China Glaze We Got The Beet

China Glaze We Got The Beet

on 2/22/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Beautiful polish. Too bad it took 5 coats for opacity. Yes, you read that right 5 coats. I do paint really thin coats, but that is ridiculous. That is the only reason I rated this so low. Otherwise I'd have given this a solid 4 stars. This was released for summer 2016 in the Lite Brite collection. This goes on sheer like a jelly polish so it took a lot of coats to build up until I was satisfied with the look. This is really a beautiful red raspberry polish with tons of golden shimmer. I've seen swatches of this where it appears much more purple like an orchid shade, but my bottle is more raspberry colored. This looks much more grape jelly purple in the photo than it is in real life. To the naked eye, the gold is so dominant that the polish appears more reddish toned and more raspberry than grape. The gold is really strong in this one and what you see in the bottle will be on your nails when it dries down. That is so satisfying. To expect that gold shimmer and to actually get it. I love that aspect of this polish. This was an easy formula to paint with and it went on smoothly and evenly although it was really sheer. This reminds me a lot of a holo polish with all that golden shimmer. The wear on this is really good and I have not had any chipping, tip wear, or fading. However with a protective base coat, 5 layers of polish and 2 top coats, it better be stuck for a while. I actually only did 3 thin coats and then top coated but after looking at it, I thought it needed more polish, so I added 2 more layers and then top coated again, so yes, it got 2 top coats. That is 8 layers of polish. I will say that my nails look like gel nails with the richness of color and the thickness of the layers on the nail. It isn't bulky by any means and it certainly does not look like 8 layers of polishes. I really like the way this covers the nail once it's finished. I have silk patches on a couple of nails where a break/crack was starting and you can't see any of the patch at all. I wish this didn't take so many coats. I won't buy it again just because of that.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

We Got The Beet is from the summer 2016 Lite Brites collection, and it is a grape toned purple crelly formula, packed with golden shimmer - it fits the theme of the collection really well, as this shade reminds me of my jelly shoes as a child in the late 80's/early 90's.

The formula can be summed up in one word; fantastic. It is opaque and has a smooth look and feel in two coats - amazing for a more 'squishy' polish - the purple base is so pigmented that the polish is almost a one coater. Despite the strong pigmentation, I've not had any problems with staining. In general nail polishes will last me anywhere between two to four days with only minimal wear. But as I'm a self powered wheelchair user I'm tough on my hands and am always catching my nails, so I can't really speak for how long lasting the formula is overall.

Popular Polishes