3.5

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

3 years ago

This is a terrible product. I used 4 coats and the polish still looks streaky. I thought it was just the colour I purchased, so I tried another one with the same results. The gloss in step 2 is no better than a regular shiny top coat. Terribly overpriced for what you're getting. Will definitely not buy again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

Something about this brush just makes it so easy to perfectly paint my nails. I love the rounded edge as it just rounds off at the cuticle perfectly. It dries fast and is opaque in 2 coats, what more can I ask for?

About reviewer (293 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

from

3 years ago

LOVE THIS LINE. Rich formula & pigment, longwearing, vibrant color & finish, long-lasting, easy to apply, minimal application mistakes (great brush!). Costly, but worth buying a few well-loved colors. The formula & application brush are excellent. The topcoat is rather useless to me, but other users seem to like it better than I do. Any topcoat works with these colors for me, though I tend to get a little shrinkage no matter what I use, even the matching topcoat that's made for these. Generally, I use Seche Vite for added plushness & volume. My fave colors are Sheer Fantasy (very sheer blush), Beauty Marked (opaque classic red), Rock The Runway (opaque bright red), & Gala-Vanting (vampy burgundy). Next I want to get Flashed (opaque orangey). Essie offers my favorite shades of red that I haven't been able to find elsewhere. These are flattering to my medium skintone & they (*hallelujah*) don't morph into some shade of ugly after they dry that makes me want to hurl. They stay color-true throughout wear, I don't notice any yellowing or fading. Miracle of all miracles, this polish doesn't chip on me at all...I mean, at all. I'm sure it helps that I keep my nails short, but other polishes generally chip on me within 5 brutal workdays in a nonstop hectic medical office, & this product just doesn't chip at all before I change the color (usually every 7-10 days at which point there's new growth showing & raggedy cuticles). I've never had a real salon gel manicure. With this polish, it's the first time I can go on a week's vacay with full confidence that my mani/pedi won't chip or peel off by day 3 (or right after swimming) - I'm thrilled at that prospect! Been using this line for a few months & get consistent results each time. Virtually HG. UPDT 2/1/8 - "Virtually HG"...? What was I thinking?...this stuff is totally HG! It is so the bomb. The formula & brush are the perfect combo for mistake-free manicures. FINALLY, no freaking cleanup! And I did have my first flawless vacay mani - applied it late the night before I left, dried to perfection, stayed immaculate for 8 travel days (no swimming though). I only refreshed the shine with topcoat halfway through the trip b/c I'm a stickler for smooth shiny nails, & I went on to wear it an additional week since I was too busy/tired/lazy to change it sooner. (In 2 wks without mani change, my cuticles are weeds.) Love this line & reach for it probably 90% of the time. Hope Essie never discontinues it, or at least don't d/c the amazing brush. Brush application is perfection. Still love the same 4 classic shades the best, but interested in trying more. They need to make some punchy colors like China Glaze & Color Club, or some versions from their regular line (the one with the terrible skinny brush that helps almost no one).

About reviewer (709 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairGrey, Kinky, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

The first time I wore it it lasted a week which is awesome (no top or base coat), but the second time it lasted only 2-3 days, maybe a top coat will help. I LOVE the brush (way better than regular essie brushes) and the application is smooth and even, but I do feel like it's already becoming thicker and I've only used it a few times. I would say give it a try if you like their colours, but I'm pretty sure it's the same price or even more than OPI (which imo is the best polish brand hands down). Also, I do feel like a lot of the colours are kind of dull/greyish.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

So I bought a few of these. One came in a kit with the top coat and was a dark blue it didn't last anywhere near as long as promised chipping after 2 days. I later picked up Make the Cut and Touch Up. Touch up is a pretty easter-y cream purple-pink that is very opaque and applies wonderfully in 2 coats. I decided to try this with a base coat, used Essie first base base coat and it stayed for 4-5 with only a few small chips. I work in health care and wash my hands a lot so 4-5 days is near impossible for me. Make the Cut is a pretty pale grey with a purple undertone which I didn't like at first but it grew on me quickly. It did not last as long even with a base coat starting to crackle and chip after 3-4 days. So overall I would repurchase these, they last longer than other polishes on me as long as I use a base coat. The finish is nice and I love the wide brush. I find them a bit too expensive at $11.99cad.

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

2.0

3 years ago

14 days? Yeah right... If I do my manicure Sunday night, by Friday morning same week the polish is unwearable. Unless you are into chipped nails. Or polish peeling off... It is decent quality for a regular nail polish, applies alright, dries pretty fast, but doesn't live up to the claims with wearability. I got 2 colors- a light and a dark, so I got to test it for a few weeks to be fair. I apply as Essie recommends, and I do my best to wear gloves when doing any cleaning, but no luck with long wear. You get 4, maybe 5 (if you are very-very lucky and literally do nothing with your hands) days. I also found that this polished really dried out my nails. Overall, overpriced for what you get. Nothing special, just your regular faster drying polish.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I bought two of these plus a top coat, a dark blue and a light shimmery grey. Love the colour, the super shiny topcoat and the fact that they lasted 5 days minimum on me (would've been longer but I took it off - the only chip I had was on a nail I broke). Wears at the tips but that's to be expected! The brush is great and the twist in it does stop drips. It might be a little large for those with very small nails - it was ok for me but a touch tricky on the pinky. I've knocked one lippie off only because the dark blue has stained a bit. Not too badly, just where I have a flaky bit, but I have other navy blue polish that doesn't stain at all. I love the bottle, I'm just not sure how many I'll buy of these. £10 each is right at the top of what I'm willing to pay for polish, and I'm pretty sure that the topcoat will get gloopy before I can use it all up. But, all in all, I'm very impressed!

About reviewer (257 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3 years ago

These are so much better than regular Essie polishes, because 1. the brush is wide and curved at the end, like Sally Hansen's CSM, so you can cover each nail in 2-3 strokes (1 for pinky) while having a neat cuticle line, and 2. they dry quickly with minimal smell. Couple of comments: probably due to the twisted design, these bottles break easily (I'd never had a bottle of polish break in 30 years until now) so be careful. Also - the top coat that comes with these polishes is not as good because it has a strong smell that lingers, which I hate, so I use a different top coat.

About reviewer (278 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I bought this at Ulta in a set with the color Lace Me Up and the top coat. I've been excited to try this line because the Gel Setter top coat is my HG, so I was intrigued by more Essie + gel products. I used my 20% non-prestige coupon and wanted to get the set specifically so that I would have the top coat to try with other shades/polishes. So far I've only been wearing Lace Me Up for 2 days and I'm on the fence, leaning toward unimpressed just based on application. The shade is nice, but it took three coats to be fully opaque, and even then was still streaky/see through in some places. It also took FOREVER to dry. I waited far longer than I generally do between coats and still managed to mess a nail up trying to open the top coat bottle. Then, the top coat. The brush on mine is a little wild, with the bristles splayed a bit at the ends. I didn't think it was a big deal, but it left gouge lines in my polish after application, which only worsened the streakiness. The polish color also transferred onto the brush regardless of the fact that I let it dry for ages before applying top coat. It also wasn't very shiny even immediately after application, and dulled very quickly afterward. I'm considering doing a top coat touch up with the Gel Setter, but I want to see how long the polish lasts as is. I really LOVE the brush shape. The fan shape is a little extreme and I could see it being cumbersome to people with small nails, but I love that I can literally paint my entire pinky nail in a single stroke. Despite the mediocre formula of the Lace Me Up shade, the application process was wonderful. Lastly, the polish is holding up on my nails really well so far. Granted it's only been two days, but I've showered and done dishes since applying, and usually one of those things causes a chip somewhere in my manicure. I've also hit my nails or gotten them caught on things and expected to see a gouge, but nope! So far, so good. I definitely want to try other colors in this line since I think the shade I have is my main issue, so consider this review a tentative first impression and I'll update later. :)

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

I LOVE the "Pinned Up" color- it's a lovely opaque pink- nude neautral perfect for the office. Does it last 10 days? Nope. It lasts just as long as the other Essie polishes I have- for me and my dishwashing hands that means new polish every 4 days with a touch up 2 days in between. I'd be delighted if this lasted 6-7 days but it doesn't. Still- Pinned Up is my favorite go-to neutral so I'll keep buying.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair