3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

Review for the new Ultra-Slim. Better than the old Anastasia pencil and the IT universal (yeah, universal my A$$). It almost makes up for not being able to get the NYX brow pen anymore. And the medium brown is ACTUALLY MEDIUM BROWN no red. Rocks. Buy it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0

6 months ago

Trash. Keeps breaking off no matter how lightly you press.

About reviewer (385 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Dark, Cool

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

from

8 months ago

I have used up at least 3 or 4 of Maybelline's Brow Precise Micro Pencil and enjoy using it, but my favorite is the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer. This one is more creamy, so I do feel like I use it up much more quickly but it might be the smaller amount too (you get 1/3 less than the L'Oreal micro brow pencil). This pencil's formula is not so creamy that you can't use it do your brows; you can control how much pigment to apply by the amount of pressure you use. The packaging is standard retractable brow pencil with spoolie. The shade medium brown is fine for my Asian features which requires a more ashy shade (and definitely not anything too warm/reddish). I would buy it again if It is on a particularly good sale.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

2.0
from

a year ago

I used this for a while but then moved onto other products that I like much more. I like the fine tip of this but it wears down very easily and does not last long. The NYX pencill is better but only by a little bit. I have been using the Dior pencil which is much more expensive but WAY better in terms of texture and longevity.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

Ugh I really don't like this pencil. It's far too creamy. It broke every time I tried to use it. I used the lightest pressure and still it broke. It broke so much I was only able to use it twice before I was out of product! The texture was awful. The product balled up when I was applying. It wouldn't go on smooth no matter how I applied it. Pros: Nice packaging. Price. Availability. Cons: Texture. Small amount of product. Easily breaks. Save your coins. There's much better pencils for the same price. I won't purchase this one again.

About reviewer (134 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I really liked this brow pencil in the shade Blonde. But I didn’t realize how little of a product I was getting. The amount is ridiculous, it was finished in a blink of an eye. My other brow products/ pencils are still alive and don’t seem to ran out.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I used this in the color soft brown on my dark blond brows, comes with a spoolie and no need to sharpen because it is a twist up pencil. The pencil is soft but that makes it easier to fill in bald spots in between the brows and i had no problems with snapping. The product does fade during the day but I have one in my purse for touch ups. Price performance is fair and I would purchase this again.

About reviewer (349 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

a year ago

I purchased this product in Soft Brown after having tried pretty much everything else on the market in the form of a fine brow liner. I second the reviewer who compared this product with Clinique’s Superfine Liner for Brows, that was my ultimate HG product for defining the lower part of my brows but it is no longer available where I currently live. This product is identical to Clinique’s in terms of shape and thinness, as well as with regard to the natural tone of the Soft Brown shade. The only advantage Clinique had was the lightest shade which was Light Brown from what I recall, a very natural light brown with gray ash undertones with a hint of light olive, perfect for blondes and light, ash-toned brown haired ladies (and gents). That shade is something I personally haven’t found replicated by any other brand, unfortunately the product is unavailable to me, I hope it was not discontinued. This Maybelline pencil has the advantage of having a great spoolie at one end and, in contrast to the Clinique one, it can be twisted upwards and downwards as any usual twist pencil/wand. The Clinique one could not be twisted back once twisted up (how... twisted was that?!) The pencil is beautiful, natural, it doesn’t seem too creamy to me, blends beautifully with my brow hairs (thick and coarse, skin showing through in some spots), the product stick inside is so thin that it doesn’t need sharpening as it has a very fine tip, perfect for delineating or doing fine strokes. As for the spoolie, i find it great as the bristles are much shorter than others’ and reach all the way to the skin, blending the product among the brow hairs. To the reviewers who complained that the product gets blended out by using the spoolie, I suggest a mild powdering before and after applying it, prior to brushing through. It makes a big difference from the typical powderless application. My only complaint is that it does not last too long as the stick is relatively small and the product is indeed soft, thus it gets finished quite fast (this isn’t a hard brow pencil at all).

About reviewer (147 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

I like this almost as much as my favorite Clinique superfine liner for brows, and unlike Clinique this one has a spoolie end. This is a twist up so no sharpener needed. The black brown color is very similar to Clinique. I’m fairly light handed so haven’t had any problems with the tip breaking. The color doesn’t apply quite as smoothly as I’d like, but the spoolie evens out the color.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

a year ago

As far as most drugstore brow pencils go, this one is pretty good. I bought it when I'd forgotten to bring my usual one with me once when travelling, and I primarily picked it because the medium brown shade wasn't overly red nor too dark, just a neutral midtone brown. It is a very soft pencil, more like a gel liner than a traditional brow pencil, but it applies evenly and easily and blends out well enough using the brush end. Use too much pressure and it will look very bold and dark, but a lighter application results in a softer look - still dark enough to fill in gaps and noticeably define brows without going overboard. I was pleasantly surprised to discover it had great lasting power - provided I didn't smudge it accidentally, it stayed in place well even if I was too hot and sweaty. But if I did something like rubbing my eyes, running hand over them sweeping my fringe out the way etc. then there would be a lot of smudging. My natural hair colour is a dark brown, with a reddish undertone. However, red eyebrows are REALLY not a good look on me. The medium brown shade in this is a neutral one, and while it's not as dark as the hair on my head, it looks fairly natural when blended. The main gripe I have with this - as with most auto twist-up liners - there's not a whole lot of product in there, and it runs out quickly. I also have to be careful about replacing the lid after use, as otherwise it dries out too much to be useful any more. But yes as far as accessible/drugstore brow pencils are concerned, this is one of the better ones IMO.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral