. It goes on sheer if you apply lightly and you can add another layer if you want more coverage. I also like the middle blush in this, The Limelight. Again, it goes on sheer if you apply lightly and you can layer it for a more flushed look. The color is neutral and I can see how it could be "universally" flattering as the packaging suggests. However, I was NOT impressed with the other two blush shades, they're both grainy when swatched, look weird and scaly on my cheeks and don't have good pigmentation at all. I wish they had dispensed with one of those shades and put in a soft, shimmery white gold highlighter shade, THAT would have given you the ability for a full face look!

As far as the eyeshadows go, they're just meh. Vow, the medium shade is a pretty color but extremely patchy when applied. Pacific Sands, Daydream and Debutant, the other matte shades are actually very pigmented for such pale colors and apply and blend well but I'm not impressed at ALL with the last 2 shades. Heavenly Halo is waaay too chunky and WHY is there glitter in the medium brown shade?!

Overall this was NOT worth the $44 price tag and I definitely will not be repurchasing it. The Neutral Attraction palette might be an excellent start for a makeup beginner or as a basics palette but I'd suggest a pass one this one if you want a really functional all-around palette.