Urban Decay Moondust Palette

Urban Decay Moondust Palette
Moondust Palette

4.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

The shadows in this palette are best used wet to get the full effect of the shimmer. Using the shadows dry will leave more of a wash of colour and very little shimmer on the lid. To use the shadows wet, I use a mixing medium to make them them slightly creamy, then apply in a patting motion with a firmer brush.

The colour range is beautiful, and there are endless possibilities using this palette as a complimentary palette. When I pack this for travel, I do not pack it alone. I will bring this along with one other palette of mostly matte and/or shimmer colours to build the base of the look on.

The packaging is a firm plastic and very sturdy. It includes a decent sized mirror.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are beautiful. Shiny and glittery. At first glance, I was a little sceptical about how much I was going to use this. It looks like none of these colors go together and I thought they were poorly matched to be put in a palette. But, I was very wrong; they can be worn together and blended together nicely. I think the key to these colors is that they are all neutral. For example, the intense blue in the palette doesn't lean cool or warm. Which, for people with a yellow (warm) undertone, is great. Cool blues tend to look brash on a warm skin tone. So, I think these will look great on any skin tone. A nice palette for a makeup addict to add to the collection. : )

Again, UD did it with this palette. It's not a "boring" Naked palette, it's a palette that shows UD original theme. To show color and express yourself. All shades are new and are beautiful. Some are shimmery/glittery and some duochrome. The pink one has less pigmentation but it's still beautiful. Good for everyday makeup. I heard it's limited (if that's true, why would you do that, Urban Decay?). Go for this palette if you love glittery, duochrome, shimmery shades. People will notice your bright eye makeup.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

my favorite one from ud! before this i couldn't see glitters on my eyes but now i'm obsessed! a touch of light on your face. i wear it everyday! perfection

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This. is. incredible.
All of the colours are pigmented, they work well even without a primer or base (though I do recommend one), and Lightyear is the most beautiful green I've ever laid eyes upon.
I'm in love.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally a palette that looks like something a company with the edgy-sounding name of 'Urban Decay' would put out rather than their office-wear Naked and Naked basics and Naked this and Naked that offerings. (Yeah, yeah I know they also have the electric palette but matte neons are never gonna be my thing).

This is unashamedly a glitter palette so if you cringe at the slightest hint of glitter you need not apply. But seriously I hardly need to mention that since this palette is so clearly aimed at those who never grew out of their love of glitter eyeshadow or the "Ooh, Shiny! Must.... Have" reflex. However these are no simple glitter eyeshadows but the most gorgeous multi-dimensional holographic shadows. Also the glitter stays put and does not end up all over my cheeks. And unlike the powdery Naked palettes there is virtually no kick up and the colour payoff is fantastic. The quality is more in line with UD's fantastic single eyeshadows, if anything better.

I enjoy all the shadows in this palette but the standout shades for me have got to be 'Element' which is an almost-red pink with orange and violet glitters and 'Galaxy' a beautiful duo-chrome shade with green, blue, silver and gold glitters.

And yes! It is possible to wear these eyeshadows without looking crazy, even if you are neither a teenager nor a supermodel. It's all in how you apply them. Some ideas - wear them as an eyeliner. Yep, the pigmentation on these babies is so good you can use them as a soft eyeliner straight out of the pan: even without any mixing medium! I especially like Granite and Magnetic for this. Or else do a neutral eye and use one of the Moondust shadows as a topper or accent colour in the middle of the lid - all the shades blend amazingly with most of the popular neutral palettes including the Naked ones. Magnetic plus a matte pink = amazing!

Unlike the Naked 1 this is one Urban Decay palette which will certainly *not* be getting passed on to my SIL.

on 9/20/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this palette. I'm obsessed with shimmer/ glitter, can barley go a day without some kinda shimmer or glitter on my eyes... So when I found out that urban decay had make a moondust palette, I pretty much ran to Sephora to pick it up... I have a few of the single ones and love them, so I knew I had to try the palette. The price was a little steep than I expected, but I had in mind that if I wasn't 100% happy with it, I would return it. Well! Boy was I pleasantly surprised! Not only are they actually very pigmented, I experienced little to no fallout when applying them. I use them wet, dry over an eyeshadow base and I've never had a bad application :) used wet they provide the best colour pay off, but used dry they are nothing to complain about. I used this for over a week straight when I got it. I used all the colours and I love them all!!! Would definitely purchase again.

on 9/22/2016 8:06:00 AM

Truly, this is a marmite product if there ever was one. You either love glitter, or you do not love glitter.

Nobody can look at this palette under a bright light and not be wowed by the pretty. It contains several brightly coloured, holographic microglitter eyeshadows with a very creamy (but these are powder) texture that have space inspired names. They are housed in a plastic glitter compact which is beautiful in itself.

I'm 32 and work in an office, I will probably not wear these very often but now I own this I will give in ever so occasionally and think screw it, I will wear glitter to the Sunday carvery today and nobody can stop me.

I'm normally very conservative and au naturel with my makeup but like a moth to a flame I could not avoid buying this. It was a senseless and impractical "take my money" moment and I freely admit that I ripped it out of its packaging when I got into the car and drooled over it like gollum for a good 5 minutes. I swatched each eyeshadow and ran through the conversation that most grown up conservative women who own this palette probably go through internally: "oooooo soo pretty" "yes it is honey but when will you wear it" "I don't know" "but ooooooooo" or some variation of that.

I am not the person who purchases palettes on the grounds of "ooo colours" most of the time, but sparkly is a different thing altogether. My personal favourite is Specter which is a light pink and could be described as the most conservative colour in this palette. I love this in the centre of the lid when i'm wearing a neutral eye.

For the love of God do not use a fluffy brush to apply these, microglitter has this incredibly cruel way of being invisible in quick mirror checks but suddenly appears in all its glory by the thousands when you are under bright lights and your face is changing angles. The best way of using this stuff is to use your finger, I like to place it in the centre of my eyelid and not be too fancy with it.

Now..... Urban Decay: When is the Naked Moondust palette coming out? I cannot even imagine the stampede!!

I received this as a gift from my fiancé and I am in love with the colors. I use the shade lithium as an everyday color. The colors are true to what they are in the case, and they are really sparkly. I will take a flat eye shadow brush and swipe the shadow onto the brush, then spray it with a setting spray to apply it wet. It glides on more and will make it have less fallout. By far it is my favorite eye shadow palette.

on 10/17/2016 5:35:00 AM

After seeing Lady Gaga's sparkly red eyeshadow at her superbowl performance ive been trying to find something similar, Urban decay moondust palette was the closest I could find, I was disappointed to see element was actually orange and not as red as it seemed on the websites image but regardless this palette is beautiful and ive seen nothing like it before.
You don't need an eyeshadow glue or primer to wear it but it might help the shadows to stay put longer id only advise that you do your eye makeup before your base because there is a bit of fallout but not as much as I thought there would be. Otherwise the colours are vibrant and long lasting, they don't sit in lines or creases and can be worn all over the lid or as accents for neutral or matt shadows so I think this palette is suitable and appropriate for everyone.
My only problems with the palette is that the eyeshadows are tiny, theres really not a lot of product and theyre not very sturdy in the container, when I got the palette the entire blue shadow was loose and dropped out a few times, thankfully it retained its shape and didnt come apart so was easily placed back in it's holder but now a few of the other shades seem to be coming loose too, ive never dropped it and im extremely careful with it but it still seems to be coming apart, otherwise its an amazing palette and is money well spent. Id like to see Urban Decay produce more palettes like it, maybe with glitter black, red and deep purples.