4.8

Reviews

3.0
from

2 months ago

Beautiful colours, but very difficult to get much colour payoff unless used wet, and if you apply them with a dry brush or your finger, the fallout is absolutely dreadful. I have used the purple one this evening, applied with my finger, and on arriving home literally the whole of my face is covered with iridescent blue sparkles. Very pretty, but not really the effect I was going for! Use with a wet brush and take your time and you'll get results, - but beware the fallout!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

6 months ago

This is a beautiful palette. The colours are super pigmented and super sparkly. They apply best over a base (I just use concealer) but also look nice on top of other powder eye shadows. They apply best with either a finger or a flat eye brush - a fluffy blending brush is not the way to go with these. I like to tap these products into place and pack them on when I need to increase pigmentation. These colours do have good pigmentation though, the shades are bright and gorgeous. Lightyear is, in my opinion, the standout shade in the palette. It is a super gorgeous aqua green glitter. I tend to use these shadows in the inner corner, tapped over the centre of the eye or used to line the lower lashes. While it is not an everyday palette for sure, it’s a good addition to my collection for sure. If you want to add a little sparkle to your looks then this palette is a great addition to your collection!

About reviewer (724 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

If you lay down a sticky base and apply a generous amount with a flat synthetic brush, you'll get a really nice glistening and opaque look. Used dry, it gives you some nice scattered sparkle that shines when the light hits. Some of the shades like Lightyear, Element, Specter and Galaxy change colours when you bring it closer to a light source. Its a fun palette and the case is really sturdy.

About reviewer (183 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

The shadows in this palette are best used wet to get the full effect of the shimmer. Using the shadows dry will leave more of a wash of colour and very little shimmer on the lid. To use the shadows wet, I use a mixing medium to make them them slightly creamy, then apply in a patting motion with a firmer brush. The colour range is beautiful, and there are endless possibilities using this palette as a complimentary palette. When I pack this for travel, I do not pack it alone. I will bring this along with one other palette of mostly matte and/or shimmer colours to build the base of the look on. The packaging is a firm plastic and very sturdy. It includes a decent sized mirror.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

These are beautiful. Shiny and glittery. At first glance, I was a little sceptical about how much I was going to use this. It looks like none of these colors go together and I thought they were poorly matched to be put in a palette. But, I was very wrong; they can be worn together and blended together nicely. I think the key to these colors is that they are all neutral. For example, the intense blue in the palette doesn't lean cool or warm. Which, for people with a yellow (warm) undertone, is great. Cool blues tend to look brash on a warm skin tone. So, I think these will look great on any skin tone. A nice palette for a makeup addict to add to the collection. : )

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

Finally a palette that looks like something a company with the edgy-sounding name of 'Urban Decay' would put out rather than their office-wear Naked and Naked basics and Naked this and Naked that offerings. (Yeah, yeah I know they also have the electric palette but matte neons are never gonna be my thing). This is unashamedly a glitter palette so if you cringe at the slightest hint of glitter you need not apply. But seriously I hardly need to mention that since this palette is so clearly aimed at those who never grew out of their love of glitter eyeshadow or the "Ooh, Shiny! Must.... Have" reflex. However these are no simple glitter eyeshadows but the most gorgeous multi-dimensional holographic shadows. Also the glitter stays put and does not end up all over my cheeks. And unlike the powdery Naked palettes there is virtually no kick up and the colour payoff is fantastic. The quality is more in line with UD's fantastic single eyeshadows, if anything better. I enjoy all the shadows in this palette but the standout shades for me have got to be 'Element' which is an almost-red pink with orange and violet glitters and 'Galaxy' a beautiful duo-chrome shade with green, blue, silver and gold glitters. And yes! It is possible to wear these eyeshadows without looking crazy, even if you are neither a teenager nor a supermodel. It's all in how you apply them. Some ideas - wear them as an eyeliner. Yep, the pigmentation on these babies is so good you can use them as a soft eyeliner straight out of the pan: even without any mixing medium! I especially like Granite and Magnetic for this. Or else do a neutral eye and use one of the Moondust shadows as a topper or accent colour in the middle of the lid - all the shades blend amazingly with most of the popular neutral palettes including the Naked ones. Magnetic plus a matte pink = amazing! Unlike the Naked 1 this is one Urban Decay palette which will certainly *not* be getting passed on to my SIL.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

This. is. incredible. All of the colours are pigmented, they work well even without a primer or base (though I do recommend one), and Lightyear is the most beautiful green I've ever laid eyes upon. I'm in love.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Again, UD did it with this palette. It's not a "boring" Naked palette, it's a palette that shows UD original theme. To show color and express yourself. All shades are new and are beautiful. Some are shimmery/glittery and some duochrome. The pink one has less pigmentation but it's still beautiful. Good for everyday makeup. I heard it's limited (if that's true, why would you do that, Urban Decay?). Go for this palette if you love glittery, duochrome, shimmery shades. People will notice your bright eye makeup.

About reviewer (188 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

3 years ago

my favorite one from ud! before this i couldn't see glitters on my eyes but now i'm obsessed! a touch of light on your face. i wear it everyday! perfection

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I received this as a gift from my fiancé and I am in love with the colors. I use the shade lithium as an everyday color. The colors are true to what they are in the case, and they are really sparkly. I will take a flat eye shadow brush and swipe the shadow onto the brush, then spray it with a setting spray to apply it wet. It glides on more and will make it have less fallout. By far it is my favorite eye shadow palette.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium