Sun Bum Beach Formula 3 In 1 Leave-In Treatment

No Image

on 10/16/2017 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair is long and thick. My hair is also rebellious and not easy to maintain. I have to dye the roots every 10 days and the daily curling iron is a must unless each strand of hair has a mind of its own. Considering that on top of the foregoing concerns, I have to also watch for products that can cause severe hair fall because of my very sensitive sculp, I am doomed. I have tried a lot of high end, low end and in the middle, mostly from Sally’s. When I did a search on google for leave-in hair treatment, this product popped up. I don’t swim or know how to and although we live in Southern California, I hardly go by the beach. So in light of the fact that this product is for avid beach goers, I was at a loss as to how this product could benefit me but I was at Target and this was sold there so I bought it. $14.99 is a lot for a small bottle and I didn’t have high hopes for it. I started using it on my dried hair and I was stunned of how well it worked for my hair. Then I tried in on wet or damp hair and boy, where have you been all of my life? The product has the right balance of ingredients and works super well on my hair. The raves on the Internet were all true. It is rather surprising that all of these haircare super big companies have not managed to make a product like this but a sun screen company aced it. Highly recommended!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Cute packaging and great scent. I bought this for when I head to the beach but now I find myself reaching for it more often. It helps moisturize and soften my hair, keeps the sun from fading my color, and provides adequate shine.

on 7/18/2016 12:03:00 AM

I just ordered this product to try out/add to my color-protecting regimen and I'm so glad I did. I was nervous about the oils in it because my dyed auburn/Manic Panic red hair is easily weighed down and gets greasy quickly, but that has not been a problem at all. My hair feels so soft and beautiful, I can't stop touching it!
I usually spray it on my hands and then run them through my hair after combing it out after a shower and then I'll spray the top/bangs area and run my hands through again. The spray looks almost lumpy when it's in my hand but it's not. A few times, it seemed like I had way too much in my bangs area and I was nervous about it looking oily after drying, but that hasn't happened once.
And the smell is so delicious and beachy, but not strong and it doesn't linger very long.
I'm not sure how great it is at protecting color because I work in the sun and red is very difficult to maintain, but I do think it helps prevent my color from fading as fast as it normally does.
It also is a fantastic leave-in conditioner that actually nourishes my hair! My ends were so dry and brittle because I wait forever between trims, and I've tried every product, treatment and oil to try and fix them, but this is the only one that has made a difference. Every strand, root to tip, is so soft and healthy. And I love that it has NO SILICONES as well...I know my hair is absorbing and benefiting from this product and it's not just silicones covering up problems until my next shampoo.
The price isn't bad, around $15, but this is a product that I'd say is worth it. The only issue I have is that it's never been available at local retailers in my area (Ulta, BB&B, Nordstrom; though they advertise it), so I have to add shipping on to the price I pay.
I'll absolutely be buying this again! Give it a try!