Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

Cosrx AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

4.1

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

So thanks to my recent obsession with Korean skincare I bought this on the advice of all the good reviews online.

For context, I have normal to oily skin, I use to get pimples until I started a strict regime of drinking 1-2 litres of water a day. Whilst the water drinking has improved my skin with the pimples, I still had relatively large pores on my nose - combo of whiteheads and blackheads. I really do believe using this toner almost everyday has completely changed the pores, they are much smaller now and I no longer have to use blackhead strips every week.

I also love the convenience of the spray bottle. While I don't experience any irritation with this product, my skin does have a high tolerance for all and any acids so those with dry/sensitive skin might have a different experience.

Definitely repurchasing!

This is one of my favorite toners! I use it everyday because it is so gentle but effective in keeping my skin clear and even toned. I'm blotchy and have, combination skin oily atm. I break out pretty easily if I do not take care of my skin. This toner has helped keep my skin so clear! It also have made my pores minimal to invisible. My blackheads are gone. And any white heads disappear in a day or 2 if I even get one. I love this product also because it's so gentle.

My skin reacts very well to aha's, bha's not so much, but this minimal amount is perfect for my skin. It also helps decongest pores and I find it so mild I can use it everyday without barrier issues. I don't like the spray bottle though you get so much product but the directions say to apply to a cotton square then blot on.

I have large cotton squares so I do cut them in half and I saturate the Cotten I then dab it on. In the end though I do give a light spritz directly onto my skin. I love how they use mineral water and how the ingredients are simple but effective. I love this product and will buy it again. My skin has never looked better. Plus Cosrx products are some of my favorite on the market. Recommended.

on 5/13/2017 4:37:00 PM

This is great! All my closed comedones disappeared because of this toner. This is amazing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product is not for everyone. It is very, very gentle. I would like to disclose that I:

-Have hypersensitive skin
-Am using another chemical exfoliator (tretinoin/retin a gel)

The % of AHA/BHA in this are extremely minimal. It's actually so gentle that I can use it morning and night without any barrier frying issues. Yet it's been doing exactly what I needed it to. My pores look smaller, any traces of mu are removed, I get that plastic-y/poreless look, and any dry skin from tretinoin is exfoliated off. It hasn't caused enough surface blood flow (from the acid) to cause my rosacea to flare up. And to be quite honest, my make up looks awesome.

If you buy this and find it is not working for you, I'd still encourage you to continue using it. Because the formulation lowers the skin's PH levels, which in turn helps your skin absorb other products (such as vitamin c) better.

I don't really mention the BHA in my review because I am not a BHA fan. Salicylic acid has never done anything good for me... I'm just pleased it hasn't posed any threats to my skin in this formulation.

There are a bunch of AHA products I *loved* but had to give up due to sensitivity issues. Yes, this is too gentle for most. But it's perfect for me.

The only con is the price given I go through it like water.

on 3/26/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Made my skin much smoother and clear although I don't use it daily and use it at night before I head to bed. I then use a facial oil from Chikyu to moisturize. I mainly focus on my forehead, chin, and cheeks. I definitely see a difference in the texture of my skin. It is not too strongly scented and I don't have too much irritation as I thought. I make sure to follow with sunscreen during the day.

on 3/24/2017 7:05:00 AM

Almost don't want to write this review because it feel about like a beauty secret, but as an acne sufferer for most of my life I know how much other people value good reviews of acne products.

I LOVE THIS.
Bought it on a whim after watching too many Korean beauty videos on YouTube and then panicked after reading some not - so-good reviews. However I've been using it for over a week now and I'm in love.

When I get a spot it helps it dry out twice as fast, is helping to dull my quite severe acne scarring and feels incredibly refreshing when you spray it on (morning and night).

It's worth noting I am a year post accutane (roaccutane/isotretinoin) and am still using Isotrex Gel which I was prescribed to woo with the scars and the odd spots I still get. I use the tone right in combination with this gel and Cetaphil face wash.

Honestly it may not work for you, everyone's different but for me it's made a huge difference and I am so glad I bought it.

I know £13 is a lot for a lot of people, but given the amount of money I have wasted on products that didn't work, for me this is a reasonable price.

on 3/23/2017 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff. I have had troubled skin probably all of my adult life and now that I am mid thirties my skin is also drying out. For ages I had blocked pores that held stubborn whiteheads and had slow cell turnover so even worse blocked, congested skin that nothing seemed to help. I tried this after years of using Neutrogena Pore Refining Daily Cleanser, which helped keep me from breaking out, but didn't seem to open up clogged pores.
So after some looking on Amazon for aha/bha products and the good reviews I thought I would try this. Great stuff, pores came clear and the breakouts I would still get significantly dropped in frequency. But here is the thing, I also got SECRETKEY Lemon D-Toc Peeling Gel, and use that about once a week...amazing! This stuff makes peels at least twice as effective and have kept my pores from blocking.
I also want to note that when I was younger I had both dehydrated, and oil slick skin. As I have figured things out and using this toner, I can mostly skip moisturizer. I don't get overly oily nor too dry, if I just use this twice a day, and moisturizer once or twice a week.
Gasp in horror if you must, but I have finally stopped breaking out and look 10 years younger than I am.

on 12/16/2016 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Heard a lot of good things about this on the asianbeauty subreddit and was excited to try it, but ultimately was irritating for my sensitive skin. Sticking to good old Thayer's witch hazel

AHA/BHA get into tricky territory with skin PH, photosensitivity and product layering -- this toner made me break out. It's really not so much meant to treat whiteheads/blackheads as it is, but rather to prep your skin for active ingredients and make your other products work better. It absolutely did not do this and it has made my dumb face look like dry pizza. And I am gambling-level sure that it is irritation rather than a "purge" of sub-surface grossness. (Clue: I am breaking out in places I don't typically -- I have obviously clogged pores and my skin is red and irritated. There is no evidence of skin trash being safely cleaned out from of the depths of my sorry pores.) Upon further research I've come across other people with documentably bad irritation experiences with this, possibly due to the lowness of its PH levels. This is a risky buy and just leave it be. Also, a general reminder to slather on sunscreen if you use AHAs because it causes *long-term* photosensitivity.

on 7/20/2016 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

"The advanced formulation reduces the appearance of whiteheads, blackheads, and blemishes, while cleaansing pores. PyrusMalus Apple Fruit Water containing natural AHA ingredients and White Willow bark water containing natural BHA ingredients are included. Ingredients: Mineral Water, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Lactate, Glycolic Acid, Water, Betaine Salicylate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Ethyl Hexanediol. pH 3.9"

This was the first Cosrx product I tried. Initially I overdid it. I used it 2x a day heedless of the fact that my Curology Rx is a mix of tretinoin and azelaic acid and that *might* make my skin a little sensitive to acids in a way it wasn't before. So, (painful) lesson learned. But this is truly a treatment toner. The pH is low enough that you're getting the full benefit of the acids (aha/bha need a low acid environment to be effective), even though the percentage of the acids isn't high compared to a lot of western products. For my skin at least, when used properly, this means I get all the pore-clearing, acne-fighting benefits without ripping my face to shreds like something like Stridex pads would do to me. Also, this product - like all Cosrx products - are designed with short, simple ingredients list meant to limit the possibility of bad reactions. My only complaint about this is due to the packaging. With the pump spray I always use a lot of product when spraying onto a cotton round, not even soaking it just trying to get it wet; ditto spraying directly onto my face. As it stands I spray a few pumps into my hands and pat on, which works fine but is still kind of a hassle.

continued >>